It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

so you dont care about the 42 murdered ALREADY this year because statistics....

i knew you were partisan
but jesus this is disgusting

link   

Once you lose the STATS, you may just find common ground with the folks that just want ALL AMERICANS to have a fair chance at achieving their dreams...

Stats are for comfortable pundit types.... it's old school.... it doesn't work anymore...

Any folks suffering.. should be a concern of fellow Americans... especially now..

If I had my way... the folks in DC would earn the wages of the lowest constituents in their district.... it might spur them to make conditions better for the folks they represent..

+1 more 
link   

And I apologize in advance but I'm going to assume you are a middle aged white woman not from Chicago or any of those top 25 cities you listed? Like I said typing highest crime rate into google will only give you a skewed view of what's really going on..

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

And you just proved my point because that link and photo is what comes up when you type "highest crime rate" into google.. Why don't you spend some more time doing some deeper research then come back

OK, I will go to the state crime statistics lab in Albany and be back tomorrow....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

that is what relda posted.......

i asked her why she chose to defend murderers
and using detroit to deflect is sad

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Once you lose the STATS, you may just find common ground with the folks that just want ALL AMERICANS to have a fair chance at achieving their dreams...

Stats are for comfortable pundit types.... it's old school.... it doesn't work anymore...

Any folks suffering.. should be a concern of fellow Americans... especially now..

If I had my way... the folks in DC would earn the wages of the lowest constituents in their district.... it might spur them to make conditions better for the folks they represent..

Stats are numbers that present facts...unless you want to pick who gets help first going on your feelings...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And you just proved my point because that link and photo is what comes up when you type "highest crime rate" into google.. Why don't you spend some more time doing some deeper research then come back

This is what I was explaining earlier. Per capita alone is lazy analysis. For example, Englewood has 30,000 residents. 85 homicides. 356 wounded. Englewood is a 3 square mile area area in Chicago!

You had 441 people shot in an area with a population of 30,000! WTF? Neighborhood is literally only like 10 city blocks in any direction. If that is not a war zone, I don't know what is...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: D8Tee

that is what relda posted.......

i asked her why she chose to defend murderers
and using detroit to deflect is sad

OMG. You said it again. I don;t defend murderers and using Detroit's crime rates to say they might be helped first is not a deflection.

(Don't forget the exclamation point after Sad!)
edit on 24-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What you are failing to recognize or completely just ignore that's been repeated here is that looking at just a simple statistic like murder per capital is skewed and doesn't tell the whole story

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Don't respond. It's simple. She's being intentionally dishonest to score political points for her agenda and doesn't actually care even remotely about this issue on the ground.

link   

Just because your logic is flawed that doesn't give you an open license to be a smartass.

He is absolutely right, you know. You really should put forth more due diligence before you come in trying to assert your political ideology. Quoting the first thing that comes up in a Google search is not a thorough investigation.

link   

so does something need to be done about the murders in chiraq?

link   

What you are failing to recognize or completely just ignore that's been repeated here is that looking at just a simple statistic like murder per capital is skewed and doesn't tell the whole story

So I posted a link that digs deeply into population and neighborhoods. You should scroll back.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

OK, I will go to the state crime statistics lab in Albany and be back tomorrow....

You go do that while some of us live in areas where gangs operate and affect our day to day lives.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

that's military, in another country, don't believe we can use the military as a police force in the US..

and... by what little I read, it seems that it was an agreement we made with the afghanistan gov't.. more than likely it was the afghanistan gov't that tied our militrary's hands.. and the only other option we had was to pull out..

we had to come to an agreement to stay in iraq also, and what they demanded was that our men and women would be tried in their court system, which we couldn't agree with, so we pulled out instead...
but, of course, according to our new commander in chief, we have ISIS now because we pulled out of Iraq too early...

oh, and any source that has the top headline on their main page titled:

"Ted Cruz slaps down scumbag libs at Deadspin with class"
just doesn't deserve my time.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If reldra was a middle aged white chick from the bronx she wouldn't be here lol

whoops .. or from Chicago.

edit on 24-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Stats are numbers that present facts...unless you want to pick who gets help first going on your feelings...

Stats are also an easy excuse to dehumanize the suffering.... Folks are suffering, across the nation... our inner cities need help.... to fight against it based on data is to be honest... pitiful... enjoy your numbers show...

I will always be on the side of helping those folks who have waited too long to join us here in AMERICA....

All for one... One for ALL.... Join us

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so does something need to be done about the murders in chiraq?

Why are you using the name of a movie? Of course there does. But government usually goes by need first. Or they should.

I find the choice of Chicago to be a purposeful hit on Rahm Emmanuel, which would be SAD!

The city I live 7 blocks from is #11 on the list, so I am further confused by Trump's choice of target.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Stats are also an easy excuse to dehumanize the suffering.... Folks are suffering, across the nation... our inner cities need help.... to fight against it based on data is to be honest... pitiful... enjoy your numbers show...

I will always be on the side of helping those folks who have waited too long to join us here in AMERICA....

All for one... One for ALL.... Join us

Join you in what? Deciding that we should help whoever Trump says to help first?

This is getting a little creepy....I shall find the door before the 'special' kool aid is served.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Here's a quick example of why.

Detroit population roughly 600k

Chicago population roughly 3 million.

Murder per cap = x/100000 persons

Now what makes this even more crazy is that about 80 percent of Chicago's murders happen in about only 10 percent of the city

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join