It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

No
I don't have a creed!
Believing in something doesn't make it my creed, I believe in Satan, doesn't make him my creed, think about it

Search non creed Christianity, if you really must know

But for you, I can have a creed if I must, apostles creed or Nicene, you pick for me
edit on 2-1-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Muslims do not assimilate...
Quite the contrary they attempt to implement sharia law at every possible chance they can...
While many others still perfer to kill those opposed to Islam some still use swords or large knives but many have evolved with the times and perfer guns and explosives...
Assimilate? I dont think so...

As you can see your comment was not exclusively about terrorism so you just used deception to make it sound like I was equating terrorism with propaganda when clearly I was not.

Anyone can see the b.s. in the quote from you above comes from propaganda, all that is required is to not be dead or comatose.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You don't have to have a creed.

You believe it's true regardless.

That was my point, simply.
edit on 2-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

That was not bs i meant every word...

And just as tangible as your misconceptions...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerriblePhoenix

Cool, I am glad you understand
Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I have a creed

Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem caeli et terrae,
et in Iesum Christum, Filium Eius unicum, Dominum nostrum,
qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria Virgine,
passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus,
descendit ad infernos, tertia die resurrexit a mortuis,
ascendit ad caelos, sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis,
inde venturus est iudicare vivos et mortuos.
Credo in Spiritum Sanctum,
sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam, sanctorum communionem,
remissionem peccatorum,
carnis resurrectionem,
vitam aeternam.
Amen.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

If the Bible holds any truth, Chirstians will pay dearly for what they beleive in. I Guess these non religious People are going to hand it to us like we have never seen before in history of man kind. We wont be allowed to buy or sell unless we bear the mark. We will be forced to worship a non religious image. They are going to hunt us Down and kill us all because we wont worship their non religious ways.

Being non religious in these days are probably going to seam like the right moral side to be on for moste of you. That is at least the idea i get from seeing what non religious People Write and shout these days. I gues they to dream of a utopia without religion because that will be the solution to their problems.

But in the end they too will have been just like us christians. Bringing about their ways With brute force and murder.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think instead of "Christians", it would be far more accurate to say "the Roman Catholic Church". They went after the Christians too. Millions of them. Anyone who did not bow down to them and adopt their lies paid the price. It is taught plenty...but you have to pay attention, and seek out more information on your own, because that part of history does tend to get downplayed...the true horrors are often not adequately communicated via history classes.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I have to question your title.

This is not untaught history in the least, but broadly known and taught widely. It is not commented on very much in the media just at the moment, because it would not fit the broader narrative to do so, but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The information is out there in the wild an is part of curriculum standards. It may not appear in the curriculum of educational establishments which have been infected by the stupidity of a failure of the separation of church and state, but other than that, its broadly acknowledged!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JustTheFacts

When was the last time a whole heap of Christians outright murdered some Muslims in large numbers?

Hmmmm.... Well, you could look at the French in the late 1800s to mid 1900s for examples of largely "Christian" folks massacring hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Muslims in Algeria, and other places they held sway at the time. But that would require a certain amount of intellectual honesty on the subject, which I appreciate is an awful lot to ask, given that the worlds powers are bent on turning people away from reason and wisdom.

Or... you know, the last twenty years of Western interference in the affairs of the Middle East, the setting up of proxy armies (terror networks) by the CIA and other international partners, including the British intelligence services, which spawned a situation so severe that entire nations have been toppled, leaders dethroned and murdered, and MILLIONS of people have been blown apart in wars for profit, by soldiery who did what they did for God and country, to "protect their way of life" from organisations which would have no power without the involvement of our own intelligence agencies... Thats a pretty big, recent activity that kind of places things in perspective.
edit on 2-1-2017 by TrueBrit because: added detail.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Oh, you mean the Roman Catholic Church. You should change your title to "Church Of Rome" or better yet Vatican forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword, and killed about 50 million Christians who refused to bow to the Pope's blasphemies.

Oh please, the non stop blaming of the Catholic church, why don't you look into the non-Catholic's history too?
The pilgrims were Protestants and they killed and enslaved thousands of natives. They were as cruel as the Spanish conquistadores.

It doesn't matter which denomination of Christianity they were from, they all did the same.

All in the name of a guy who most likely never existed.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JustTheFacts

When was the last time a whole heap of Christians outright murdered some Muslims in large numbers?

Hmmmm.... Well, you could look at the French in the late 1800s to mid 1900s for examples of largely "Christian" folks massacring hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Muslims in Algeria, and other places they held sway at the time. But that would require a certain amount of intellectual honesty on the subject, which I appreciate is an awful lot to ask, given that the worlds powers are bent on turning people away from reason and wisdom.

