It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces 5,000 new border agents and tripling of Ice agents to go with wall at DHS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I like how he said that the wall is a HELP, the real news is that he is also hiring 5,000 new border agents and tripling of ICE agents.

He is calling for that, his words.
My question, is he going to call for the retraining of police in all the states, and an end to Ad Hoc reporting of crime and police actions back to the Federal Government? Most important as any wall.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If you read the article I posted the statistics are actually quite startling. I would like to hear what you have to say about it, because there is a clear and obvious problem.

One that stuck out;

• In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You know, for all those who think that ICE can't visit your home or private property, I saw it happen in the early 1980s, when it was INS, la migra. After Reagan's "amnesty", it didn't happen near as much, because Reagan really gave amnesty to the employers who hired all those workers.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To get back to the thread subject, 5000 new border guards.

Lets assume that the current members of the border service continue to do their current jobs that are already woefully understaffed.

To place a single guard on the wall around the clock (assuming the wall ever gets built, in 10 years work only ~675 miles have been completed to date IIRC) will require 21 eight hour shifts per week. At 5 shifts per person per week this will require 5 guards per station. 4 guards X 5 shifts= 20 shifts, plus 1 guard for the empty shift and to cover supervisors, sickness, vacation, training, etc etc. In all probability it will require more than this. 5000 divided by 5= 1000 stations.

This assumes the staffing system is operating at 100% efficiency. As it will be managed by humans and staffed by more humans, 100% efficiency is impossible. Lets be VERY generous and say the system operates at 90% efficiency (in my entire life I have never seen any system containing humans operate this efficiently, but lets just say it does). 1000 stations X 90% = 900 stations.

The US-Mexico border is 1989 miles long. 1989 divided by 900 = 1 guard for every 2.21 miles. Considering the terrain along most of the border, each guard will not even be able to see the entire section he or she is assigned to.

Hmmmmm......

I'M not going to volunteer to be the guy in the middle of no where at 3 am with the nearest help over 2 miles away....

Please check my math, I am only human (see above).
edit on 1/25/2017 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Who the hell is gonna pick all the vegtables tho?

"Alternative" Americans.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes.
His order included training for authorized/approved state and local law enforcement and giving them some authority to assist with illegal immigration issues.
(unless I did not understand exactly what you are asking - training of law enforcement for their normal duties has nothing to do with immigration issues)

edit on 1/25/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i wonder if trump realized the potential for abuse that exists within executive orders and plans to run his term in office through executive orders, as long as it follows the constitution, violates no laws or regulations and congress makes no act to stop him then he can do mostly what he wants through executive orders, i don't think any previous president had the nerve to truly exploit executive orders like this before.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not going to argue with stats like that.

The only thing I would say about that, is that tracking numbers for undocumented workers presents it's own challenges.

It seems kind of high though. I mean, I would agreed completely with a 60/40 split, but I feel like certain areas have the higher numbers simply because of the concentration of illegals in that particular area.

If you did a country wide report on this, it would probably be a lot different.

But in those places that those articles list?

Damn, that's not cool and I walk back my comments on that specifically.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
To get back to the thread subject, 5000 new border guards.

Lets assume that the current members of the border service continue to do their current jobs that are already woefully understaffed.

To place a single guard on the wall around the clock (assuming the wall ever gets built, in 10 years work only ~675 miles have been completed to date IIRC) will require 21 eight hour shifts per week. At 5 shifts per person per week this will require 5 guards per station. 4 guards X 5 shifts= 20 shifts, plus 1 guard for the empty shift and to cover supervisors, sickness, vacation, training, etc etc. In all probability it will require more than this. 5000 divided by 5= 1000 stations.

This assumes the staffing system is operating at 100% efficiency. As it will be managed by humans and staffed by more humans, 100% efficiency is impossible. Lets be VERY generous and say the system operates at 90% efficiency (in my entire life I have never seen any system containing humans operate this efficiently, but lets just say it does). 1000 stations X 90% = 900 stations.

The US-Mexico border is 1989 miles long. 1989 divided by 900 = 1 guard for every 2.21 miles. Considering the terrain along most of the border, each guard will not even be able to see the entire section he or she is assigned to.

Hmmmmm......

