It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand down Orders in place for an assassin plot?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No that person obviously didn't read the story.
The guy was hired by Bush.
He was kept on by Obama ...twice
He's being let go by trump and has been told by the trump transition team to vacate the post at high noon on Friday.

Yeah it's the wild wild west again.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Ya got us man.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No don't worry. Hillary is not going to be president. You don't need to even be concerned about that.
It's all available on line. How government works, the pecking order, who succeeds who, the duties of each branch.
I've learned a lot this past year and re-learned things I d forgotten from 36 years ago when I was last in school.
This whole election cycle has been very educational.hairy, crazy, and down right nasty but educational.
At least it raised a lot of questions and awakened curiosities within my mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It will be a success in that it will be a slap in trumps big ego.
He hasn't fooled everybody.
He's not as popular as his predecessor.
People like Obama way more than they like trump.
Truths he just can't stand.

Most protests are simply making a statement. Not leading a revolution.
edit on 1152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

With violence?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It will be a success in that it will be a slap in trumps big ego.
He hasn't fooled everybody.
He's not as popular as his predecessor.
People like Obama way more than they like trump.
Truths he just can't stand.

Most protests are simply making a statement. Not leading a revolution.
"People like Obama way more than they like trump." NOPE! Not true at all. Who are these 'PEOPLE'? I've seen nothing but 8 yrs of slowely tearing apart our Country.........

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If there is a successful attempt against Trump, I, for one, am going to be mighty suspicious.

To this day, I remain stunned that Obama's protection was so thorough that no one got through in the 8 years of office. I honestly didn't expect him to make it 100 days due to the color of his skin and the nature of those against such things. I am aware of multiple attempts but am also guessing there were more than reported.

So there's simply no reason whatsoever that an equal attempt against Trump should be successful.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

He's being let go by trump and has been told by the trump transition team to vacate the post at high noon on Friday.

To be frank it is all part of Trump's coup-de-tat fantasy.

Having him removed the precise second Trump is able to (when he completes the verbal oath of office).

It aligns with Trump pushing what he can get away ethically to it's legal limits...and perhaps too far.

And it is the same as him demanding all ambassadors vacate their homes and positions immediately...which has never been done as incoming Presidents have always allowed families time to transition, move, let the kids finish school years etc..

It's emotionally satisfying to man-baby trump, it makes him "feel" powerful a the expense of innocent people and in these cases committed public servants. In short it is precisely in keeping with Trump's narcissist disorder.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
If there is a successful attempt against Trump, I, for one, am going to be mighty suspicious.

Trump will be fine.

People don't give the Secret Service enough credit. They protect the office, not the man and even the biggest Trump-hater in the secret service would take a bullet for him. They carefully screen and train for exactly that purpose.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

To be frank it is all part of Trump's coup-de-tat fantasy.

Having him removed the precise second Trump is able to (when he completes the verbal oath of office).

It aligns with Trump pushing what he can get away ethically to it's legal limits...and perhaps too far.

And it is the same as him demanding all ambassadors vacate their homes and positions immediately...which has never been done as incoming Presidents have always allowed families time to transition, move, let the kids finish school years etc..

It's emotionally satisfying to man-baby trump, it makes him "feel" powerful a the expense of innocent people and in these cases committed public servants. In short it is precisely in keeping with Trump's narcissist disorder.

Coup d'etat fantasy? Winning the election must have really ruined his fantasy.

As for demanding all ambassadors vacate their positions immediately, you are wrong as Obama did the same.

From The Washington Post 2008.

Obama Gives Political Ambassadors Their Pink Slips By Glenn Kessler
The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said. The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week. Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees. Most ambassadors, of course, are foreign service officers, but often the posts involving the most important bilateral relations (such as with Great Britain, Japan and India) or desirable locales (such as the Bahamas) are given to close friends and well-heeled contributors of the president.
By Web Politics Editor | December 3, 2008; 10:04 AM ET

voices.washingtonpost.com...

It seems you have fallen for some fake news.
edit on 15/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

No don't worry. Hillary is not going to be president. You don't need to even be concerned about that.
It's all available on line. How government works, the pecking order, who succeeds who, the duties of each branch.
I've learned a lot this past year and re-learned things I d forgotten from 36 years ago when I was last in school.
This whole election cycle has been very educational.hairy, crazy, and down right nasty but educational.
At least it raised a lot of questions and awakened curiosities within my mind.

