It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: CB328

I would't say Pagans are better, after all some do/did have horrible practices within them, but they do tend to leave others with their belief in tact, the Abrahamic faiths cannot share space with others sooner or later they will start stuff with you.

Precisely. You know, since I left the religious box, I have encountered so many different types of people. What I've found is, there are GOOD people in this world (and yes, that would include gay's). Are they perfect? No. They struggle with all the same things everyone else does.
Here's the think I've also found....Christians are some of the most condescending, judgmental, people out there (esp. online). Not all of them are...but, many. Christians also aren't "free in Christ". They struggle with all the same stuff those "in the world" do. It's kinda ridiculous how Christians think they are on higher ground, simply by believing in Jesus (of course, that would be Pauline doctrine). However, just about every Christian I know have just as many hang ups, struggles, addictions to "something", you name it. There IS NO DIFFERENCE. Oh, except the assurance that they are going to heaven and everyone else who doesn't believe, isn't. Jeesh.
Bottom line is, we are all HUMAN BEINGS who desire happiness, love, companionship, hope, etc. It's tough to get it on this messed up planet. But, Christians don't have the market cornered on those things.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I would't say Pagans are better, after all some do/did have horrible practices within them, but they do tend to leave others with their belief in tact, the Abrahamic faiths cannot share space with others sooner or later they will start stuff with you.

Paganism is literally any form of nature worship, the sun being the most common and the earth as well.

Other than that there are myriads of pagan religions some practice human sacrifice but for the most part they cause no trouble and human sacrifice is rare and extreme.

In addition polytheism has been taken to mean paganism and visa versa which is not something you did, just an interesting fact.

But polytheism is multiple gods in a pantheon of beings and not about nature worship, usually has a High God and is more like monotheism with angels vs paganism.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Hi 5star

The apostle Peter never founded the catholic church, that is a fallacy. The catholic church was formed at the time when Constantine came into power centuries later. He mixed paganism with Christianity to gain his position of power. At the time Christianity had grown to at least 30% of the population and growing.

youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328 Most people think that true Christianity that Jesus taught & told his disciples to preach & teach were those that forced, coerced, imorisioned, tortured & killed were true Christians. They were/ are not. These that committed such atrocious acts were/ are of Christendom of Catholicism.

I invite you to do more research & you will find out that it was Catholicism/ Christendom that comes in the guise of real Christianity taught from the Bible.

To help you to understand just how wicked they were, what little their clergy taught from the Bible was in Latin; a language that the people stopped using. The clergy also spoke Latin, but refused to teach it to the common people. If people attempted to learn Latin to read the Bible or attempted to translate the Bible from Latin to their language brought on servere consequences.

No, these were not true Christians. They were/ are nothing but counterfeit. If you look closely & compare their teachings and weight of living to the Bible you can see their teachings and way of life doesn't line up.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Transparent
You're going to run into a logical problem when trying to pin the acts of Christendom on Catholicism exclusively.

Hypocrisy, a real issue for those who profess to be Christians (face the facts, learn from the past: US and Nazi Germany compared).

edit on 14-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Churchians and Romans have never been Christian.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Churchians and Romans have never been Christian.

A fact. What we have now are judge it and purge it cults.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharparrow
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Hi 5star

The apostle Peter never founded the catholic church, that is a fallacy. The catholic church was formed at the time when Constantine came into power centuries later. He mixed paganism with Christianity to gain his position of power. At the time Christianity had grown to at least 30% of the population and growing.

youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Wow someone that knows their history! Thank you for that!

Christendom never sought to dominate anyone or anything , other than spread its message and let people do w it what they would, true Christianity anyway....

It wasn't until an already established "god king" got ahold of it was it used as a weapon, go figure

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

untaught history

my school taught it

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, I've heard a little about this in recent years but never in much detail. After seeing it mentioned in a video today I started Googling it and sure enough, there is a fair amount of information about how the Christians in Roman and later times forced many tribes and nations to convert to Christianity and killed a lot of people who resisted in the process.

It's really strange that we never hear about this in history, and of course you won't hear it in church that's for sure. The more I compare Christian (and Jewish) and Pagan beliefs the more I think that the pagan ones are better. At least they're based on real things and address real issues of people surviving in the world instead of imaginary beings and whose imaginary beings are better than who's.

www.heretication.info...

www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

www.hurstwic.org...

