It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'Time for Republicans & Democrats to Get Together' on Health Care Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

So, religious charities should pick up the tab? How very Medieval!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I wonder how all the churches would feel about that. It's funny how people will be like, "just go to a charity/church!" without thinking about the costs if the majority population switched to such services. Yeah such advice may work on a one or two person basis, but a whole country's population is a different story.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder how all the churches would feel about that.

I'm sure they'd be fine with it as long as they could get a government grant! LOL! It's the perfect venue for the Holier than Thou to cast dispersions on those who reap God's wrath for being sick, poor or different, all the while pretending to be the arbiters of the dispensation of God's grace.

edit on 5-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It will take someone to strong arm whole industries to get cost down. Pharm industry, Medical equipment industry, American medical association, american psychological association, insurance companies

There is a boatload of money they can push at voters and congressmen. 

The GOP plan is
Making health cares savings accounts even more viable
selling insurance across state lines
small business pooling
liability reform

I don't think that is enough.
Allowing commercial distribution and sales of scripts from other approved countries(western europe, Australia, Canada) to push prices down would help. wrap it in a free trade blanket.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Nope. They break it, they own it 100%.

They've been complaining about it for what, 6 years now (and longer than that if we count when it was still being negotiated)? They've held dozens of votes in the House of Representatives to repeal it. And they've used it as a wedge issue the entire time, even proudly running political campaigns about how much of a disaster it was, how they'll repeal it on day 1, blah blah blah. Surely they have plans for what to replace it with, right?

But now that they control all levers of power in the federal government, they don't want the political liability that comes with pushing through their own agenda. If they're so correct that Obamacare is a disaster, why would they want Democrats to help "fix" it?

Oh that's right, because they want to be able to claim Democrats sabotaged their "repairs", snuck in some corrupt rider, etc. They want to find a way to blame Democrats in 2018 and 2020 for the backlash that will come if they really go through with a repeal. They also want a scapegoat if they don't follow their pledges and repeal it.

They might as well ask the left wing to help them with the Muslim database, Trump Wall, and deportation patrols. lol Good luck with that. (note: I'm being sarcastic. I don't actually wish good luck for those things.)
edit on 5-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Unfortunately you realize that most conservative voters would believe Trump if he said that dems secretly sabotaged it (regardless if they had any involvement or not) since Trump is now the authority on truth (and not those pesky non-fox news outlets/historians/scientists/scholars/video or audio recordings/etc.). We now live in an Orwellian future where we have always been at war with Democrasia. Truth is now a function of power, and only Trump has divine authority to determine it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Profusion

Can we stop the tit for tat and acting like 3 year olds? Why can't they work together on what is best for the American people? Is that really too much to ask?

I do hear you, but from my perspective things have been bad for so long there is simply no common ground left. It has become a war of finger pointing, obstruction, sabotage and shaming.

The Reps did everything they could to make the ACA fail despite what it could do to help people and ignored the fixes that would make it better and more fair for everyone. They did this the past eight years and is too much to ask the Dems now to instantly forgive them.

The ACA has a couple of parts that if fixed by Congress would solve the high premium raises, for example.

Did you know that Congress shorted insurance companies and only gave them 12% of an agreed amount for their risk management funds and so That is why the premiums are going up, not greedy insurance companies? Reps in Congress did not fund this provision in the ACA as they said they would in order to give folks a bad impression of the law.

CONGRESS failed the ACA and the American people, the law itself is not to blame.

So the Reps are at fault for the huge increases which they conveniently blame on everybody but themselves.

Given this, given their lack of care over what pain they cause the people when they can blame Democrats for it, and given they have doe just that, why on earth would the Dems help them out and put themselves in a position to be blamed for whatever goes wrong down the line? Given the treachery they've already experienced, it would not be smart to stick their necks out now.

It is a sad situation and people will get hurt more than they already have been. It will be solely on the Reps when this happens. They can try to blame the Dems for not helping, but really, they can't even decide what to do next.

I'm with you though : I wish they all could grow up.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

True. Though I refuse to believe that all or even most of his supporters are blind. I think most see and agree with what Trump & the GOP are doing, but claim ignorance when around us. And the others that disagree with what Trump & the GOP are doing probably still see Trump & the GOP as the lesser of 2 evils.

In other words, I'll hold them just as responsible as they would hold Hillary voters.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I agree with the points you're making. Unfortunately, this is how grown ups act. Grown ups all over the world and all throughout time have always been just as petty, vengeful, divisive, and corrupt.

