It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing civilities not to offend Transgenders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The SAAQ ( société d assurance automobile du Québec ), Government agency in charge of insurance and driving license of the province of Québec just put a new politic in place preventing all the employees to call customers Monsieur and Madame after a Man in the process of becoming a 'woman' was wrongfully called monsieur.

Political correctness madness at its best.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

It's getting crazy pretty much everywhere. I live in the states and my accountant friend who just began working for a college told me everyone in his department has to put down "their preferred gender, he or she or whatever in between" in the signature line of their emails.

Now every single email has this at the bottom.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

they are said to be 0.5% of the Population in Canada yet have such a huge weight on decision making it is mind blowing. The SAAQ said it was the only complaint of the like out of 22 million transactions per year.
edit on 112017Wednesdayam131Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:17:32 -0600America/Chicagov17 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Those were my thoughts exactly when I was typing my response to your thread. Colleges and Universities in the US seem to be the biggest supporters of this, along with government.

I don't think it's going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
The SAAQ ( société d assurance automobile du Québec ), Government agency in charge of insurance and driving license of the province of Québec just put a new politic in place preventing all the employees to call customers Monsieur and Madame after a Man in the process of becoming a 'woman' was wrongfully called monsieur.

So just what are they supposed to call them?

If one is living to all intense and purposes as the gender they wish to be

it would be impolite to do anything else but call them as they present??

OR worst?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I care for all my transgender friends. Well, up until recently when I found out a few of them were full-of-hate fascists. I still care for them, too, I just won't be hanging out with them anytime soon. True story.

I believe in compromise: Can we maybe all just accept the gender-preferences-titles thing and keep the bathroom issue the way it is?

edit on 25-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
WHO CARES ABOUT TRANSGENDERS???,

Whatever the hell that even means.

Male/female. You don't get to choose. You're born one or the other.period.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

OR worst?

Some groups are pushing to have everyone called.... Ze, instead of 'he' or 'she'.

Ze: dictionary.com

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: eletheia

OR worst?

Some groups are pushing to have everyone called.... Ze, instead of 'he' or 'she'.

Ze: dictionary.com
it's all the drugs, I'm telling you. We are now seeing the repercussions from decades of abuse.
People are just shot.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What's the issue with it? We came up with ms when women got sick of being identified by their marriage status, society moves on.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Having worked in customer service for decades I have a problem with calling customers I do not know by their name or 'hey you'. Simple civil way of addressing someone.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It sounds like something from an Adam Sandley comedy flick. What a joke

link   
She I mean he is legally a man in Canada.
Did a whole video on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
so, how is the agency in charge of insurance and driving license suppose to address people now?
"HEY YOU"

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I work in customer service on the phones and we ask customers for their name and use that, very easy.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Because I work on the phones we have to be very careful about using titles because you cant tell from a voice someone's gender.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well, sometimes it's hard to know. Some people has really ambiguous look. Only way to know is asking for the driving license or an ID. Not easy, no offense.

But what if the person's name is Leslie.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank god they solved this horrible problem way to go so progressive you go girl uhhh I mean gender not specified you go.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Look up Jordan Peterson and his fight against the forced use of gender pronouns. He is brilliant and perfectly articulates how this thought control can lead in much worse directions.

Canada is jumping the shark. I predict they will see their version of Trump at some point in the future as people are pushed beyond the brink.

One of the laws being proposed about this in Canada that Peterson is fighting says that even if you mistakenly refer to someone as an incorrect pronoun, you can be substantially fined. Not only that, but if your emplyee uses the wrong pronoun, as an owner you are liable for their mistake.

As these laws become more and more draconian, people will push back.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
WHO CARES ABOUT TRANSGENDERS???,

Whatever the hell that even means.

Male/female. You don't get to choose. You're born one or the other.period.

The day I go out on a date and find out they were once a male...

...is the day that #NormalGenderLivesMatter

Even if the nuts were changed...they are still a male in my view. PERIOD.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: Did not want to be caught for teabagging on ATS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join