It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand down Orders in place for an assassin plot?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

Nothing, yet. Maybe they will announce the day before, like Gates.

Also, I did find you are correct about Pence.

Logically it would seem strange to disclose...hey, by the way..this is who we are tucking away in case everyone gets killed..

Again I could be wrong, but it might be that they don't tell until afterwards..at least that would seem a good idea.

They don't disclose the location of the designated survivor during the inauguration...it's probably a good thing we know who it is though.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Logically it would seem strange to disclose...hey, by the way..this is who we are tucking away in case everyone gets killed..

Again I could be wrong, but it might be that they don't tell until afterwards..at least that would seem a good idea.

They don't disclose the location of the designated survivor during the inauguration...it's probably a good thing we know who it is though.

LOL...Yes it would be strange in a SHTF scenario where more than one person declares themselves the designated survivor and no one alive knows any better.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Exactly what ran through my mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

It is true. Whether you accept it or not.

Obama approval rate is over 50% trump is less than 40%

www.al.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 1152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And his desire to piss on all things Obama.
His ugly is never far from the surface is it?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
It's trickier if a candidate dies after being elected but before the electoral college votes. Then the electors are free to vote for another candidate. Presumably not the vice president because they are already committed to voting for that person as vice president. But there's no law that says they can't elect him for both. In which case it goes to Pence probably. But at that moment it's up for grabs.
If he died now before swearing in but after the E.C. vote it goes to Pence.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And I'm sorry but I don't know what IOW means and I didn't set out to answer your questions. Sometimes answers lead to more questions like it did with me . I just volunteered that the answers are out there and it may be fun to explore.
You looked up what you wanted to know anyway so there you go.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Obama? Not concerned, nor implied.

What is peculiar? Not the day, or the legal definition of relief. If the man is relieved on the same day as the inauguration, or days before, that's fine. What is peculiar is a change of the Guard De Facto, not just De Jure, while the new President is standing there in front of hundreds of thousands of people in open air.

The acceptance of the change is normal. Even with Trump's team doing so.

That there is some confusion about whether the army or the pentagon has scheduled the change, vs. whether everyone in the transition team agreed, may contribute either to an innocuous consequence, or may in fact, be deliberate.

If anyone is to be implicated, it is neither Trump nor Obama. Rather, it would be the members of the transition team and those at the pentagon involved.

The only thing that is truly disturbing about this, is the timing, in respect of the hour of the day, and where Trump is standing at that transition... which again, is in front of hundreds of thousands of people, where a considerable portion of security is being maintained, at some level, by the very same person being switched. Why not wait until he's at least in doors and the guard are dismissed? And why would he knowingly agree to a change of this sort in the middle of his audience? We can speculate, like many things, Trump missed that particular "briefing". Sadly, that is most believable - that he either didn't hear about it, or didn't visualize himself in front of half a million people during such a change. Or maybe it is simply an oversight of Hubris?

What does the OP claim?
That if something happens, particularly as a consequence of disorder during those "changing of the guard" moments, even if Trump is not actually injured, that whatever act or attempt of violence will be used to legitimize a crackdown, which in the same year, can be used to incentivize something awful, such as a hybridization of the patriot act and martial law.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

This is why Trumps firing of everyone effective immediately with no one to take up the job right away is so crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm inclined to think if they try to hit him its likely to be either before or after the event. I think current assassination scenarios are being driven by past move scripts.

Even those who are desperate to prevent Trump being inaugurated would not want an assassination of trump to be televised all around the world on inauguration day as this is just not a good look and makes them look amateurish.

If they are going to hit Trump I suspect it will take the form of some method that will entail what appears to be natural causes or 'the cause of death is not known at this time and will unlikely be known for some weeks.' type scenario.

Its known that Julian Assange was taken ill soon after eating a meal taken to him by Pamela Anderson. Perhaps it was a trail run. All weapons have a degree of suspicion and distrust attached to them until they are proven to work under actual battle conditions so therefore they have to be tried out under actual battle conditions.

There is a video floating around the net of the heat attack gun that was developed some years ago so i would imagine they would have come up with newer and less detectable weapons by now. Perhaps food and or water mixed with infection sounds like a more likely scenario to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

This is why Trumps firing of everyone effective immediately with no one to take up the job right away is so crazy.

There are people to take their places. What people dont understand is just about every government position affected has a chain of command, even ambassadors. There are subordinates who can assume duties until a replacement is named. What is occurring is the removal of all "political appointees", which includes the head of the DC National Guard.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The video of the heart attack gun was from the house committee on assassinations and dealt with reviewing the JFK assassination.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

No.

It is tradition for every political appointee of the previous president to submit their resignation effective the day the successor takes office.

In this case, my understanding is that Trump's team asked this man to stay on long enough for his successor to find his feet. That request was denied. That wasn't exactly traditional. Usually, the appointees stay on to insure a smooth transition of power. But again, this is likely a protest move.

Any controversy being made over the so-called firing is much ado about nothing. Political appointees serve at the pleasure of the president, no more, no less.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It was Pres elect Trump who decided this. www.businessinsider.com...

Later in the day, the Post updated its story to note that Schwartz, who was appointed by President George W. Bush, had twice before offered a customary letter of resignation to President Obama which was declined. President-elect Trump however, accepted his resignation, and an as-yet-unnamed interim commander was named by the Pentagon.

a reply to: Rosinitiate
Trump just accepted his resignation with no replacement ready.

edit on 16-1-2017 by observer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What are you guys talking about?
It would be Mike Pence and no one else. Unless he's killed at the same time.
Y'all didn't look it up like I suggested did you?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

In the words of the late great Alfred Hitchcock...

And now a word from our sponsors.

Breitbart and info wars...
edit on 1162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: observer
It was Pres elect Trump who decided this. www.businessinsider.com...

Later in the day, the Post updated its story to note that Schwartz, who was appointed by President George W. Bush, had twice before offered a customary letter of resignation to President Obama which was declined. President-elect Trump however, accepted his resignation, and an as-yet-unnamed interim commander was named by the Pentagon.

a reply to: Rosinitiate
Trump just accepted his resignation with no replacement ready.

Commander of DC National guard to step down during inauguration

Like an ambassador would, Schwartz followed protocol and offered his resignation to the incoming administration. But according to a senior transition official, the Trump team had not yet accepted it – and had asked Schwartz to stay on a few days past inauguration day to help ensure the event went smoothly

According to this article, the successor was already named which is why Schwartz declined to stay on for a few more days. Then Schwartz tried to spin it like he was the victim being forced to step down at 12:01 pm 1.20.17. Brigadier General William J. Walker is his replcaement.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What are you guys talking about?
It would be Mike Pence and no one else. Unless he's killed at the same time.
Y'all didn't look it up like I suggested did you?

Go back and read if you want to know what we were talking about.

No one needs you to suggest looking things up. We already did that. The name of the Designated Survivor has not been released yet. And, yes, we know all the other successors would have to be eliminated for the Designated Survivor to be next in line. Geesh.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

That's not in the OP article. In it trumps team accepted his resignation . The man didn't spin anything.
With his reputation people are gonna sieve trump over this man? Really? Come on....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join