It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Remember people were largely uneducated upto about say 1500 ad, couldn't read, so the clergy told people what to do and think
The clergy, powers of the church lied to the people and manipulated them

These clergymen who "lied" and "manipulated" people also decided the contents of and edited, the Bible.

If they can't be trusted because they lie and manipulate then they are not trustworthy to decide what is scripture and isn't. Or to decide what the "truth" is when it comes to interpreting the Bible, something never abandoned by Protestants and other sects of Christianity.

That about makes your religion flimsy, that and the Nicene Creed and the connection to and debt owed Constantine and terrorism to spread their STATE THEOCRACY which would be synonymous with the Roman Empire until it fell.

Even after they would travel the world imposing their will in the name of Christ torturing "heathens" until they accepted Christ.

Christ would be proud!

And these people are who you trust gave you the true story of Jesus!

Ha!

Anyway, most empires did the same, Mao, pol pot, Stalin, just called it atheism and killed all those of faith if they didn't denounce their faith
Go figure

How odd, it doesn't matter if you have a Theocracy or state atheism, you can still have evil like genocide!

Who knew?:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: CB328

You don't hear about it because nothing has changed. Now Christians are Republican party with total power. Pucker up for four years of laws directed at you to take and give to rich.

I guess puckering up for a kiss is a lot better than bending over for the last 8 years.
That kiss will be more jobs better trade deals and simpler taxes.
Taxes that will not take 5 grand a year from me and give it to someone with 6 kids who did not pay any taxes at all.

Star and amen brother.Like we owe the world a living we have to break our backs for?Wtf..

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
So we should definitely be cool with it if Muslims convert us at the point of a sword because somebody else did it historically. That makes so much sense now. Why didnt I think of that?!

(Not christian fyi)

Nobody should be cool with that, if it were even a real possibility or desire of Muslims.

I don't think Islam is coming to any Western nations to spread Islam by the sword or at all, they don't exactly concentrate on conversion like evangelical missionaries or the Inquisition and its agents or whoever was responsible for enhanced conversion or as you say, "by the sword."

They assimilate like everyone else and enjoy their freedom in the West.

I think maybe they have gotten a bad rap because we went to war against Middle East nations that happen to be Muslim for reasons not connected to Muslim terrorists, unless you still believe bin Laden and Al Qaeda pulled off 9/11, though I seriously hope you have figured out that was b.s. by now.

And because the world stood by and let future Israelis illegally invade and annex legitimate Palestinian territories until almost swallowing it whole and making Palestine a prison nation and most hazardous place on earth because Israel constantly attacks and terrorises its citizens and doesn't value the life of Palestinians.

Israel's government that is.

The story is always Palestinians did this, radical Islam did that and every attack against them is covert and ignored by the press.

The conditions in Palestine and Syria have made one a prison and the other desolate in areas once populated, post WW2 Berlin wasn't as heavily decimated as parts of Syria.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

Yes and they are reasonably valid points, probably even valid if we didn't have access to the original documents that have been in existence since they were written

I have access through the computer to everything that has Ben written

As for the Nicene creed, that's great, I am not a credal Christian, I don't have a creed, there are many like me

So yes, I do trust some people, doesn't mean I don't learn and study outside of those people

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I didn't think he was, could tell he was not and it doesn't matter.

ALL Bibles are Catholic, they are responsible for the Bible and especially the New Testament whether you are Catholic or not.

Which was the crux of my message.
edit on Mon Jan 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Muslims do not assimilate...
Quite the contrary they attempt to implement sharia law at every possible chance they can...
While many others still perfer to kill those opposed to Islam some still use swords or large knives but many have evolved with the times and perfer guns and explosives...
Assimilate? I dont think so...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Tell me one thing in the Nicene Creed you DON'T believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Yes and they are reasonably valid points, probably even valid if we didn't have access to the original documents that have been in existence since they were written

Those documents are Catholic property and not original so I guess my points are valid after all!

As for the Nicene creed, that's great, I am not a credal Christian, I don't have a creed, there are many like me

So yes, I do trust some people, doesn't mean I don't learn and study outside of those people

I believe I have made my point. Thanks for your cooperation.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, I've heard a little about this in recent years but never in much detail. After seeing it mentioned in a video today I started Googling it and sure enough, there is a fair amount of information about how the Christians in Roman and later times forced many tribes and nations to convert to Christianity and killed a lot of people who resisted in the process.

It's really strange that we never hear about this in history, and of course you won't hear it in church that's for sure. The more I compare Christian (and Jewish) and Pagan beliefs the more I think that the pagan ones are better. At least they're based on real things and address real issues of people surviving in the world instead of imaginary beings and whose imaginary beings are better than who's.

www.heretication.info...

www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

www.hurstwic.org...

*sigh*
dont even know where to start with that one.

perhaps some basics,
'christians' were those who were slaughtered en masse by roman empire.
Then that same roman empire adopted a pagan [!] mimick-type-christianity.
Then the latter went around to go convert by sword.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Muslims assimilate all the time in Europe and America you are not being honest or are misinformed becaue it's a fact.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The human race have been killing each other for just about every reason imaginable since well before Christianity.

Christians killed Heathens. Heathens killed Christians. Heathens killed Heathens. Christians killed Christians.

Well, you gotta have some sort of hobby!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Muslims do not assimilate...
Quite the contrary they attempt to implement sharia law at every possible chance they can...
While many others still perfer to kill those opposed to Islam some still use swords or large knives but many have evolved with the times and perfer guns and explosives...
Assimilate? I dont think so...

Sounds like someone has been over exposed to anti Islamic propaganda.

Seriously, you need to wake up. I live in a city with assimilated Muslims and know they do so every chance they get.

Sharia is not imposed in non Sharia nations and is for Muslims and not non Muslims so no reason to impose it, it's part of the people who accept its religion.

Like Halakha, which Israel does want to impose and does on it's non Halakhic citizens as a condition of residence.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerriblePhoenix

I think the Nicene creed is great, I am just not a credal christian

Tell me why I can't accept the Nicene creed as valid but need it to be my creed as a christian

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Those documents are Catholic property and not original so I guess my points are valid after all!

I believe I have made my point. Thanks for your cooperation.

No, but believe what you want

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Acts of terrorism by muslims are now to be defined as anti islamic propaganda?

Im not the one who's dreaming...
edit on 2-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I think the Nicene creed is great, I am just not a credal christian

Tell me why I can't accept the Nicene creed as valid but need it to be my creed as a christian

My only concern was its Catholic origins and your acceptance of it, all that other stuff I don't care about you just said something about not having any creeds that sounded like you were denying it so I wanted to know what part, simple as that.

You do live by the creed if you believe it is true, by default or intentionally it's all the same.
edit on 2-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Acts of terrorism by muslims are now to be defined as anti islamic propaganda?

Im not the one who's dreaming...

Not what I said.

Your words were b.s. that came from propaganda and have no basis in fact.

Propaganda.

Terrorists are rare in Islam considering the enormous amount of them, it's really not hard to understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join