It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You don't think the Fed's are already combating gangs? And btw, gangs aren't just black and brown.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

We should just make more gun laws, right. They'll obey that one, huh? Tell us your plan to fix a problem that is completely out of control and the Democrats who run that hellhole have made no progress with. It's actually gotten worse under their policies and people are dropping like flies.
Come on.....give us a plan.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
One reason I do believe in a federal government, if the locals one has screwed it up soooo bad, someone needs to step in and do the deed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
pull out all the innocents in the city and relocate them, and let trump build his wall!!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: trb71
Or he's planning on declaring Martial Law in a major US city.

Do you really think so?
Or are you just saying it because Trump?

If not then how is he supposed to do it? Those gangs aren't going to lie down just because he tweets at them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Snarl

Where would they put 70K criminals if they caught them?

Underground I would hope, at least the bad ones who's 352632 prior convictions prove there is no chance at rehabilitation.
I do hope Trump does something about it though. I am sure he will.

Of course he will, especially if his (formerish) company has stock in private prisons.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seeing how the CIA can work around and with Moderate Rebels in the ME maybe Trump should get them involved rather then creating fake IC reports .

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: reldra

We should just make more gun laws, right. They'll obey that one, huh? Tell us your plan to fix a problem that is completely out of control and the Democrats who run that hellhole have made no progress with. It's actually gotten worse under their policies and people are dropping like flies.
Come on.....give us a plan.

When do I EVER say we need heavy handed gun laws? You better look at my post history.

Chicago, again, is #24 on the list for violent crimes in the US. If Trump were to 'send the feds' anywhere, he would naturally start with Detroit. However, he doesn't like Rahm Emmanuel..that may be part of it.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
While folks safe from the carnage, snipe over the internet, folks in the crime ridden section of Chicago see hope....

You don't play politics with American LIVES..... IF the CITY FAILS to protect the CITIZENS due to politics...

And the State fails to step in... we finally have a leader who will...

The suffering must stop, the killing must stop... These are fellow citizens.. fellow Americans... not a subjugated voting block......

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What does "send in the Feds" even mean? The Feds been in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
pull out all the innocents in the city and relocate them, and let trump build his wall!!

That would be a second wall. Why not?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ever heard of FEMA camps?
I'm not American and I'm also not 100% but my gut tells me there is a large percentage of Muslim refugees and a great many of them illegal gathered in Chicago...
edit on 24-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
While folks safe from the carnage, snipe over the internet, folks in the crime ridden section of Chicago see hope....

You don't play politics with American LIVES..... IF the CITY FAILS to protect the CITIZENS due to politics...

The suffering must stop, the killing must stop... These are fellow citizens.. fellow Americans... not a subjugated voting block......

What about Detroit? The MOST crime. It comes in at #1 for violent crime. Should he not start there and then Memphis, Oakland, St Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland, Stockton, Indianapolis....there are many more before getting to Chicago's violent crime rate.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: xuenchen

Me too. The Mayor's office.

But that's all "white collar" crime.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

Detroit has the highest violent crime rate. Chicago comes up on the list at 24. The city I (live right outside of) is at 11, and we don't actually have a lot of crime. A murder of any kind makes big news.

He would have to 'send the feds' into 23 other cities first???

I can only take this as you don't put much value on the minority lives being lost in Chicago.

Sad, but your prerogative.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
sounds great when you first think about it but couldn't trump use his role as president to help rebuild family values, education and jobs instead of threatening violence? thats all we need is a military force coming in cracking skulls putting more people in jail and creating more hatred from the inner city communities? why doesn't trump come down to the hood and stand with the people, because its much easier to send threats from twitter that's why!!

link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I agree with this. Well stated

link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
don't believe the CIA can work within the US... that's the FBI's domain...
could be wrong, but don't think so..

link   
As much as I am happy about Trump bringing attention to the issue of Chicago and black on black crime in general, I don't think it is something that the Feds can solve directly even though I feel liberal social policy is the root cause.

This issue can only be solved by the black community internally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join