It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand down Orders in place for an assassin plot?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

That's not in the OP article. In it trumps team accepted his resignation . The man didn't spin anything.
With his reputation people are gonna sieve trump over this man? Really? Come on....

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Stop being rude to me. What did I say to you to warrant it?
Suggest you look something up? Oh how terrible of me what an ass I am.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Oh how terrible of me what an ass I am.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That's not in the OP article. In it trumps team accepted his resignation . The man didn't spin anything.
With his reputation people are gonna sieve trump over this man? Really? Come on....

While it's true that Trumps team accepted his resignation, they did ask him to stay on for a few days to ensure a smooth transition. Schwartz declined to stay on and elected to step down at 12:01pm.

As for the spin... Schwartz is quoted in this article. Believe me, I was pissed when I first read this story but have since realized that the good General made his own bed.

Trump Orders DC National Guard Chief To Leave In Middle Of Inaugural Ceremony

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz told the Washington Post on Friday.

“My troops will be on the street,” he added. “I’ll see them off but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.”

Schwartz told the Post that he was not informed why he must step down abruptly on Inauguration Day.

“I’m a soldier,” he said. “I’m a presidential appointee, therefore the president has the power to remove me.”

If that ain't spin, I don't know what is....

BTW - I'm not a Trump supporter but truth is truth...

edit on 16-1-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Schwartz refused to stay on claiming his office is being packed up...even though he'll somehow manage the next four days. And he also claimed he had already notified his staff..as if he couldn't notify them of a change in plans.

His reasons were weak.

Ultimately, he had the last say on when his resignation was effective and he had no good reason to not stay on for even a few more hours. In fact, there are some very good reasons to have agreed to Trump's request.

Schwartz was the petty man, in this scenario.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Schwartz refused to stay on claiming his office is being packed up...even though he'll somehow manage the next four days. And he also claimed he had already notified his staff..as if he couldn't notify them of a change in plans.

His reasons were weak.

Ultimately, he had the last say on when his resignation was effective and he had no good reason to not stay on for even a few more hours. In fact, there are some very good reasons to have agreed to Trump's request.

It seems so, but what do you think the impact will be, if any?
It does seem pretty dangerous for the man in charge to step down when Trump is still right there on the balcony during the ceremony to swear him in.
Do you know who exactly is taking over from him at 12:01?
edit on 16/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't know who is replacing him.

Also, I wouldn't have given his resignation any thought if there wasn't so much media coverage on it...and so much conflicting info and blame-shifting. That has my feelers up.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

His reasons were weak.

That's what I'm saying as well... He was asked to stay on for a few days to transition his replacement but refused. And then he tried to spin it like he had no clue why he had to step down at 12:01pm.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Also, I wouldn't have given his resignation any thought if there wasn't so much media coverage on it...and so much conflicting info and blame-shifting. That has my feelers up.

Brigadier General William J. Walker is his replcaement.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And he got in some dig that Trump only asked him to stay on because of negative public reaction. As if that's some justification to refuse.

Seriously, Schwartz is the petty person in all of this.

Maybe it's a good thing he refused to stay on because he doesn't sound very professional or responsible to me.
edit on 16-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And he got in some dig that Trump only asked him to stay on because of negative public reaction. As if that's some justification to refuse.

Seriously, Schwartz is the petty person in all of this.

Maybe it's a good thing he refused to stay on because he doesn't sound very professional or responsible to me.

I'm confused... It sounds like you're arguing against what I said but then basically repeating the same things.

I agree that Schwartz is being petty, but don't forget that Schwartz has had a distinguished career in the Military and served as the head of the National Guard under two Presidents. First appointed by Bush. I'm sure he is more than professional.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No, I am not arguing with you, I was agreeing and supporting your points!

