It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces 5,000 new border agents and tripling of Ice agents to go with wall at DHS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Trump is certainly different. I've never seen anything like it, and so far it's all good.
The debt question will be interesting - can he achieve his plans and reduce the deficit?
We'll see.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Good thing he's planning on cutting taxes to pay for all this. Wait...

why does he need to cut taxes to pay for it? the united state`s credit is still good we can borrow a lot more money,
nobody had a problem with Obama borrowing money and increasing the debt so why would they have a problem now with borrowing money to secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws?
edit on 25-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
I'd rather see money put into fixing our infrastructure.
The Wall seems foolish to me, and the cost will be even more so. 5000 can't cover a border and a 10 foot fence can't beat an 11 foot ladder. If he thinks borders are so important why not one with Canada?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Every citizen who commences work or rent a property must prove their right to work or rent a property and it is the employers/landlords responsibility to ensure documentation is genuine.

So, everyone must now document that they are a citizen or legal resident to rent, besides being able to be legally employed. Landlords must now ask for proof of citizenship.

What if someone has a relative/friend who has overstayed a visa and has provided some form of assistance, "facilitate their presence", will the family/friend be assessed a fine/penalty?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Anybody have any info on if they will be fining/locking up anyone/employer who hires a worker illegally? The exec order says "to assess and collect from aliens unlawfully present in the United States and from those who facilitate their presence in the United States" Will that include landlords who rent to non-citizens here illegally?

lets hope that includes mayors and city councils who operate sanctuary cities.
impound their city halls and auction them off to the highest bidder,impound all their city vehicles including police vehicles and buses and auction them off.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Maybe because Canadians aren't illegally coming to america and stealing your jobs and illegally voting?
edit on 25-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I'd rather see money put into fixing our infrastructure.
The Wall seems foolish to me, and the cost will be even more so. 5000 can't cover a border and a 10 foot fence can't beat an 11 foot ladder. If he thinks borders are so important why not one with Canada?

Not sure there is the same problem at the Canadian border.

5,000 agents means about 5 agents every 3200 meters of the border. Good luck trying to get through if his intent is to send them all to the border wall.

I heard the infrastructure plan begins with 50 projects around the country at a cost of around $150bn

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Every citizen who commences work or rent a property must prove their right to work or rent a property and it is the employers/landlords responsibility to ensure documentation is genuine.

So, everyone must now document that they are a citizen or legal resident to rent, besides being able to be legally employed. Landlords must now ask for proof of citizenship.

What if someone has a relative/friend who has overstayed a visa and has provided some form of assistance, "facilitate their presence", will the family/friend be assessed a fine/penalty?

Do you not already have this law in the U.S? We have had this baby in the U.K since the early 2000's. (E.U law I have been told)

I don't know the answer to the second part of your post.

I'm not a U.S citizen.
edit on 25/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Which jobs might I ask?

Picking fruit in southern California for 6 bucks an hour? Cleaning staff? Maids? Gardeners?

Illegals do all the jobs that regular Americans don't want to do or that employers aren't willing to pay them a decent wage to do.

There are no jobs, because all your corporations exported them. That's no an illegal immigration problem. That's a economic issue caused by tax system that rewards them for doing so.

The jobs issue is not an immigration issue, is a corporate greed issue. Also education, cause Americans are laughably ill educated for the jobs of the 21st century.

~Tenth

edit on 1/25/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

He's adding it to Mexico's tab I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

OK I'll agree most jobs have been shipped but that still doesn't mean they are only mowing lawns and picking fruit. I was only trying to clarify the difference between Mexico and Canada. So what about the crime boost from the aliens?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Maybe because Canadians aren't illegally coming to america and stealing your jobs and illegally voting?

How do you know, tRump hasn't done his investigation yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That's a non issue, illegals attempt to NOT get into trouble for fear of deportation. Why would you come here illegality and paint a giant target on your back by committing felonies?

It's in their best interests to be law abiding citizens. Sure you can find examples of illegals doing illegal things, but at no greater rate than the general population.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes, I suppose that would include them, along with anyone else who facilitates people here illegally, including visa overstays, and not just people who look hispanic. With the increase in ICE hiring, there should be more enforcers to visit businesses, landlords, and families/friends who provide assistance.

What of church groups who provide assistance? Should they now ask for legal status of who they help?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Increase in border agents is nothing new.

The report confirmed that personnel and other resources to stop illegal crossings of the U.S.-Mexico border have increased dramatically in recent years. In 2004, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security was created, reorganizing several federal agencies under a single roof. That year, the agency had 10,500 agents to patrol land borders. That number now stands at nearly 21,000.

www.politifact.com...

The article above in from 2011.

The wall, the border agents, it's all politics. It does little to change the issues that matter.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Anybody have any info on if they will be fining/locking up anyone/employer who hires a worker illegally? The exec order says "to assess and collect from aliens unlawfully present in the United States and from those who facilitate their presence in the United States" Will that include landlords who rent to non-citizens here illegally?

This is the slippery slope I have been thinking about recently. I'm not against everyone having to get finger printed in order to obtain an I.D. Give everyone one year to get it done, even subsidize the cost of the I.D.'s.
This will make it much harder for illegals to steal identities. Also make the fines HUGE for companies that hire illegals knowingly and even considerable sized fines for when they do it unknowingly. This will incentivize companies to vet their employees thoroughly.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Which jobs might I ask?

Picking fruit in southern California for 6 bucks an hour? Cleaning staff? Maids? Gardeners?

Illegals do all the jobs that regular Americans don't want to do or that employers aren't willing to pay them a decent wage to do.

There are no jobs, because all your corporations exported them. That's no an illegal immigration problem. That's a economic issue caused by tax system that rewards them for doing so.

The jobs issue is not an immigration issue, is a corporate greed issue. Also education, cause Americans are laughably ill educated for the jobs of the 21st century.

~Tenth

Are you seriously advocating the exploitation of illegal immigrants, searching for a better life, to provide mundane services for the most affluent in society?

Oh dear................oh dear, oh dear.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: EightAhoy

So he'll rescind the Federal employee hiring freeze?

Freeze does not include:

Military, national security or public safety personnel.

So you mean the military and national security budget will get larger and larger...

Good grief, how can no-one see where this is all going.

MORE JOBS!
AMERICA FIRST!
JOBS JOBS!
WALL
CHINA!
DRAIN THE SWAMP!

oh, and uhh we'll fight terror and increase military spending in doing so...

MORE JOBS!!

Thought Americans were fed up with fighting ghosts over seas and drugs down south?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't know Canadian citizens, but there are tens of thousands of Irish citizens here illegally. (Have been for years... decades ago, THEY were the biggest undocumented group on the East Coast) And I wonder about those from other European countries. I've heard that more than a few Russian/eastern Europeans are here illegally.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Sounds good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join