It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Right, so that's a continuation of the previous administrations policy and campaign then.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No, it's cleaning up Obama's mess

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
No, it's cleaning up Obama's mess

Not really. Just continuing what Obama has started and was doing for months - bombing ISIS. But go ahaid with your ridiculous pompastic attemps to make it look like it's something much better.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gmacev
Daesh is Obamas creation, so Trump is cleaning it up, and if you can't handle the truth crawl back to your hole....

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Or do what you are doing, and just make it up.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: gmacev
Daesh is Obamas creation, so Trump is cleaning it up, and if you can't handle the truth crawl back to your hole....

There were over 10,000 ISIS strikes under Obama's command. That is the truth. This is nothing new, has nothing to do with the new defense Secretary.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I concur. We've (U.S.) been bombing the sh**t out of ISIS for awhile with little overall effect on ISIS.

We need a new strategy, coupled with air strikes.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Matt11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

edit on 24-1-2017 by Matt11 because: Double post

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

edit on 24-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you kill one, it pisses off 10 new ones to the point of radical.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

I think ISIS and others will be quickly defeated now Hillary and company are out of the equation.
President Trump will stop the funding and training of terrorists/moderate rebels in Syria.

President-elect Donald J. Trump said Friday that he was likely to abandon the American effort to support “moderate” opposition groups in Syria who are battling the government of President Bashar al-Assad, saying “we have no idea who these people are.”

“I’ve had an opposite view of many people regarding Syria,” Mr. Trump told The Journal. “My attitude was you’re fighting Syria, Syria is fighting ISIS, and you have to get rid of ISIS. Russia is now totally aligned with Syria, and now you have Iran, which is becoming powerful, because of us, is aligned with Syria.”

www.nytimes.com...

I think you underestimate the "Deep State". While Trump seems to responding amicably to Russian actions in Syria he is also at odds with Iran. The sectarian situation on the ground is extremely complex and while many would like to blame Obama for this, a situation in which he does indeed bare some responsibility, those same people fail to acknowledge in an intellectually honest way what got us to this point. Hell one can go back to the immediate post WWII period as a start even though it began long before that in WWI with the Kaiser and the Ottomans. The point is that no single political party or administration is truly blameless in all of this. It's all part of their long game and in today's world it is a sure bet that even sitting back and doing nothing while chaos engulfs the middle East is good for the petrodollar's status as the world reserve currency.

BRICS nations are understandably not very happy with this so it is obviously in Russia's interest to promote regional stability. Especially since their economy has been screwed over by the intentional overproduction of oil. A form of economic warfare really. And while I personally believe that Assad is at present the best option and that Russia is indeed doing a service to the world I can only wonder what would happen if the petrodollar collapsed and all of those foreign reserves held by other nations in USD came back home. The U.S. would see inflation worse than Weimar Germany.

But there is a reason that this is all so complex; it makes it a lot harder to unravel and dismantle.

As to Gen. Mattis, well I'm not really holding my breath. There are entrenched forces in not only the Pentagon but also the intelligence agencies that seem to be running the show. The small amount of credit that I will extend to Obama is that I'm not entirely sure how in charge he actually was. Bay of pigs anyone? The Deep State is omnipresent and has been since at least JFK.

Now it's just a matter of wait and see. I have no doubt that TPTB were not only behind the birth of ISIS but also directly and indirectly supported them in a number of ways. Maybe Trump's Did can break the mold but I for one am not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Unless, you are a ISIS fan this is good news.

Mattis is on it.

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times

‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Celebrating On Day One, Blows Up ISIS 31 Times January 22, 2017 HeadlinesIslam5 Comments1 min read It was Secretary of Defense Mattis’ first day at the Pentagon and he has already hit the ground running. Mattis spent the day overseeing strikes against the Islamic State in both Syria and Iraq.

Details of the strike in the article indicate the missions were quite successful.

While the press lamented that ISIS could never be overcome, it looks like Mattis is cutting its head off. That's a start. Putting fear in ISIS from day one goes along way in demoralizing their troops.

Hopefully there wasn't collateral damage, but, there is nothing we are going to do to change ISIS fighters opinions. They hate our way of life and will for quite some time.

There is no such thing as a bombing campaign without collateral damage.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mommy Clinton and Daddy Obama, the parents of the ISIS children not only created them but reared them in their own image. They supported their efforts which in turn, helped Mommy and Daddy grow their liberal/progressive agenda. Once the writing was on the wall that Trump had dethroned Mommy and Daddy, they had to kill many of their evil prodigy to hide the truth from Trump and America. They failed and the truth will be exposed eventually.

In the mean time, the children of Clinton and Obama will continue to struggle to survive the bombs and execute more attacks, but they will fall under Trump's reign and eventually fall into the ashes of history. But the parents still exist as does the religion of liberalism that they have killed for. And there will always be two progressives willing to be the Adam and Eve to another group of murderous killers.

We are going to see so much dirt being overturned and corruption discovered over the next eight years it is going to make most people question who we have really been...or who we have allowed the left to make us.
edit on 1/26/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

How about reading the thread before spouting off nonsensical drivel?

There is no change in how ISIS are being targeted.

edit on 26/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Obama was targeting them with money and Toyota trucks. Trump and Putin target them with bombs. Tap Tap Tap, No eracies

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Wrong.

Saudi Arabia is/was a big fanancial backer, not the US...not directly anyway. You'll be happy to know that Russia has paid the way for Jihadis to get to Syria though..

Most of the vehicles were stolen, or looted as they moved through Syria and Iraq.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

" not the US...not directly anyway"

Spoken like a Champ!

Thanks for stating that!

Its ok. We wont be supporting them anymore, because your boi is no longer power. The Hundreds of millions that belonged to US taxpayers he tried to sneak to the UN and Palestine are frozen By The Almighty Trump. Go Trump! Good job!

Did you see what that was? That was President Trump taking care of business

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

First...there will be. Second...what the hell are you crying about now? Upset that Trump is going to hurt Obama's buddies?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yo 90 boats on the most historic river in the middle east blown up in a day... What were we trying to do help the salmon in the yemen? That seemed almost like a decisive maneuver to make sure the violence doesn't spill over to any of the numerous country's next to Syria. 1. Obama's administration purposely tried to support Trumps 2. Something or someone was in that party and has disappeared like jizz in my fingertips.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Typical Trump supporter response.

Full of nonsense.

There was no change to how ISIS are being targeted between Obama and Trump, you are utterly deluded if you think this is the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join