It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Reporting. Secretary Sean Spicer Goes After Media.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I wanted to post this to make sure others get to see this too.

I think its important for others to watch as this may get swept under the rug soon. It shows that the media coverage is getting noticed, that they are not doing there job right or rather paid to not do it right.

Here press secretary Sean Spicer slams media on their fake reporting and promises to go after those responsible for fake news and holding them accountable. Give it a watch, its good to see.

Fake reporting is not something new to many of us here but the extent its reaching at the moment in regards to Donald Trump is becoming disgustingly vile.

edit on 21-1-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The funny thing is that many of these people who create fake news actually believe they are telling the truth. They interpret things the way they believe. I think it is more of a mental illness problem most times. When people get all wrapped up in something they lose sight of reality. I see it all the time, it is one of mankind's quirks. It goes back thousands of years.

I think we should start watching more cartoons. The one with the baby dinosaurs is pretty decent.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I hate the msm, and I do think they went out of their way to belittle or undermine trumps inauguration in any way possible.

But I am not blind. There were more people at Obama's inauguration.

To me, it doesn't matter one bit. But if i am going to hold the press accountable for their lies, then I am going to do the same for trump.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Go Sean.

Don't be so nervous friend. You got this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree that some employees of the media sure want a raise and climb the reporter ladder so put out stories that they do not double check. However, nothing like this has ever occurred on this scale with any other president at least in the last 10 years. There is, a clear push from somewhere. Someone wants to shame Donald Trump but is failing, as clearly in this video there coming in from all avenues. Estimated numbers, tweets wrongfully putting false thoughts in many minds and clearly paid protests forming in the streets from again people that do not know why they are taking to the streets. I am very aware that many protests are actually full of people being paid to be there. I have had friends paid to do just that (Americans), not that I agree with it. Someone or a group of people are very clearly trying to make a dent, they know the majority of America basically read a title header and thats it, they run with that header. Which could be anything insanely made up. Most people do not read the content anymore. So it is not just a simple mistake or wishing to just post anything outwards, as they are working for news companies which have to give them the say so before they can run a story. They are letting them run them.

.... I do agree however, more cartoons.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He didn't say more people were at Trump inauguration. He said more people used public transit and that the media severely downplayed the support for Trump.

Gotta pay attention to details, or else you risk sounding like the current MSM.
edit on 1/21/2017 by TarzanBeta because: Not displayed...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

To me, it doesn't matter one bit. But if i am going to hold the press accountable for their lies, then I am going to do the same for trump.

What lies are those? The man has been nothing but transparent since the get go and they have nothing to dig up. (his words)

Its another thing however wanting to find lies, thats an odd way to look at a man trying to do his best for many.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Excellent speech in the video. I was watching the news and one of the commentators said something irrational about Trump and the other guy got silent. He quickly changed the subject. The commentator who said the stupid thing should be canned, giving a personal stab at the president of the United States while covering the Inauguration is not a good practice, the news is supposed to remain neutral on this kind of stuff. Lately they have become polarized and that should not be the job of the reporter. If that guy worked for me, I would have fired him for his remark.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My favorite part is when the media reported that trump had MLK bust removed from the oval office, when they were informed that it hadn`t been removed they said " well a secret service person must have been standing in front of it so we didn`t see it"

I guess as journalist it never occurred to them to actually ask somebody where it was since they couldn`t see it.
no I guess that would have been above their pay grade I mean they are only reporters/journalist they can`t be expected to actually ask questions.

they let their assumptions and bias answer the questions that they never ask and then report those assumptions and bias as fact.

They are no better than internet trolls.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'd love to say this is hilarious but now Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America and he's as thin-skinned as ever, perhaps more. Listening to Sean Spicer try to explain how it just seemed like there were less people because of the grass protection left me shaking my head in disgust. Petty. Pathetic. Undignified.

The reporter who tweeted the bit about the bust is a sloppy idiot who deserves ridicule if he reported that the bust of MLK had been removed and in fact, somebody was just standing in front of it. I get it. However, it's ridiculous for the White House to respond to every jab or to even try to. It looks weak af. And the steaming pile about the tournout was just embarassing.

Nice to know the White House can now be so easily triggered. Jesus.
edit on 2017-1-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree that some employees of the media sure want a raise and climb the reporter ladder so put out stories that they do not double check. However, nothing like this has ever occurred on this scale with any other president at least in the last 10 years. There is, a clear push from somewhere. Someone wants to shame Donald Trump but is failing, as clearly in this video there coming in from all avenues. Estimated numbers, tweets wrongfully putting false thoughts in many minds and clearly paid protests forming in the streets from again people that do not know why they are taking to the streets. I am very aware that many protests are actually full of people being paid to be there. I have had friends paid to do just that (Americans), not that I agree with it. Someone or a group of people are very clearly trying to make a dent, they know the majority of America basically read a title header and thats it, they run with that header. Which could be anything insanely made up. Most people do not read the content anymore. So it is not just a simple mistake or wishing to just post anything outwards, as they are working for news companies which have to give them the say so before they can run a story. They are letting them run them.

