It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Will 'Send in the Feds' if Chicago Doesn't End 'Carnage'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: reldra

your post before you edited it

I only added to one post and I described it. You will have to be more clear when saying I am defending murderers. Possibly use the QUOTE button?

Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

that is defending the murderers in chiraq

using detroit to deflect is sad

I am not defending murderers or using Detroit to deflect. I was using statistics. I am sorry if it found fault with your DL's choice as to where to 'send feds' into first.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Maybe they should just tell the authorities to shoot all known gang members on sight.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

............still waiting on your plan to fix it.

I never said I had a plan.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

42 murders THIS YEAR SO FAR

how many need to die before something is done?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Maybe they should just tell the authorities to shoot all known gang members on sight.

Who said that?

So far only you.
edit on 2017-01-24T22:20:37-06:002201724America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: Snarl

WOW! I just saw this on ABC-7 Chicago news, and it MADE MY HEART SING! President LEADER Donald J. Trump "Tweeted" this PROMISE to the world today.

Get the 7 or 8 Gang Leaders in a room. Tell them to stop the insane killings, or they will be shipped to CUBA, or killed. Whoever takes their place will be joining them.

The City of Chicago knows who they are. If the City doesn't shut them down, the U.S. Government will. Period!

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: everyone

Yeah "trying" to help out with their hands tied because the government did not have their back like now, the key difference.

no, I am pretty sure that their hands were free....
and just what do you see was tying their hands? or what makes you think that the gov't didn't have their back? pretty sure we had the feds in our city recently, and them along with the police dept were quite effective at finding the murderer and bringing him to justice.

try as you might, you can't blame everything on obama. what is happening in places like chicago and detriot is what you get when you have a large population crammed into a small area with far too much time on their hands because the jobs were packed up and shipped overseas, something which has been going on since the 70's.

therightscoop.com...

NEW Rules of Engagement tie our troops hands in Afghanistan even MORE than they already were

WASHINGTON TIMES – The new U.S.-Afghanistan security agreement adds restrictions on already bureaucratic rules of engagement for American troops by making Afghan dwellings virtual safe havens for the enemy, combat veterans say. The rules of engagement place the burden on U.S. air and ground troops to confirm with certainty that a Taliban fighter is armed before they can fire — even if they are 100 percent sure the target is the enemy. In some cases, aerial gunships have been denied permission to fire even though they reported that targets on the move were armed.

The proposed Bilateral Security Agreement announced Wednesday by Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Secretary of State John F. Kerry all but prohibits U.S. troops from entering dwellings during combat. President Obama made the vow directly to Mr. Karzai. “U.S. forces shall not enter Afghan homes for the purposes of military operations, except under extraordinary circumstances involving urgent risk to life and limb of U.S. nationals,” Mr. Obama pledged in a letter to the Afghan leader. … Even before the security agreement’s rules of engagement were drafted, troops complained about meeting the requirements of an increasingly burdensome checklist before they can fire.

The rules grew stricter in 2010 after a series of mistaken U.S. bombings killed civilians and special operations troops raided villages and homes at night. The rules of engagement today also place restrictions on dwelling assaults, but Mr. Obama’s language of “extraordinary circumstances involving urgent risk of life and limb” sets the bar much higher. Said retired Army Col. Ken Allard, now a military analyst: “Call me crazy, but what on earth is the point of remaining there under these [rules of engagement], much less subjecting American soldiers to another set of restrictions that make sense only in proportion to your distance from the combat zone?”

But im sure obama would never tie anyones hands, as you say. Except when he does.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 24 Jan 2017 22:19:50 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: fixed quote

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You keep bringing up that Chicago is 24 but that doesn't tell the whole story.. How they count rates is based on a per/100000 persons. Do you know the population of Chicago? Do u know the population of St.louis? And majority of the murders in Chicago happen in the same small neighborhoods.. atleast a murder a day. Typing in top crime rates into google will give u a skewed view

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Yes, me, just now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
More for those who don't understand Chicago ....

You have to Google:

" chicago gang unit corruption "

Some (but not most) of the problem is explained in plain English.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Why not establish a presence.. arrest the violent gang members, put the convicted in prison... and open up different path opportunities to those in the city who may be treading down the wrong path only because that seems to be their future?

Opportunity, NEW FUTURE... it may take a few years, but that is all it will take to flip the script on ways to success..

A 9 and a corner in the hood will look foolish when the folks have the chance to succeed...

baby steps, but a hammer may be needed to take out the control the gangs have in Chitown...

Turn Chitown and the rest will follow.... Detroit is on the cusp of revival... they need to clean house as well....

It would be nice to see Detroit rise from the ashes....

link   

42 murders THIS YEAR SO FAR

how many need to die before something is done?

Chicago Not US Murder Capitol

Last year was the city's bloodiest in decades. But others continue to record higher homicide rates — and the hardest hit neighborhoods are what really merit attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You keep bringing up that Chicago is 24 but that doesn't tell the whole story.. How they count rates is based on a per/100000 persons. Do you know the population of Chicago? Do u know the population of St.louis? And majority of the murders in Chicago happen in the same small neighborhoods.. atleast a murder a day. Typing in top crime rates into google will give u a skewed view

I just posted a link.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

And you just proved my point because that link and photo is what comes up when you type "highest crime rate" into google.. Why don't you spend some more time doing some deeper research then come back
edit on 24-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Snarl

WOW! I just saw this on ABC-7 Chicago news, and it MADE MY HEART SING! President LEADER Donald J. Trump "Tweeted" this PROMISE to the world today.

Get the 7 or 8 Gang Leaders in a room. Tell them to stop the insane killings, or they will be shipped to CUBA, or killed. Whoever takes their place will be joining them.

The City of Chicago knows who they are. If the City doesn't shut them down, the U.S. Government will. Period!

That would make a good movie. Denzel Washington, Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba, John Leguizamo, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Lawrence....It would be fantastic!
edit on 24-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

Those "per capita" numbers mean nothing.

For example:

Chicago shootings happen in confined areas of the City, not the whole City.

Many areas have no shootings.

see this in English again....
Look at the Light Blue sections on the map. Those are "no shooting" areas

link   

Defining murder capital per capita is different than defining murder by actual murders taken place.

But regardless of how one defines the murder capital, do you not agree that Chicago's violence has got out of hand?

And if the answer to that question is yes, what do you think needs to be done about it?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Talk of 'sending the feds' to a US city when not in the middle of an active disaster, a persistent high crime rate is not an active disaster, is concerning. To say the least.

Many would consider murder rates as high as Chicago's to be an 'active disaster'. When is the last time a disaster struck a city in the USA and killed more than 700 citizens? Call that a 'persistent high crime rate' if you wish, I don't know that the mothers of dead children would use that term.
edit on 24-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I sincerly hope Trump creates de-programming centres for people who are clearly 'disturbed'. People who are anti trump pro Clinton Pro Establishment need help.

To those who need help: We Care.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join