It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: reldra

no you didnt
you EDITED your post when called out on it

Yes she did.

What is that about?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

............still waiting on your plan to fix it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Jesus Christ. Those numbers are absolutely horrifying.

Sounds like extreme action is necessary.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Cutepants

originally posted by: trb71
Or he's planning on declaring Martial Law in a major US city.

Do you really think so?
Or are you just saying it because Trump?

If not then how is he supposed to do it? Those gangs aren't going to lie down just because he tweets at them.

The Chicago Police should be allowed to profile based on known gang behavior.
If it inconviences or makes some non gang members feel uncomfortable so be it.

What is known gang behavior? IN NYC at one time it was 'walking or standing or driving' while Black.

You know damn well what it is.
This is not a racial issue.
This is a violence issue and gang members are more likely to commit violence than non gang members.
You have no idea about real life.
You have ideals.
People die because of your ideals.

What race am I reldra?

1) No I don't.
2) In some cases it is.
3) Yes, I certainly do.
4) I have some, like any other person.
5) No, I don't think so.
6) I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Oh you really do have a sense of humor! lol

I was thinking more of an actual criminal, like Soros.

I do! I am not sure Soros is a criminal, but he might be. I haven't proof either way. I am partial to The Simpsons, though.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Send in the army, it's already a warzone. I've watched videos on youtube taken from the inner city areas of Detroit, that place could use some help as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

no you didnt
you EDITED your post when called out on it

There was a post I added to. About 'stop and frisk'. Only added, did not change original text. I don't recall being 'called out' on anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Ohanka

Send in the army, it's already a warzone. I've watched videos on youtube taken from the inner city areas of Detroit, that place could use some help as well.

Detroit is #1 for violent crimes in the US. That is why I wonder why Chicago at #24.

+2 more 
link   

you are defending murderers

link   

you are defending murderers

Pardon? I would imagine you have something to back that up?
edit on 24-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If you don't care about the folks across this nation who aren't able to pursue their dreams, I could understand your deflection..

But I don't believe that is you, I have seen you champion those who have been suffering ...

IT shouldn't matter who starts to help our fellow citizens... what matters is that their voice is heard...

We have that now... embrace it.. and champion any effort to free our fellow citizens from the chains of political oppression..

A swamp needs to be drained... and it includes PLENTY OF FOLK on BOTH SIDES of the AISLE....

IT's up to US to recognize that swamp and send them home.... America has a 2nd chance... let's not waste it parroting the failed talking points of the duopoly that BOTH SIDES want GONE!

MAGA is for the people.... not the parties... it's for us

edit on Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:10:15 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: context.. don't was missing in my first sentence... fingers can't keep up with my mind apologies

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

your post before you edited it

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: everyone

You don't think the Fed's are already combating gangs? And btw, gangs aren't just black and brown.

You will need to clarify why you said that in response to me. How about using a quote from my post that you responded to with that and explain to me why you injected that.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

If you care about the folks across this nation who aren't able to pursue their dreams, I could understand your deflection..

But I don't believe that is you, I have seen you champion those who have been suffering ...

IT shouldn't matter who starts to help our fellow citizens... what matters is that their voice is heard...

We have that now... embrace it.. and champion any effort to free our fellow citizens from the chains of political oppression..

A swamp needs to be drained... and it includes PLENTY OF FOLK on BOTH SIDES of the AISLE....

IT's up to US to recognize that swamp and send them home.... America has a 2nd chance... let's not waste it parroting the failed talking points of the duopoly that BOTH SIDES want GONE!

MAGA is for the people.... not the parties... it's for us

You are right, I do care for people. It matters not who helps them. The swamp is not being drained, though, it now is full to capacity and overflowing.

Political oppression seems to be just beginning.

I can see you care and I am sorry we have a different view on what is happening right now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

tell that to those burying their dead family members
i cant believe you are now defending murderers

You fail to see the bigger, and more serious, picture:

Sending the National Guard to essentially police urban crime is NOT a precedent we need to set in this country.

Period.

That some of you are seriously advocating for this is concerning, and quite scary. It is attitudes like these that pave the way for authoritarianism, and yet people are rallying in support.

link   

I only added to one post and I described it. You will have to be more clear when saying I am defending murderers. Possibly use the QUOTE button?
edit on 24-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
While there are other cities which are more violent on a per capita basis, Chicago has a higher number of deaths. So yes, Baltimore, Detroit, and some other smaller cities are more violent per capita. However, the sheer number of murders in Chicago is what catches headlines.

With that said, I don't think per capita is all that accurate when comparing to Chicago. The violence in Chicago is concentrated in a few neighborhoods while Chicago is a HUGE city with 2.75 million people. The areas where the violence occurs probably have a similar population to Detroit. It would probably be more accurate to look at the per capita rates factoring in the limited areas in which the violence occurs in Chicago. I'd guess Chicago would be considerably more violent.

for example,the Austin neighborhood in Chicago is the most violent with 92 homicides last year. The population of Austin is just 98,000 people. The Englewood area has just 30,000 residents but 85 homicides! These two neighborhoods account for 22% of all murders in Chicago. So nearly 25% of all the murders took place within less than 5% of the Chicago population.

link   
a reply to: everyone

Yeah "trying" to help out with their hands tied because the government did not have their back like now, the key difference.

no, I am pretty sure that their hands were free....
and just what do you see was tying their hands? or what makes you think that the gov't didn't have their back? pretty sure we had the feds in our city recently, and them along with the police dept were quite effective at finding the murderer and bringing him to justice.

try as you might, you can't blame everything on obama. what is happening in places like chicago and detriot is what you get when you have a large population crammed into a small area with far too much time on their hands because the jobs were packed up and shipped overseas, something which has been going on since the 70's.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I only added to one post and I described it. You will have to be more clear when saying I am defending murderers. Possibly use the QUOTE button?

Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

that is defending the murderers in chiraq

using detroit to deflect is sad

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well I guess they could contract it out to private military forces like Blackwater or get Congress to get rid of the Posse Comitatus Act and the Marines can sweep the city.

What ROE. Gang bangers as enemy combatants? Terrorist? Capture and detain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join