And this toxic environment won't change as long as we keep a "winner take all" system where each "side" on an issue has to live with the rules of the other "side". If people can voluntarily opt in or opt out of a policy change, there would be a lot less tension.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Can we stop the tit for tat and acting like 3 year olds? Why can't they work together on what is best for the American people? Is that really too much to ask?

I do hear you, but from my perspective things have been bad for so long there is simply no common ground left. It has become a war of finger pointing, obstruction, sabotage and shaming.

The Reps did everything they could to make the ACA fail despite what it could do to help people and ignored the fixes that would make it better and more fair for everyone. They did this the past eight years and is too much to ask the Dems now to instantly forgive them.

The ACA has a couple of parts that if fixed by Congress would solve the high premium raises, for example.

Did you know that Congress shorted insurance companies and only gave them 12% of an agreed amount for their risk management funds and so That is why the premiums are going up, not greedy insurance companies? Reps in Congress did not fund this provision in the ACA as they said they would in order to give folks a bad impression of the law.

CONGRESS failed the ACA and the American people, the law itself is not to blame.

So the Reps are at fault for the huge increases which they conveniently blame on everybody but themselves.

Given this, given their lack of care over what pain they cause the people when they can blame Democrats for it, and given they have doe just that, why on earth would the Dems help them out and put themselves in a position to be blamed for whatever goes wrong down the line? Given the treachery they've already experienced, it would not be smart to stick their necks out now.

It is a sad situation and people will get hurt more than they already have been. It will be solely on the Reps when this happens. They can try to blame the Dems for not helping, but really, they can't even decide what to do next.

How are Repubs responsible for a bill that not a single Republican voted for? Democrats own this fustercluck. You guys had control of both houses and passed this bill in the dead of night on Christmas eve using legislative tricks. You could have passed ANYTHING YOU WANTED. Single Payer. Double Payer. Unicorns and Leprechaun healthcare. It didn't matter. The main architect of the bill, Jonathan Gruber called Democrat voters a bunch of rubes and that they purposely "used tortured language" to get you guys to support it.

Sorry, Obamacare is solely on the Democrats.

It needs to be fixed. The entire healthcare market needs to be addressed. Government created this mess with 60 years of intervention. More government is not going to fix it.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Sorry AB the Republicans did nothing...it failed all on it's own and now they are acting like 2 year olds that are pouting.
edit on 1/5/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah. After the # the Republicans pulled, the Democrats have every right not to extend an olive branch to them. I'm all for compromise, but for the ACA they better damn well let the Republicans own this policy disaster they are undertaking.

I think you mean the snip the Democrats pulled.

The ACA was their baby no Republican voted for it.

Turn about is FAIR PLAY.

Repeal that trash 'law'.
edit on 5-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Define "failure". Because last I checked the law is still on the books and still responsible for insuring some 20 million people that weren't previously insured.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah. After the # the Republicans pulled, the Democrats have every right not to extend an olive branch to them. I'm all for compromise, but for the ACA they better damn well let the Republicans own this policy disaster they are undertaking.

I think you mean the snip the Democrats pulled.

The ACA was their baby no Republican voted for it.

Turn about is FAIR PLAY.

Repeal that trash 'law'.

Go for it. Just don't expect any help from the Democrats to do it. I hope you are ready to take a # storm though.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And everyone working American who has a job is paying double now because of it! Failure!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
Both parties agree that if you take away the individual mandate, the one that gives you a great big fine at the end of the year enforced by the IRS which is 2.5% of your income (i know because i just took a class on taxes), that Obamacare can not survive. So give the people a choice instead of forcing people to spend hard earned money on an overly inflated price for a policy they can't afford to use. And allow the people who still wish to keep enrolled in the marketplace stay enrolled. Until at least something else that actually works can be put in place but for # sake quit taking my federal return just because i can't afford an actual plan....let me keep my money, i work hard enough for it....

The mandate can't be removed as long as you want to leave in the pre existing conditions provision (which everyone wants to keep). Otherwise people will just ignore insurance until they need it and not pay into the pool. Then it's just the sick paying for the sick.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And everyone working American who has a job is paying double now because of it! Failure!

Listing a downside to policy isn't the definition of "failure" in my book. Looks like a rather liberal use of the word to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Been ready.

The last eight years I have watched the D's throw a tizzy fit because they don't get their way.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just as a reminder... Jonathan Gruber and Obamacare in 2 minutes.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Im going to guess that the republican replacement will basically be the same exact thing, except they will not leave it up to the state governers to expand medicaid, they will have to expand under the new healthcare reform (Obama let them have the decision on whether to expand or not... which is the only issue where he was wrong bc the republican govs did not expand medicaid, even though it put many in danger and without insurance altogether and raised prices higher than ever), and then they will call it Trumpcare!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join