It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video compilation of NASA admitting they can't fly past low earth orbit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One of those clips in the video is from a longer NASA video where they admit that they need to do tests of unmanned ships going through the Van Allen belts before they can figure out how to send people through them.

It's been shown on here before, I don't know how everyone here missed it, or is it just selective memory?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

What it is is that you believed the claims about what was said rather than what they were actually talking about.

That happens a lot.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

For what, you being wrong or me being right?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Guess it must be all true Popular Mechanics,Mythbusters and now Phage himself says so.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

None can survive the belts. Not without severe consequences.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09
The bottom line is this. The new American administration won't tolerate the half truths and indiscretions from the space agency, nor the intelligence departments, as they were previously.

I forecast lots of people looking for new jobs.

You realize that this "new administration" can easily be blackmailed by the IC, right?

You don't piss off the people who gather information, otherwise they'll gather information on you.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'm right that they don't know all and see all. Call it a hunch.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

So you read Behold a Pale Horse and now your "in the know".

Color me surprised

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You must be conversing with yourself because I already replied to that one little line you pulled out of many and used, forgetting the rest of the statement. I think I said, it sounded like a Tongue In Cheek Comment he made.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

I wasn't grading his moronic statements on a scale. They all fell into the same category.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Because to get where they are planning on going they have to go through the main part of the Van Allen Belts, not through the thinner portions that Apollo went through, with a much more computerized vehicle. They have to test that the computer systems and shielding can stand up to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is more fun than reading comments on Yahoo!

As far as leaving Earth orbit, I think by the comments here that most people have already left Earth's orbit.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So what you're really saying is that you will continue to insult those you disagree with and also lack humor. Ok.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As is explicitly stated in the full context.

As we get further away from Earth, we’ll pass through the Vann Allan Belts, an area of dangerous radiation. Radiation like this can harm the guidance systems, onboard computers, or other electronics on Orion. Naturally, we have to pass through this danger zone twice, once up and once back. But Orion has protection, shielding will be put to the test as the vehicle cuts through the waves of radiation. Sensors aboard will record radiation levels for scientists to study. We must solve these challenges before we send people through this region of Space.

lybio.net...

Would be a bummer if systems got fried with people onboard Orion. Too easy to ignore that bit, I guess.

edit on 1/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Nah. I can joke with the best of them.

I get agitated that people watch a couple youtube videos and read a book and all of a sudden they wanna discredit all of the amazing work and ingenuity that went into that program.

Sometimes it gets to me more than others. This is one of those times. He's an idiot.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It's OK, I forgive you.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: Geki09

Let's be honest. My people didn't give your people permission to leave this plane. And you guys won't have permission for a looooong time until your agencies are honest with Earth's residents and have good intentions to begin with. We see and know all.

Them's fighting words . . .

Humanity does not need permission as far as I understand the current situation esotericly.

So, two questions;

Who or what is humanity's jailer?

By what right do they think they can decide humanity's future?

Why? Do you think humanity is entitled to leave this plane? By what right? What religious text granted humanity domain over the Heavens?

Humanity is their own jailer. Your "free will" is the same thing that bonds you. Humanity is still in its infancy. Just look around you. You enslave, kill, and still consume intelligent animals of the Earth. You treat beasts of this plane with little to no dignity. Humanity is hyper xenophobic, even to their own kind. That's the true Lintniss test. If humanity can't be trusted to treat lesser creatures humanely, how can they be trusted in the Cosmic sandbox?

And who do you honestly believe is trying to get initial access to the Stars? Divinely inspired idealists? No it's the killers, mercenaries, and company men of unprincipled psychopaths. Men who are morally bankrupt and of ill disposition. These men look to exploit the stars, not nourish them. This isn't the cast of Star Trek, my friend.

Humanity was given domain over the Earth. Nothing more. Humanity isn't done with rehab yet.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2017 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You believe whatever you wish the only thing however I am aware of however that is remarkable about NASA is their animators and cinematographers.

edit on 16-1-2017 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: FauxMulder

All of the clips show recent comments. Could it be that because we used the Saturn V to go to the moon and we don't currently have that right now?

Mostly it is people saying we don't CURRENTLY have the capability to go past low earth orbit.

yea that's what I was thinking too, but the star question has me more confused..

the delta IV payload is NOTHING compared to the Saturn Vs...

I believe the comments were referring to the fact that we don't currently have the capability to go beyond LEO. The Saturn V rockets were the last vehicle we had capable of going to the moon.
edit on -06:002017Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:44:36 -060031America/Chicago000000Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:44:36 -0600MonAmerica/ChicagoJan by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

You believe whatever you wish the only thing however I am aware of however that is remarkable about NASA is their animators and cinematographers.

Context is a helluva thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join