I'M not going to volunteer to be the guy in the middle of no where at 3 am with the nearest help over 2 miles away....

Please check my math, I am only human (see above).

I think I worked out 5 guards for every 2 miles earlier, which when you consider how they would have to rotate, your numbers would make some sense.

However, I think it is plenty. They will have a wall. Seeing along a wall and more importantly being alerted by sensors and video surveillance means a patrol will be no more than 5 minutes away from any breach.

Built correctly it would be very hard to pass undetected. Tunnelling would be the only real option, but if they build it deep enough, it's going to be a major effort to tunnel without being noticed too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

How is ordering people to follow existing laws an exploitation of executive orders?
That is what Trump does in these orders.

I would say that Obama ordering people to NOT obey laws was a huge problem.

edit on 1/25/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: stosh64

I can't wait to see Trump raise the debt by another several trillion dollars in his first 6 months in office.

Oh it's gonna be funny.

~Tenth

If that's the case then it was damn right HILAROUS that the last guy created new taxes,raised taxes, and double the national debt in eight years.

Spending more than everyone that came before him, and didn't even break 3% GDP.

Now if the wall actually goes up.

People get deported.

No more habitual offenders.

Means less of those people on WELFARE programs that create that debt.

Compound that if Trump delivers on cutting regulations. That will create more tax revenue. I know it sounds like an oxymoron.

Means less people/less monies spent on social engineering programs.

Which ever way it goes.

Trump has to go $10 trillion before his critics get to cry about it.

No actually he doesn't.

The economy will implode long before we reach that level.

It is obvious most of you have no understanding of the federal budget. Adding a few thousand ice and border agents is total peanuts. I am positive Trump will easily make up for their costs with cuts of other government workers.

But honestly, all of that is really meaningless when it comes to the budget.

Almost 100% of our budgetary problems are related to medical costs. If there is not significant - and I mean significant drops in medical costs - like 50% and quick, we are guaranteed to be headed for a depression. Medicare is underfunded massively, medicaid is out of control, and the baby boomers are all retiring - so the numbers covered are rising greatly.

This is what worries me by far the most about Trump, his administration does not appear to understand the importance of this. We cannot grow our way out of exponential growth of medical spending at 8 -10% a year.

Our medical system as it stands needs massive reform. We need to remove the medical monopolies and go to a completely free market system.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes I agree that most of the statistics are concentrated around the border and that's why I think its necessary to prevent it from growing and spreading.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
I am not saying it's wrong per say but i think trump sees a way to get exactly what he wants without opposition and intents to use executive orders more extensively than previous presidents.
edit on 25-1-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
He stated there will be no new laws, we dont need them. The existing laws will now be able to be enforced.

So he is taking the handcuffs OFF of our agents and permitting them to uphold the EXISTING law.

That's thae part that troubles me. Obama and bush both passed some not so constitutional laws. Why would he need new laws? i would like some "executive oredered" away first before giving these agencies any more power

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think 1 guy standing around 2 miles away from the next guy will secure anything. More just providing targets for the criminals.

Estimates I have seen from the people who KNOW what it takes to secure a line (the military) state a figure in the neighborhood of 15 to 20,000 guards just for the border itself. I feel a realistic estimate on the completion of the wall is 15 years, minimum. And my personal belief is it will never be completed.

I suppose 5000 is a start, but I won't be volunteering to be one of those 5000.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ummm...robots...

Lots of little and large Wall-E style robots...cute little veggie picking R2-D2's...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't think 1 guy standing around 2 miles away from the next guy will secure anything. More just providing targets for the criminals.

Drones. CCTV. Dispatch.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I can't wait to see Trump raise the debt by another several trillion dollars in his first 6 months in office.

Oh it's gonna be funny.

~Tenth

At least if he does there will be something to show for it !

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Oh it's gonna be funny.

~Tenth

At least if he does there will be something to show for it !

He can add a trillion a year and come in lower than Obama's run rate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

Drones. CCTV. Dispatch.

Reaction time, difficult terrain, communication difficulties, mechanical failure, oppositional technology.

Not to mention Human apathy, hangovers, mistakes, misdirection, and the preferred methods- bribery and extortion, threats.

Not nearly enough people.
edit on 1/25/2017 by Montana because: added reasoning

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join