It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Christians follow Christ and his teachings. I think you are referring to the Catholic church. They do not follow the teachings of Christ. The say men can forgive your sins, and a lot of other silly things. There are Catholics that follow Christ though. Its kind of like Masons. There are a lot of good ones that mean to do good, and believe in the living God, but rest assured when they reach the 33rd, they know exactly who they are serving, and it is Lucifer. I believe that the Pope is serving Lucifer, not Christ. The Vatican is all about money and power. Mammon. That is Satan.

So now you know the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Its not a pissing contest! Killing anyone in the name of god is just evil!

Islam and Christians can go to hell, im making my own religion and calling it PS4!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Todays politicians and corporate elites are the Sadducees and Pharisees of yesteryear and IF he were to come (back) to Earth, the target of his damnation would undoubtedly be those keeping average Joe in a perpetual state of make-believe reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
im making my own religion and calling it PS4!

Lord X-Box will not be impressed with your blasphemy....heathen.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you are really interested in learning about the crusades, this is an excellent video.

It is fully sourced for further exploration and confirmation.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If you didn't learn all about this in history class, then you weren't paying attention. Not only was this taught, but no leftist ever lets a Christian forget and they constantly use it to justify everything Islam does today.

So use some intellectual honesty here.

Was it wrong for Catholics to do it then? In which case, it's also wrong for Muslims to do what they do today. Or if you excuse Islam using this excuse, then it was likewise excusable for the Catholics to have done it then.

You cannot have it both ways.

I have never heard anybody argue that Muslim extremists (NOT ISLAM) harming non believers is okay because Christians committed similar atrocities in the past. Who says that? Usually people bring that stuff up to show that religion as a whole has done more harm than good. It's also fun to point out how hypocritical it is for a Christian to slam Islam over what fundamentalists do, when their religion did the same thing and was also spread by the sword by fundamentalists.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So you are a Christian who follows Jesus?
And your religion is superior to catholicism?
How is it that Christ founded the Catholic church through Saint Peter yet is the church of satan?
On this rock I will build my church... Funny how Saint Peters bones lay far beneath the Vatican...
Also quite remarkable how you a christian cast judgement upon the Catholic church the faith which Christ himself founded...
No religion is without men as leaders...
None are without sin...

But it is true that evil has penetrated deep within the core of the Catholic church and the sins of some leaders is an offense to the Lord and to true believers of the faith...
This will not be allowed forever and the structure and leadership of the Vatican will be altared...

If you sin against me and ask me for forgivness and I forgive you... Know it was a man who forgave you...
Jesus lived his life as a man he died for your sins and forgave you as a man...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I was taught this in school, so yes, it was taught. And, yes, it was the Roman Catholic Church. And yes... this was centuries ago while today, Islamic fundamentalists are taking swords to anyone who don't bow to their religion. So, your point is?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

You still don't understand

True Christianity is not a religion. The scriptures teach that it is a personal relationship with the Living God, through Jesus Christ (Yeshua) . That relationship begins with acknowledgement, and confession of sins directly to God through Jesus. It is a free gift that must be accepted directly, and not through any other human.

Remember the religious leaders in Jesus day??????

Do I get through to you?
All these answers are right in your bible. Get one if you don't have one. There is power in the word. Claim it for yourself

edit on 2-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Many Popes have declared that salvation is only through the Catholic Church, which denies that salvation is through Jesus Christ.

Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Luke 22:24-27; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; 1st Corinthians 3:11). Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that "there is no real 1st century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome."

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I know of the religious leaders of the Lords day... They persecuted him and falsely accussed him because they thought they were superior to him and his beliefs...
Thanks for bringing them up you have alot in common with them...

Don't condescend to me it is as offensive as your untruths...

I wont bother to get through to you though its rather clear you delight in yourself...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Then listen to Infolurker. He is a Christian and knows what he is talking about.
What I have told you is what Gods word says. Calling Gods word lies, is not wise.

