It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: trb71
Or he's planning on declaring Martial Law in a major US city.

Do you really think so?
Or are you just saying it because Trump?

If not then how is he supposed to do it? Those gangs aren't going to lie down just because he tweets at them.

The Chicago Police should be allowed to profile based on known gang behavior.
If it inconviences or makes some non gang members feel uncomfortable so be it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: reldra
Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

Detroit has the highest violent crime rate. Chicago comes up on the list at 24. The city I (live right outside of) is at 11, and we don't actually have a lot of crime. A murder of any kind makes big news.

He would have to 'send the feds' into 23 other cities first???

I can only take this as you don't put much value on the minority lives being lost in Chicago.

Sad, but your prerogative.

I started with Detroit and the lives, all lives lost there. Why the fixation on Chicago when it comes in at 24 in the violent crime rate?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Do you really think so?

If not then how is he supposed to do it? Those gangs aren't going to lie down just because he tweets at them.

What is known gang behavior? IN NYC at one time it was 'walking or standing or driving' while Black. More black men than EVEN LIVE IN THE CITY were stop and frisked in one year.
edit on 24-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

I hate krusty but this made me think of the clowns running the planet.

link   
For the people that don't know....

Chicago stats

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: reldra

no you didnt
you EDITED your post when called out on it

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

ya, then we can have a sequel..
Escape from Chicago...
and it could be a documentary!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

he does have a passing resemblance to Trump.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya, then we can have a sequel..
Escape from Chicago...
and it could be a documentary!!!

LOL. Vice will take on production. You and I can be the reporters escaping while they film.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Of course he will, especially if his (formerish) company has stock in private prisons.

Why is it that everything Trump does has to be nefarious to you? We're supposed to be unified now, maybe you didn't the memo.

If Trump wanted to profit off of private prisons then becoming POTUS wouldn't help him any, now that he is under the biggest microscope in the world. In order to reap the benefits of investing in privatized prisons you have to be out of the public eye.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
While folks safe from the carnage, snipe over the internet, folks in the crime ridden section of Chicago see hope....

You don't play politics with American LIVES..... IF the CITY FAILS to protect the CITIZENS due to politics...

And the State fails to step in... we finally have a leader who will...

The suffering must stop, the killing must stop... These are fellow citizens.. fellow Americans... not a subjugated voting block......

What about Detroit? The MOST crime. It comes in at #1 for violent crime. Should he not start there and then Memphis, Oakland, St Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland, Stockton, Indianapolis....there are many more before getting to Chicago's violent crime rate.

DAY2 in the current Administration..... there had to be a starting point, to play off others in similar situations as a straw man argument is as WEAK as can be.....

A change is needed, and the folks in ALL of those cities you mention need help as well... but we need a starting point....

Chicago is as good a starting point as any considering their record of the past year....

IT's going to take time, but, like a snowball rolling downhill... efforts like this will set a precedent across the nation....

Help the folks.... stop ignoring them, stop trapping them into failure, due to political goals.....

Help them rise up ..... help them be self sufficient, give them pride in themselves... Give them the opportunity to SUCCEED......

American Dream shouldn't die within voting districts.. it should be OPEN TO ALL.....

Let's Get There...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Of course he will, especially if his (formerish) company has stock in private prisons.

Why is it that everything Trump does has to be nefarious to you? We're supposed to be unified now, maybe you didn't the memo.

If Trump wanted to profit off of private prisons then becoming POTUS wouldn't help him any, now that he is under the biggest microscope in the world. In order to reap the benefits of investing in privatized prisons you have to be out of the public eye.

Well, most of the things he does are. That is, nefarious.

However, that was blatant speculation on my part about the private prisons. You are quite right.

I received the memo, but somehow it was written in a way that didn't cause me to feel unification. It caused me to feel 100x more division than before.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Do you really think so?

What is known gang behavior? IN NYC at one time it was 'walking or standing or driving' while Black.

You know damn well what it is.
This is not a racial issue.
This is a violence issue and gang members are more likely to commit violence than non gang members.
You have no idea about real life.
You have ideals.
People die because of your ideals.

What race am I reldra?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If he sends in the Feds it will be like the old days of the Feds against the mob. That or the wars against the drug cartels in S. America. It'sgonna get messy

edit on 24-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh you really do have a sense of humor! lol

I was thinking more of an actual criminal, like Soros.

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Because the people who are doing this don't give a damn about jobs, education or family values. That's the problem. Trying to instill some kind of "values" in some gang member who'd just as soon shoot you for fun, just isn't going to work.
I say again, solutions like that are the problem. Going all soft and Kumbaya hasn't worked, will not work and it's damn time we stop trying.
Cracking skulls and violence is what they like to be known for. Let's see how they like it when it's their skulls.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

While folks safe from the carnage, snipe over the internet, folks in the crime ridden section of Chicago see hope....

You don't play politics with American LIVES..... IF the CITY FAILS to protect the CITIZENS due to politics...

And the State fails to step in... we finally have a leader who will...

The suffering must stop, the killing must stop... These are fellow citizens.. fellow Americans... not a subjugated voting block......

What about Detroit? The MOST crime. It comes in at #1 for violent crime. Should he not start there and then Memphis, Oakland, St Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland, Stockton, Indianapolis....there are many more before getting to Chicago's violent crime rate.

DAY2 in the current Administration..... there had to be a starting point, to play off others in similar situations as a straw man argument is as WEAK as can be.....

A change is needed, and the folks in ALL of those cities you mention need help as well... but we need a starting point....

Chicago is as good a starting point as any considering their record of the past year....

IT's going to take time, but, like a snowball rolling downhill... efforts like this will set a precedent across the nation....

Help the folks.... stop ignoring them, stop trapping them into failure, due to political goals.....

Help them rise up ..... help them be self sufficient, give them pride in themselves... Give them the opportunity to SUCCEED......

American Dream shouldn't die within voting districts.. it should be OPEN TO ALL.....

Let's Get There...

Why would Chicago be a good starting point? It actually doesn't make any sense, at all.

Strawman argument? I went from statistics of the most violent crimes.

Great, let's start a snowball rolling sending 'feds' into places, whatever he means by that. It has already been stated that federal authorities are already in Chicago. So, it is either Trump doesn't realize this or his plans are farther reaching.

I would never trap anyone anywhere due to political goals.

Trump is about to pull the rug out from under Medicaid and turn it into a block grant. At least the poorest had healthcare. Say goodbye to that. Now, when they get shot, they will have a $150,000 bill.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

no you didnt
you EDITED your post when called out on it

Yes she did.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I imagine that there's been plenty of FBI agents and such there all along trying to help out...
so what's he planning on doing declaring a state if emergency and sending in the national guard??
the national guard isn't actually federal though it is?

Yeah "trying" to help out with their hands tied because the government did not have their back like now, the key difference.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

For the people that don't know....

Chicago stats

Final 2016 Totals
Shot & Killed: 716
Shot & Wounded: 3663
Total Shot: 4379
Total Homicides: 798

Since 2001, Chicago has experienced 7,916 murders (as of September 06, 2016). The number of Americans killed in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq was 2,384 and 4,504 respectively since 2001.

Forbes article

Fix this President Trump. It's a disgrace the state that America has been left in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join