It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Reporting. Secretary Sean Spicer Goes After Media.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Someone ain't playing games!!

The Press were scolded and justifiably so. Pretty sad to see a group of 'adults' lambasted by the Press Secretary. Just sad.

When the White House starts revoking Press Credentials ... s##t's gonna get real.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So they move the bust of MLK back into the office and place it behind a door take a picture then hold a press conference claiming it was always there whining about twitter and the press.

I really hope his administration gets their act together and grow some thicker skin.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Some are using this as an opportunity to attack Trump and by doing so, are actually defending a dishonest media.

So I'd have to call them idiots if they truly want a media that lies to them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The rapid transit numbers only indicate the number of people living in D.C. that may have attended.

It makes sense that less people would go to a Republican inauguration.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So they move the bust of MLK back into the office and place it behind a door take a picture then hold a press conference claiming it was always there whining about twitter and the press.

I really hope his administration gets their act together and grow some thicker skin.

I voted for Trump and I would be honored to have the MLK bust in my office.

That being said, what the heck is your problem if that's what you found to be news? More accurately, how simple is your target audience and how do you go to bed at night feeling accomplished knowing that the demographic that puts food on your plate is so stupid?

Comes off as harsh, but come on...

Truly grasping at straws here.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let's take a picture before everyone has shown up at one inauguration and compare it to after everyone showed up at another inauguration and pretend they are equivalent in representation to continue to push the BS skewed polling narrative.

Let's misrepresent truth using dirty tricks to manufacture false support for our misrepresenting truth using dirty polling all to try and establish a false narrative.
edit on 1/21/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

You keep thinking that if you want but I can guarantee you that it's only the position of the Trump faithful. The rest of us see it for the weakness that it is.

Who cares if somebody tweeted something about the MLK bust being removed? What papers printed this incorrect account of the bust being taken down? What cable news stations reported that the bust had been taken down? 99% of us would have never even heard about it if Sean Spicer hadn't been forced to go out and humiliate himself by speaking about it in a microphone as though it was a serious issue.

As far as the inauguration turnout goes. There's video of the whole thing. There are mulitple sources for pictures of the National Mall during the inaugurations in 2009 and yesterday. We have eyes.

A couple seconds before the end you can see the maximum size of the crowd. The crowd is clearly smaller. CLEARLY much smaller. Perhaps half as big? This wouldn't even be an issue if Trump would stop trying to prove that he's more popular than he actually he is. He was popular enough to win the election, isn't that enough?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

I voted for Trump and I would be honored to have the MLK bust in my office.

That being said, what the heck is your problem if that's what you found to be news? More accurately, how simple is your target audience and how do you go to bed at night feeling accomplished knowing that the demographic that puts food on your plate is so stupid?

Comes off as harsh, but come on...

Truly grasping at straws here.

WTF is your problem and why do you think any of it is newsworthy? Aside from the dumbarse press release I never even knew there was an issue over the MLK bust. So my question to you is how pathetic is it that they hold a press conference over it? How simple is their target audience? FFS all they had to do is take staged picture and say "NUH UH" and people the sheep believe it. If it is true or not doesn't mean much, but a response like that does. It shows a whiny pansy weak administration to need to call a press conference for such a minor matter.

Do you think I am the press just how idiotic are you to claim they put food on my plate?

My complaint is they need to hold a press conference over such an issue and I feel for the idiots that gobble it up like little sheep. I am skeptical of the press and the government.

It may be harsh, but it is truly lame you eat it up instead of questioning if such a thing is necessary or deserving of government press release.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The current battle is with the media and for good reason. As long as the media wants to manipulate, that must be the focus of the one who must deal directly with the media.

To whom was Sean reporting, friend?

By what means does the press interact with the public?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Oh, this will be fun then. I see a lot of trumpkins supporting the supposed "battle with the press".

I find it sad, but I am sure the rest of the world will find it hilarious that we have such a thin skinned weak administration that holds press conferences to set twitter straight. It might become a weekly special to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Except there was nothing fake about the reporting. Only trump not liking the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh, this will be fun then. I see a lot of trumpkins supporting the supposed "battle with the press".

I find it sad, but I am sure the rest of the world will find it hilarious that we have such a thin skinned weak administration that holds press conferences to set twitter straight. It might become a weekly special to look forward to.

The US has gone back to post Iraq invasion Gorge W. Bush level of stupidity in the eyes of the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It's not thin skinned to put up your fisticuffs when someone challenges you. It's business.

If the press had repentance, then I'm sure forgiveness and moving on would be immediate.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Neat cut-off at the end.

Just in time !!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

It's not thin skinned to put up your fisticuffs when someone challenges you. It's business.

If the press had repentance, then I'm sure forgiveness and moving on would be immediate.

Repentance for what?

If this keeps up the media will play him like a fiddle making them jump and squirm every time he is slighted. It is the "unfair snowflake syndrome" Trump has shown through the campaign. He is thin skinned and coming off as weak to the world by reacting this way.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Actually, much of the rest of the world has been quite congratulatory for us - those who see the importance of this Administration.

And to the guy (Grimp. Can I call you Grimp?) claiming Trump looks thin skinned right now, you sound like an afraid bully. Not trying to make you feel bad, but when someone starts sticking up for their self, the last resort of the bully is to invalidate the defender's response.

Unless you actually have a horse in this race, I don't understand what you're actually fearing.
edit on 1/21/2017 by TarzanBeta because: Grimp. Imp. Achoo.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My horse is America and I don't like that Trumps administration is making it look weak by reacting to twitter in such a way. You may like it, but it is weak. The action lacks dignity. I only hope he stops acting like a whiny beotch to focus on important matters.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

My horse is America and I don't like that Trumps administration is making it look weak by reacting to twitter in such a way. You may like it, but it is weak. The action lacks dignity. I only hope he stops acting like a whiny beotch to focus on important matters.

The media is an important 21st century bullet point.

There are many things to do, but the actions concerning the media will be foremost in the minds of the media, which attempted to destroy him needlessly, and also at the forefront of his mind so that he can discover a media that will convey his own message accurately.

The fact that this eludes you makes me wonder if you're a good guy but you simply don't see the importance. It looks unimportant until you consider.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

He is reacting to the media and it makes the country and his administration look weak. Especially when they lie on something that can easily be checked. The crowd was smaller it is just a fact and nothing to be ashamed of, but it irked him so much that he had his administration issue a press release over it and the bust (true or not) can't be proven. Their word against his. The world isn't stupid and it is sure to bite him for reacting like they did.

Reacting to time magazine and twitter on a scale of press conference is ridiculous. It is weak, if they keep that up his administration will be the biggest joke of the century.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You do realize that lots of people are watching on Twitter? Lots of people read magazines, watch the news...

Yeah, you could just ignore, but then you risk allowing people to make up their minds in ignorance.

Trump, like John F. Kennedy, wants the People to work with him, not for him, not against him. Since media is how the People get his message, media needs to be without distortion so that we can work together on those things on which he leads us to focus.

You're using Above Top Secret right now as a medium. How would you feel if someone made up something or took everything you said out of context and had the power to edit your post without any mention of editing or artistic license?

I think you wouldn't like our conversation one bit, and you wouldn't even agree with your own message after all the damage "control" was performed.
edit on 1/21/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join