IOW, you don't have a single answer for any of the questions I presented.

BTW, I already looked up who is named the designated survivor during the inauguration and it seems that name has not been released yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

NOPE...You are BSing again...

ALL Presidents DO issue a statement telling Ambassadors to vacate by Jan. 20th...BUT ALLOW for Exceptions when requested for family transition reasons...

Incoming presidents of both parties have often made exceptions to allow ambassadors to wrap up personal affairs and important diplomatic business while their successors were in the confirmation process, which can take months. Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Mr. Obama all granted extensions for a few politically appointed ambassadors.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23,

www.nytimes.com...

You are lying...

Trump's edict said "No Exceptions"...

Every other President has granted exceptions for family transition.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Would it happen before or after the Oath and would the difference be between Hillary or Mike Pence becoming president?

The command is ended when he completes the verbal oath.

Hillary is not in play regardless...It is not a second place scenario...Since the electoral college has been certified, if Trump were to be unable to serve before inauguration, and Pence hadn't been sworn in yet, Paul Ryan would become Potus, if after oath of office, then Pence.

Also, does Pence take the Oath before or after Trump?

before...

What if Trump takes the Oath, Pence hasn't, and someone assassinates Trump...would that make Joe Biden the successor?

Not the order and Biden is not eligable regardless.

Crap, more wild questions...I believe the outgoing president actually names a designated survivor specifically for the inauguration. Bush Jr. named Robert Gates who was Defense Secretary, at the time, IIRC.

So what if it's someone else besides any of the above named?

They don't tell who the designated survivor is until after the event.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the answers, I'll have to verify them though because I know the one above is incorrect. Robert Gates was announced as the Designated Survivor before Obama's inauguration:

Gates to Serve as 'Designated Successor' for Inaugural

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

NOPE...You are BSing again...

ALL Presidents DO issue a statement telling Ambassadors to vacate by Jan. 20th...BUT ALLOW for Exceptions when requested for family transition reasons...

Incoming presidents of both parties have often made exceptions to allow ambassadors to wrap up personal affairs and important diplomatic business while their successors were in the confirmation process, which can take months. Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Mr. Obama all granted extensions for a few politically appointed ambassadors.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23,

www.nytimes.com...

You are lying...

Trump's edict said "No Exceptions"...

Every other President has granted exceptions for family transition.

No, you were sensationalising a narrative - again.

Even John Kirby said this was nothing unusual.

But, you pushed a narrative, quote:

Now we get to the truth, it's standard practice that all Ambassadors are fully aware of and can plan for well in advance, hardly the draconian measures you were trying to portray. We don't even know yet if any that request an extension for their personal circumstances will be granted it. Regardless they should not need to as they should be prepared. The rules are well known.

The silly fake news narrative pushed by the MSM didn't even run for very long. I think they probably knew it had no legs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the answers, I'll have to verify them though because I know the one above is incorrect. Robert Gates was announced as the Designated Survivor before Obama's inauguration:

Gates to Serve as 'Designated Successor' for Inaugural

I searched for Trumps designated survivor at the inauguration and got zip..

I assumed for security reasons they didn't announce until afterwards..It would seem dangerous.

I will be interested in what you find.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I notice your continued BS does not dispute the reality that incoming POTUS has never issued the "No Exceptions" dictate for asking ambassadors to resign on Jan. 20th.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Nothing, yet. Maybe they will announce the day before, like Gates.

Also, I did find you are correct about Pence.

edit on 15-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I notice your continued BS does not dispute the reality that incoming POTUS has never issued the "No Exceptions" dictate for asking ambassadors to resign on Jan. 20th.

I am just pleased I highlighted and discredited the fake news narrative.
There is nothing unusual about the end date for politically appointed Ambassadors and certainly no surprise to Ambassadors to the extent they would be caught not being able to manage their personal affairs.
It's best to put forward complete information.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Nothing, yet. Maybe they will announce the day before, like Gates.

Also, I did find you are correct about Pence.

Logically it would seem strange to disclose...hey, by the way..this is who we are tucking away in case everyone gets killed..

Again I could be wrong, but it might be that they don't tell until afterwards..at least that would seem a good idea.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join