It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'Time for Republicans & Democrats to Get Together' on Health Care Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: NotToday
I don't understand what's wrong with the get a job and pay for your own healthcare plan? Unless someone's disabled or under 18 I don't see the benefit of providing them care if they can't afford it themselves? Hasn't society already made the decision their utility is not worthy of care?

For one, it's not affordable. 40% of the country makes under $10/hour, and a lot of them live in large cities where you have 3 people sharing a 1 bedroom apartment in order to cover rent. You should be able to cover insurance on 10% of your wages, but at $10/hour without taking taxes into account that would only give you a premium of $173/month. Insurance costs more than that.

If it was not affordable how was 85% the population insured the year before Obamacare? I don't think we should subsidize people's poor life decisions and lack of societial worth. There's a reason the US has the best healthcare in the world for those who can afford it and it's not because we limit profit and costs.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I don't understand what's wrong with the get a job and pay for your own healthcare plan? Unless someone's disabled or under 18 I don't see the benefit of providing them care if they can't afford it themselves? Hasn't society already made the decision their utility is not worthy of care?

yeah, and the poor people can just die?

Is that what you are saying?

That or join the military. Society has already determined their worth.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe if the new administration keeps the insurance companies from the new health care reform reconstruction the public will truly benefit from it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: roaland

sorry you are forced to take care of yourself, actually, its your duty to take care of yourself. If you don't, then others around you could suffer.

... says the proponent of subsidized healthcare. I think you should get your logic and arguments in order.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe if the new administration keeps the insurance companies from the new health care reform reconstruction the public will truly benefit from it.

Trump the ultimate businessman will side with business interest; that's why the GOP selected him. He has already shown his propensity to throw the people under the bus with his adviser and cabinet picks. Not a common man in the bunch, all politician neocons. THe ACA will essentially remain the same but Trump will just rename it and his devotees won't even see what happened and praise him for his phony BS.

ya'll got chumped out...
edit on 5-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: NotToday

That kind of Social Darwinist philosophy is what gave birth to the Final Solution.

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's not likely to happen, though. Healthcare related companies and groups make up some of the biggest clients for lobbyists in DC. That's basically hoping that the 535 elected members of Congress: 1. don't take campaign contributions from health insurance companies, 2. don't pay attention to any lobbyists that represent health insurance companies, or 3. don't have investments in health insurance companies (who would want their own investments to suffer?).

For example, this list (HERE) claims that the number 3, 4, 5, and 6 biggest spenders on lobbying last year were:

Blue Cross/Blue Shield $19,058,109
American Hospital Assn $15,454,734
American Medical Assn $15,290,000
Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America $14,717,500

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The US doesn't have the best healthcare in the world. It ranks 31st and that's because of its for profit model. As I mentioned earlier, the US is the only First World nation that takes this approach. Last time I checked the first unalienable right Jefferson listed in the Declaration of Independence was Life. Not: Life, but only if you can cover the medical bill.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

are you a Christian?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

sorry you are forced to take care of yourself, actually, its your duty to take care of yourself. If you don't, then others around you could suffer.

... says the proponent of subsidized healthcare. I think you should get your logic and arguments in order.

Please explain how my logic is not in order?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

For one, it's not affordable. 40% of the country makes under $10/hour, and a lot of them live in large cities where you have 3 people sharing a 1 bedroom apartment in order to cover rent. You should be able to cover insurance on 10% of your wages, but at $10/hour without taking taxes into account that would only give you a premium of $173/month. Insurance costs more than that.

If it was not affordable how was 85% the population insured the year before Obamacare? I don't think we should subsidize people's poor life decisions and lack of societial worth. There's a reason the US has the best healthcare in the world for those who can afford it and it's not because we limit profit and costs.

The US has the best Healthcare in the world?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes. Not necessarily the cheapest, but definitely the best. There is a reason people from other countries come here for life saving treatment.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The US doesn't have the best healthcare in the world. It ranks 31st and that's because of its for profit model. As I mentioned earlier, the US is the only First World nation that takes this approach. Last time I checked the first unalienable right Jefferson listed in the Declaration of Independence was Life. Not: Life, but only if you can cover the medical bill.

The best healthcare in the world FOR THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD IT. What about life, but only if your mother doesn't get an abortion? What about liberty, unless you don't subsidize others healthcare through your own plan then we'll fine you? Pursuit of happiness, unless you fail then we'll do it for you? Am I on a site with children?
edit on 5-1-2017 by NotToday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Yes. Not necessarily the cheapest, but definitely the best. There is a reason people from other countries come here for life saving treatment.

who comes here for better treatment (not counting third world countries)

It doesn't matter if we have the best treatment if its not affordable.

edit on 5-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Once again, the WHO ranks the US 31st in healthcare. That puts us behind Saudi Arabia. A country many on the Right consider backwards. France comes in at number one.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

are you a Christian?

No.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ok phew, I was going to go off on you if you said you were, Jesus would not have liked what you are saying.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Are you cereal?

This is your argument:

That is literally my argument, an argument against subsidized healthcare and Obamacare.

I'm beginning to understand why some of you can't afford your own healthcare.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Are you cereal?

This is your argument:

That is literally my argument, an argument against subsidized healthcare and Obamacare.

I'm beginning to understand why some of you can't afford your own healthcare.

Yes, to this trick I was saying that everyone should be forced to pay for healthcare so they do not bring down themselves, those around them, the economy in general. It should be offered to everyone though, even the poor. It should actually be based more on what you make.

However, I still do not think we are on the same page here.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

if the poor did not have heathcare, it would bring down society, whereas you think they should just die off.

I personally do not want to explain to my daughter why there are dead bodies on the side of the street. I also do not want their diseases to catch onto healthy people.

More than anything tho, I care for the well-being of all people, even those on hard times and believe that healthcare for all (even free healthcare to the poor) is beneficial to the economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join