.... I do agree however, more cartoons.

The part of people not reading the whole article in the paper is right on. Most people read the title and a few paragraphs and fit it into their beliefs at that point. I spend a lot of time reading research and find that most people who are giving interpretations of the research do the same thing, there is so much misinformation floating around and half of it tags evidence onto it that doesn't even support their interpretation.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is not about being easily triggered. It is about knowing how easily it is to have the media turn a nation just through a few media outlets providing false information. This is why they made a point of this.

This kind of response shows a backbone, unlike Obama running around like the Manikin and answering no one.
edit on 21-1-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that the MSM is actually public enemy number one against the citizens of the United States and the world.

More of a threat than the DNC, rioters, Russians or even Islamic Terrorist.

A hidden-hand controlled propaganda arm for something or someone sinister.

Ty for posting this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

The Media can easily destroy the civility of this country if they allow false information to be told. These big Media companies should be held liable for the lies of their reporters, there are laws on the books that show slander is not legal and also ones that govern the action of the media. We have been complaining here about the Media for years, maybe Trump heard us and will fix it a bit. He isn't a usual politician, he does know that the media is influenced by different people, some in our government and others by other groups or people..

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is a serious subject. MSM using fake news to manipulate and influence public opinion is nothing new, but it has gotten out of control. It has become almost like an experiment in behavioral science.

Social engineering and behavioral experimentation by ????? can't be ruled out, imo. It makes me wonder if this fake news issue has more serious implications on our citizens than we are aware of. Who is behind it?

edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The media lied about the bust.
Trump lied about the other. there were less people much much less and no they didn't all use public transit.
turns out that the transit was used less that day then in the 2009. but, that was a much more historic event and people wanted to be apart of it.

Spicer claimed that the number of people using the D.C. Metro this weekend supported his contention that the Trump crowds were massive, but according to The Washington Post, Metro usage was down significantly: 570,000 trips compared to 1.1 million in 2009.

Reason Magazine

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
I am of the opinion that the MSM is actually public enemy number one against the citizens of the United States and the world.

More of a threat than the DNC, rioters, Russians or even Islamic Terrorist.

A hidden-hand controlled propaganda arm for something or someone sinister.

Ty for posting this.

Certainly is and well put.

Most news outlets are owned by the very people that want to see Donald Trump burn and also want to see certain aspects of the world burn. Most of those people being Billionaires themselves have become so far gone from normal people that they deem themselves Gods and think as Gods they can play with the lives of people. So in this instance you start to see all the news outlets, at least the majority of them posting anti-Trump headlines everyday pretty much. They want to enforce this negative version of him. It will soon dissolve into nothing as Trump keeps pumping out great victories in jobs and helping American people.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'd love to say this is hilarious but now Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America and he's as thin-skinned as ever, perhaps more. Listening to Sean Spicer try to explain how it just seemed like there were less people because of the grass protection just made me shake my head. Petty. Pathetic. Undignified.

The reporter who tweeted the bit about the bust is a sloppy idiot who deserves ridicule if he reported that the bust of MLK had been removed and in fact, somebody was just standing in front of it. I get it. It's ridiculous for the White House to respond to every jab. It looks weak af. The steaming pile about the tournout was just embarassing.

Nice to know the White House can now be so easily triggered. Jesus.

I will agree that The White House does not need to respond to these things. Much more important business ahead now.

Having watched the inauguration I will say that very few of the photos flying around the net are accurate to the time just before the event began. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme but it is fairly irksome.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So we're calling the petty idiocy of Trump a 'backbone' now? What a shameful place we've gotten to over his spiteful campaign (and now only one day into his presidency). Spicer lied about the numbers being the biggest inauguration ever. Them's the facts. Spicer is now Trump's b___h boy that gets the job of delivering all of Trumps petty (and daily) battles. Good luck Spicer, you're gonna need it.

Up next: defending Trumps embarrassing CIA speech.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
So we're calling the petty idiocy of Trump a 'backbone' now? What a shameful place we've gotten to over his spiteful campaign (and now only one day into his presidency). Spicer lied about the numbers being the biggest inauguration ever. Them's the facts. Spicer is now Trump's b___h boy that gets the job of delivering all of Trumps petty (and daily) battles. Good luck Spicer, you're gonna need it.

Up next: defending Trumps embarrassing CIA speech.

Your wording alone paints the kind of thought process you posses. Again, Backbone for once in the White House.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join