PS I delight ion the Lord. The King of Kings. The Living God of Israel

edit on 2-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Personally I think crusading isjust the label we put on imperialism. Similarly, racism might be applied to slavery. So a nation wants to conquer a people or another country for resource wealth and growth, but history remembers it as a religious crusade. Greedy employers--remembered as racists--use slave labour to cut costs and don't sweat details, and don't stop until the government prohibits it and hunts the lawbreakers, militarily if necessary. Oh sure religious fanatics exist, so do racists. But all too often there's a resource need or want behind all of it, assisting it or primarily responsible for its existence.

But we're fast coming to a time now when coordinating our efforts peacefully and TOGETHER is survival. The planet is shrinking. Threats on one corner can spread fast. Also machines and computers have freed us some. In fact, technology not only has shrunk the planet it has also made it easier for companies to automate repetitive tasks. Establishing everybody as the in-group is the aim now. This will mean less conflict. Someday we'll encounter aliens or maybe factions will break and go off-planet and then the mayhem returns.

Imagine we all used to live some distance apart and we routinely opposed and avoided each other. Times changed and the distance disappeared and we soon found ourselves in one single house. We were forced to make peace. We couldn't ignore each other anymore and the more we got to know each other the more like family we became. We became in-group.

We all ultimately are like one person, but distance and time and circumstance separates us. It's at the root of conflict. Teh further away we're from each other the more the fog confuses us and makes us fight one another.

EDIT: My belief is conservation of energy, or the adherence to harsh physical reality, is the origin point for all our morality. So if something makes conservation sense it eventually is known as good to us.
edit on 1/2/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Many popes this many popes that...
Jesus Christ said "I am the truth the light and the way no man comes to the Father but through me"
The Popes are just men doing what they can they are just men and say and do things that are not always right... They are human and prone to making mistakes but so are we...
Who was Peter? Where did he and the others go after Christ died? Whay transpired because of this?
Which religion was founded? Who's bones are underneath the Vatican?
God is the head of the Church but Gods church is still built on the Peter the rock...

edit on 2-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

You still don't understand

True Christianity is not a religion. The scriptures teach that it is a personal relationship with the Living God, through Jesus Christ (Yeshua) . That relationship begins with acknowledgement, and confession of sins directly to God through Jesus. It is a free gift that must be accepted directly, and not through any other human.

Remember the religious leaders in Jesus day??????

Do I get through to you?

Religion says if I do this then God will do that. Religion turns God into a celestial bellhop. Religion is what has killed and maimed in the name of God though out history. If you do this then God will let you slide on those little sins and if you give more then Hey we can get God to let you out of purgatory or let you indulge in more fleshly lust without paying the price since you've already paid up front. That is what religion is all about!
All these answers are right in your bible. Get one if you don't have one. There is power in the word. Claim it for yourself

edit on 2-1-2017 by PhilbertDezineck because: edited posting

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I can't agree. I have read history since I was a boy. Any unbiased source will include details about pagans being persecuted by christians. It's funny....I remember one book, about Roman history, putting it this way: Christianity came to power in the empire with the ascension of Constantine I to the imperial throne. Not only did christians instantly begin persecuting pagans, destroying centers of worship and preventing ceremonies, they also began forcing conversion.

That isn't a quote; just how I remember the text. My point is this information is not concealed in any serious history text. Yes, you probably won't read about these events in a high school history textbook. Perhaps not even a college text these days.

I remember reading about one nation. Say..oh...around 1000 AD give or take a few hundred years. Can't remember the name. At the time the people were pagans under pressure from christians and muslims to convert. Anyhow this nations aristocracy converted to Judaism to avoid religious politics and influence from Constantinople(christian) and Baghdad(muslim). I remember thinking what a brilliant coup the nation pulled off. Giving the finger to both christians and muslims and denying them religious influence in the nation at the same time.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Perhaps no one organized religion claiming to be God's Kingdom on earth has committed more heinous acts to force conversations of people in newly conquered territory including South America.

Always it's because the people were pagan and needed to be "civilized" though many of these "pagan heathens" were far more civil than the Catholic Church, even civilised.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The Rock is Jesus not Peter.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Are you trying to say its okay for Muslims to kill people because other groups have killed people throughout history?

Where did the OP say anything about Islam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join