I don't know anything about Schwartz outside of this situation.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Reports say the National Guard general serves at the discretion of the in-coming President. That is, he's appointed, like cabinet members. So, if the current general is leaving it's because Trump hasn't asked him to stay, not because of some secret plot by Obama. But, I'm think most guys on here will still think that is some left-wing conspiracy, when it's more a result of Trump's inefficient transition team. Maybe if they spent more time in D.C., rather that in Manhattan, they'd have some clue re: what they're doing.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I am not convinced when one outlier article provides this:

But according to a senior transition official, the Trump team had not yet accepted it – and had asked Schwartz to stay on a few days past inauguration day to help ensure the event went smoothly.

(A) Transition people for Trump have famously just said stuff that often turned out not to be true.

(B) And even more the article failed to offer a name or specific title for what should be a non-controversial, factual explanation if true.

DO you have any other sources, specific names or articles to support this?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

just did some googleing...this makes sense.

He said the transition team ultimately asked him to stay in the job for a few additional days, but only after the report of his departure had been published Friday on The Washington Post website.

Schwartz said he turned down the transition team’s offer because, by then, he had begun packing up his office and notified his staff. He said he believes the offer came only as a result of the negative attention his departure attracted.

www.washingtonpost.com... b31e_story.html?utm_term=.aec45cd1a94f

Honestly...this is likely nothing sinister by the Trump Transition..just stupidity and incompetence.

One they realized they were idiots, and got bad press, they asked him to stay on, but all the wheels were in motion by then.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Brigadier General William J. Walker is his replcaement.

Thanks.

A little worrying... an Obama appt. hailing from Chicago.
edit on 16/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

DO you have any other sources, specific names or articles to support this?

The information being reported is conflicting and there seems to be a lot of blame shifting and perhaps obfuscation. This should be a simple issue to resolve:

...Military officials on Saturday backtracked from earlier statements indicating that Schwartz had not been asked to stay on by the new administration. One said he learned he had been mistaken, and that additional paperwork that became available Saturday showed that the transition team had in fact asked Schwartz to maintain his command for several days into the new presidency. That official did not know when that offer was made.

Another senior military official said he believed the offer came before Friday.

Maj. Byron Coward, a spokesman for the D.C. National Guard, also said the offer from the transition team to Schwartz came Friday afternoon. He said Trump transition officials asked Schwartz to stay on an additional three days. Coward said that was the first time Schwartz had any notion that the transition team wanted him to stay in command throughout the inauguration...

WaPo Article

AND:

Schwartz said he turned down the transition team’s offer because, by then, he had begun packing up his office and notified his staff. He said he believes the offer came only as a result of the negative attention his departure attracted.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

One they realized they were idiots, and got bad press, they asked him to stay on, but all the wheels were in motion by then.

The wheels being simply that Schwartz had started packing his office and already notified his staff.

As if he couldn't pause on packing it and simply notify his staff he was staying on a few more days...or even hours.

Those wheels could easily be stopped. He offered really weak excuses.

And the dig Schwartz got in suggesting Trump's request was due to some negative public reaction...that's petty and no justification for refusing. Even if that's true...who cares?

Apparently Trump reconsidered and there's good reason for him reconsidering.

Trump made an error, but Schwartz made a mistake:

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." -JFK

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

just did some googleing...this makes sense.

He said the transition team ultimately asked him to stay in the job for a few additional days, but only after the report of his departure had been published Friday on The Washington Post website.

www.washingtonpost.com... b31e_story.html?utm_term=.aec45cd1a94f

Honestly...this is likely nothing sinister by the Trump Transition..just stupidity and incompetence.

Thanks... I see now that Schwartz is saying exactly that.... at least that's what is being reported in this article.... no direct quote from the General though.

Source: DC National Guard Leader Asked to Stay Through Inauguration

Maj. Gen. Errol Schwartz told The Washington Post for a story published Saturday that President-elect Donald Trump's transition team asked him to continue for a few additional days after initially ordering him to step down just after Trump is sworn in.

Schwartz said he turned down the offer. He said he thinks it was made only because of the criticism his departure attracted.

So... would be great to know what the truth really is here..

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Given the last 8 years of Obama's scandals and corruption it only makes sense to not want political appointees to continue.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join