Good show!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have a creed

remissionem peccatorum,
carnis resurrectionem,
vitam aeternam.
Amen.

Interesting, that you think I care about your creed is mind boggling.

That you wrote it in Latin means I don't know what it says, which defeats the purpose entirely.

"I have a creed"

"...Latin words..."

Is what I got out of that.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Cheers

Yes, I understand. It's not much my concern the type of spirituality you engage in.

I simply wanted to point out that the lying manipulators gave you the religion and Bible you have which would not exist as is without the intervention of Roman Theocracy and that wonderful man Constantine!

Rome was a haven of tolerance for any religion as long as you paid lip service to the Emporer you could do as you pleased, and they flourished.

Theocracy turned them into heresy hunters and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible and it's concept of religious superiority to justify untold horrors because Joshua conquered Canaan for Yahweh or some other excuse based on a story in the Bible.

You should at least thank them for giving you the Bible though, lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity so are we any better because we are not Catholic?

Rotten tree, rotten fruit.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The thing is that Christs conduct in the Bible is compassionate. He does not kill, nor torture, does not oppress nor does he shun. He breaks bread with those who were cast out, breaks tradition (at least that of his time) repeatedly, rewrites the contract between man and God simply by living and dying the way he did.

These are things which are good. Man however, has sought to twist his words and deeds, and I suspect edit things into his utterances that were never meant to be there, for their own nefarious purpose.

This is why I pay more attention when he tells us to love one another, to treat one another as we would wish to be treated ourselves, not to judge because we are not fit to do so. These are messages which resonate with what I believe to have been his true intent as a man and as an entity, they do not contradict the idea that he was a loving and compassionate man. That is the concept I follow. All else falls away beneath this fundamental approach.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I have a creed

remissionem peccatorum,
carnis resurrectionem,
vitam aeternam.
Amen.

Interesting, that you think I care about your creed is mind boggling.

That you wrote it in Latin means I don't know what it says, which defeats the purpose entirely.

"I have a creed"

"...Latin words..."

Is what I got out of that.

A quick C&P into googs or bing brings up a translation of the 'Apostles Creed' >>>>

I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

simple.wikipedia.org...

Ya welcome.
edit on 2-1-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Cheers

Yes, I understand. It's not much my concern the type of spirituality you engage in.

I simply wanted to point out that the lying manipulators gave you the religion and Bible you have which would not exist as is without the intervention of Roman Theocracy and that wonderful man Constantine!

Rome was a haven of tolerance for any religion as long as you paid lip service to the Emporer you could do as you pleased, and they flourished.

Theocracy turned them into heresy hunters and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible and it's concept of religious superiority to justify untold horrors because Joshua conquered Canaan for Yahweh or some other excuse based on a story in the Bible.

You should at least thank them for giving you the Bible though, lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity so are we any better because we are not Catholic?

"and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible"

- and you started Off so well.
If you fail to see that 'catholicism' is a mimick-christianity,
started by Constantine who was a pagan and his mother a witch who spiritually ruled him,
under motto "if you cant beat 'em join 'em" ,

then why make a comment, alltogether...?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

Cheers

started by Constantine who was a pagan and his mother a witch who spiritually ruled him,

What on earth gives you the impression that:

A. I didn't know Catholicism had pagan roots?

B. I am incorrect in stating the Bible was used to justify untold horrors?

I of course know as does everyone who cares that Catholicism had pagan tendencies, it was never an issue so I happened not to need to mention it because regardless the Bible WAS used to justify untold horrors.

From Constantine until the end of slavery in America and to a degree still today.

What do you think you are accomplishing with your short rant anyway?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I actually didn't ask for anything and don't need it but I suppose thank you for taking the time to inform me that was the Apostles Creed in Latin, which is what I think you did.

I won't be rude because there is no reason to be but I honestly wish you hadn't taken your time to do so because I honestly can't stand creeds, especially ones that claim God is 1, 3, and 1 and turn a human into God.

Which the apostles never thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

Cheers

What on earth gives you the impression that:

A. I didn't know Catholicism had pagan roots?

B. I am incorrect in stating the Bible was used to justify untold horrors?

I of course know as does everyone who cares that Catholicism had pagan tendencies, it was never an issue so I happened not to need to mention it because regardless the Bible WAS used to justify untold horrors.

From Constantine until the end of slavery in America and to a degree still today.

What do you think you are accomplishing with your short rant anyway?

Probably because you're sending out a double message.
I've read the post again and yes it's context can tell that you knew catholicism but 'used' scripture.
My apology.

..but then you continue with absurd lines like this,
"... lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity "

so - please dont blame others for misinterpreting your post.
edit on 2-1-2017 by loNeNLI because: text

edit on 2-1-2017 by loNeNLI because: text

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join