It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Unless, you are a ISIS fan this is good news.

Mattis is on it.

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times January 22, 2017 HeadlinesIslam5 Comments1 min read It was Secretary of Defense Mattis’ first day at the Pentagon and he has already hit the ground running. Mattis spent the day overseeing strikes against the Islamic State in both Syria and Iraq.

Details of the strike in the article indicate the missions were quite successful.

While the press lamented that ISIS could never be overcome, it looks like Mattis is cutting its head off. That's a start. Putting fear in ISIS from day one goes along way in demoralizing their troops.
edit on 1/22/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

We'll see.

Let's not celebrate too soon.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

Mattis is on it.

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times January 22, 2017 HeadlinesIslam5 Comments1 min read It was Secretary of Defense Mattis’ first day at the Pentagon and he has already hit the ground running. Mattis spent the day overseeing strikes against the Islamic State in both Syria and Iraq.

Details of the strike in the article indicate the missions were quite successful.

While the press lamented that ISIS could never be overcome, it looks like Mattis is cutting its head off. That's a start. Putting fear in ISIS from day one goes along way in demoralizing their troops.

Hopefully there wasn't collateral damage, but, there is nothing we are going to do to change ISIS fighters opinions. They hate our way of life and will for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Agreed.

Let's hope we can celebrate sooner than later.

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Hilarious...and you earned a star from me.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I noticed in Obama's last week or so some very unusual strikes at the last minute.

edition.cnn.com...

US B-2 bombers struck and destroyed two ISIS camps in Libya overnight, with initial estimates that over 80 militants were killed, US officials told CNN Thursday.

he mission was approved several days ago by President Barack Obama and is expected to be the last short-notice military operation ordered by him, according to sources.

to me this was the Obama admin removing a few key personnel who knew the facts the us never wanted to admit, that they were the primary source of backing for ISIS.

Now Trumps in, I hope Mad Dog blitzs all the terrorist scume

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Mattis is on it.

Is he really celebrating or is the editorial BS? If he is I just lost the respect I had for him.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I think ISIS and others will be quickly defeated now Hillary and company are out of the equation.
President Trump will stop the funding and training of terrorists/moderate rebels in Syria.

President-elect Donald J. Trump said Friday that he was likely to abandon the American effort to support “moderate” opposition groups in Syria who are battling the government of President Bashar al-Assad, saying “we have no idea who these people are.”

“I’ve had an opposite view of many people regarding Syria,” Mr. Trump told The Journal. “My attitude was you’re fighting Syria, Syria is fighting ISIS, and you have to get rid of ISIS. Russia is now totally aligned with Syria, and now you have Iran, which is becoming powerful, because of us, is aligned with Syria.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We should have done this kind of thing long ago, just think of how many lives that we could have saved over in the middle east if we did it years ago. I think the Generals will be happy under Trumps administration.

What happened to all the generals that Obama got rid of because they had a different opinion then he had about fixing the problem over there. If they would have been able to get rid of them then, how many people would have been saved overall there. Those people are going through hell there with all those groups of radicals trying to take over those countries. Russia is doing something to help their neighbor, how come we aren't going in and help fight these groups we funded in their beginning.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

I think ISIS and others will be quickly defeated now Hillary and company are out of the equation.
President Trump will stop the funding and training of terrorists/moderate rebels in Syria.

President-elect Donald J. Trump said Friday that he was likely to abandon the American effort to support “moderate” opposition groups in Syria who are battling the government of President Bashar al-Assad, saying “we have no idea who these people are.”

“I’ve had an opposite view of many people regarding Syria,” Mr. Trump told The Journal. “My attitude was you’re fighting Syria, Syria is fighting ISIS, and you have to get rid of ISIS. Russia is now totally aligned with Syria, and now you have Iran, which is becoming powerful, because of us, is aligned with Syria.”

www.nytimes.com...

I knew Trump didnt know forgien policy but jesus. Iran has been powerful in the region for a long as time. Well before the US even got involved in the middle east. I guess he thinks the Iran Nuke deal is all the reasons for Iran?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ISIS is very perturbed with Mr Obama. They got so much support during his rein, and this is all an insult.
This needs to stop Right away. They need some more Toyota trucks ands munitions. I hear they are now wearing pink pussy hats and demanding more munitions and supplies or they will march on Washington immediately. Get with the program Mr Trump, You must support ISIS, or face the consequenses from Hollywood and the pink pussy Brigade

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Iran has come a long way since the old days I think, they still have some human rights issues though.
The same could also be said for Syria, Libya, Egypt and Iraq before destabilization.
What a terrible mess it all is.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I want President Trump to focus on the LEADERS. Get them any way you can. You'd think that by now, our remarkable country would have technologies that could zap people from space with a laser. Target the person who started the war. Save thousands of innocent lives.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Mattis is on it.

Is he really celebrating or is the editorial BS? If he is I just lost the respect I had for him.
I'm sorry. Were you rooting for ISIS?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Many seem confused here..

Just because there is a new president, it doesn't mean that their strategy against ISIS changes overnight.

In fact, looking at the news page on defence.gov shows that just before Mattis took charge, 90 ISIS boats were hit in a 3 day campaign as well as 28 seperate campaigns the day before he took over.

www.defense.gov...

edit on 23/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Im mostly anti war, but when it comes to ISIS go get em Mattis. No hesitation, no sympathy, only death to these ...i dont even have a word for how bad they are.

Obama smuggled them weapons. Mattis / Trump are already looking to destroy them. I have a mixed opinion of Trump. But in only 36 hours he is kicking ass and taking names in a good way.

No TPP
Non confrontational Russian policy
Destroying IS scum
Renegotiating NAFTA
Indicating approval for auditing the fed

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wonder what was on those 90 ISIS boats or the 28 separate campaigns the day before he took over? Doesn't matter sure the boats were just converted fishing boats or something but it is odd how theres a new page turning and a sudden blitz at the end of that page before you flip it kind of like a cliffhanger except you have a paraglider.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

That is the Daily Caller's headline.

Celebrating? I doubt he's drinking champagne. It's just a term used for a successful mission.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady At first I was happy to see this...but just today Spicer was talking about how dishonest the media was. Do we only believe news if it reflects well on Dear Leader?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join