It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'Time for Republicans & Democrats to Get Together' on Health Care Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

One day after tweeting that "Dems own the failed ObamaCare disaster," President-elect Donald Trump is now urging the two parties to come together to fix it.

In three tweets early Thursday morning, Trump wrote:

"The Democrats, lead by head clown Chuck Schumer, know how bad ObamaCare is and what a mess they are in. Instead of working to fix it, they.....do the typical political thing and BLAME. The fact is ObamaCare was a lie from the beginning."Keep you doctor, keep your plan!" It is.......time for Republicans & Democrats to get together and come up with a healthcare plan that really works - much less expensive & FAR BETTER!"

LINK

I saw the recent proposal for a new "Trump Tweets" forum. I like the idea, but I think the US Political Madness forum will be the de facto "Trump Tweets" forum for at least the next four years...and that's fitting, isn't it?

I'm not surprised to hear this news from Trump. Trump wants a replacement for Obamacare. That's not happening without bipartisan support.

Watching a bipartisan health care bill being put together and passed could be the greatest political show of our lifetimes. Get ready for about a thousand threads, heated debates, and a total bloodbath.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how to repeal a law, but keep parts of the law. Isn't there a legal entanglement here? First it must be repealed, then a new law with the language the rulers want to keep. If republicans form a new law and rename it, they don't need democrats. I smell a trap.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how to repeal a law, but keep parts of the law. Isn't there a legal entanglement here? First it must be repealed, then a new law with the language the rulers want to keep. If republicans form a new law and rename it, they don't need democrats. I smell a trap.

I hope the following article explains it.

Republicans’ 4-Step Plan to Repeal the Affordable Care Act
edit on 5-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I should hope Trump expects democrats to work with him on this new Trumpcare inasmuch as republicans worked with Obama on Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I hope Democrats sit back and have no part of it, thus ensuring it's success.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What a bunch of sleaze bags. No way will democrats fall for this debacle. This one item says it all because this is what made Obamacare fail in some states and succeed in others. And hospitals will fold. But then, that is the point isn't it Mr. Republican.

"Eliminate tens of billions of dollars provided each year to states that have expanded eligibility for Medicaid."

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Lol. The Democrats are going to leave the Republicans out to dry on this one. There is no rhyme or reason why the Democrats should help the Republicans do anything involving Obamacare. After all that is the treatment they received from them for the last 8 years. Obama agrees

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Read the article I posted to the OP above this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Can we stop the tit for tat and acting like 3 year olds? Why can't they work together on what is best for the American people? Is that really too much to ask?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I should hope Trump expects democrats to work with him on this new Trumpcare inasmuch as republicans worked with Obama on Obamacare.

Cause nothing fixes problems like petty partasian bull#....

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Unfortunately I doubt the republican's will include a provision to pay for medical expenses with food stamps.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Both parties agree that if you take away the individual mandate, the one that gives you a great big fine at the end of the year enforced by the IRS which is 2.5% of your income (i know because i just took a class on taxes), that Obamacare can not survive. So give the people a choice instead of forcing people to spend hard earned money on an overly inflated price for a policy they can't afford to use. And allow the people who still wish to keep enrolled in the marketplace stay enrolled. Until at least something else that actually works can be put in place but for # sake quit taking my federal return just because i can't afford an actual plan....let me keep my money, i work hard enough for it....

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol. The Democrats are going to leave the Republicans out to dry on this one. There is no rhyme or reason why the Democrats should help the Republicans do anything involving Obamacare. After all that is the treatment they received from them for the last 8 years. Obama agrees

So you would see the country go to even more # and people to suffer just to say "ha ha ha".

How childish and immature.

edit on 5-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hello? The republicans do not need help or democrats. They have a "mandate", that's what y'all keep telling us.

link   
a reply to: roaland

I appreciate that you think it's fine I pay for your medical expenses then when you get treated for your 2nd heart attack in the emergency room (aka Trumpcare).

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I hope the following article explains it.

Republicans’ 4-Step Plan to Repeal the Affordable Care Act

Okay, let's take a look at their proposal.

1) Disarm the opposition by "defanging" the Filibuster.

2) Enact a reconciliation bill that will eviscerate the health care law. (Just vote for it now and find out what's being eviscerated later!)

. Such bills can be adopted under special fast-track procedures. But Senate rules generally bar the use of those procedures for measures that have no effect on spending or revenue.

So the legislation, as now conceived, would probably leave the most popular provisions of the health law intact, such as the prohibition on insurers’ denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Instead, the legislation would:

Eliminate the tax penalties imposed on people who go without insurance and on larger employers who do not offer coverage to employees.

I don't have a problem removing the individual mandate, so much. But, insurance companies do rely on pooling resources and funds. I DO have a problem with removing the employer mandate though. This isn't helpful to the labor class, to the economy or to the state of health care.

Eliminate tens of billions of dollars provided each year to states that have expanded eligibility for Medicaid.

Cut the social safety net, leaving millions upon millions at risk of ruin and financial disaster.

Repeal subsidies for private health insurance coverage obtained through the public marketplaces known as exchanges.

Cut the lifeline!

edit on 5-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
What? Did you read my post? Where have I ever said anything about a mandate? I think you are seriously confused. I don't care if they need the democrats...why wouldn't they help to help the American people? Are they and you that petty?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

To be fair, right after the election I said that now was the time for Republicans and Democrats to work together. I said that if we didn't then we would just see a repeat of the last 8 years. Guess which side argued against bipartisanship? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the Democrats.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

i don't go to the doctor. If i ever get forced to, as has happened in the past i pay my debts. I don't own any debt, to anyone, i pay it all off. Don't have a vehicle payment, its paid off, not the best vehicle but its all i can afford so i make it work. Don't tell me you pay my hospital bills because i pay them off myself on the rare occasion i actually have them.

See there these places called Catholic hospitals. They are non-profit, which means if you go to one and can prove you can't afford to pay, they will write off that debt and or work with you on what you can afford to pay.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is ridiculous.

Repeal it, do not replace.

Repeal even more, all the subsidies, that has led to the entire system becoming unsustainable and hyper-expensive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join