You need to learn your history. Christianity was used by monarchs to control the population. Had nothing to do with christianity. Other religions were tolerated fine if the King didnt have a problem with it. Kings would use laws against heretics to get rid of enemies. Your trying to hold christians responsible for what kings and queens did to their people.

As far as religions they are all the same ultimately whoever is in charge uses them to control people. But i will say what is deemed christian nations tend not to kill there own population. So being a citizen in a christian nation gives you a degree of safety other do not have.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: Transparent
You're going to run into a logical problem when trying to pin the acts of Christendom on Catholicism exclusively.

How can people forget the burning of accused witches by protestants in the American colonies? It only stopped because the accusations started to encompass the wife of a rich and powerful man. As long as they were burning country people, the Christians were fine with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If anyone missed it btw (which I don't think you did because you were talking about protestants), try to take special note of my usage of the word "exclusively".

Here's another reminder for people commenting here:

Christendom is not Christianity.

Christendom is a collective name for all religions that profess (or claim) to be Christian (or following Christ, representing Christ, etc.).

Christianity is actually doing what he said his followers should do (which includes sticking to bible teachings and not contradicting those with teachings about a Triune God, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, the doctrine of the immortal soul and accompanying doctrine of literal hellfire, the doctrine of 'sola fide', faith alone in order to be saved, promoting faith without works, i.e. dead faith, hypocrisy, more hypocrisy, some twisting, and then some more hypocrisy; don't forget the philosophy of agnostic vagueness where supposedly you can't know some things for certain that are clearly explained in the bible, God supposedly being a mystery so you just have to take some things on faith regarding some of these teachings about God even though they directly contradict what the bible is unambiguously teaching or because someone says it was revealed to them by God or by the holy spirit, etc.).
edit on 18-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your post just gave me an headache.
"I love Islamic terrorists because I think Christians are bad."
Do you even read what you type?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As it is Written,

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls. She held in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality.

This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth.

I could see that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and of the witnesses for Jesus. And I was greatly astonished at the sight of her.

They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while.

The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.
edit on 3-5-2017 by UltimateVeritatis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UltimateVeritatis

And this is where we separate the sheep from the wolves. Sadly not many want to pick up the bible because they think they know better. Since you are closer to real awakening than 98% of people on this planet. I invite you to view the REAL Christian history. Jam packed with facts.

However, once you learn this truth there is no going back. This is what i consider to be the true red pill. This is what turned me into a Christian. Truth does change people. but it comes as bitter sweet. Not a happy ending.

I also recommend to stick with the King James only. There is a reason why the Jesuits wanted to destroy the King James Bible under guy fawkes. Anything the illuminati wants to destroy should be cherished. Because chances are, that there is something there that they do not want you to know or teach others.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Anything the illuminati wants to destroy should be cherished. Because chances are, that there is something there that they do not want you to know or teach others.

First off....King James was a pervert. Second....the hierarchy's of the early church (aka...RCC), destroyed the GNOSTICS (do you cherish THEM?) ,and anyone else who didn't hold to their "Nicene Creed" (thanks to Constantine), who was NOT a true believer. Christianity is nothing but other pagan religions, with names changed. Do some study on Mithraism. Heck, do some study on all the pagan religions BEFORE Christianity. They are the same religion...just made more palatable by changing a few names.
Let me see...oh, the Library of Alexandria was destroyed (no telling where all those books went). And it was the ILLUMINATI who did it (whoever they actually were back in those days).
Religion (including Christianity) are controlling mechanisms.
All churches are businesses. How did that happen??
It happened because a false apostle in "your book" high jacked the true message that Jesus came to give us.
Do you listen to HIM? Or Paul? You can't have both.
Can you even hear the difference between them?
The Bible is a book...that's all. It is not God.

Who is the wolf in sheep's clothing?

edit on 3-5-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: MOMof3

If anyone missed it btw (which I don't think you did because you were talking about protestants), try to take special note of my usage of the word "exclusively".

Here's another reminder for people commenting here:

Christendom is not Christianity.

Christendom is a collective name for all religions that profess (or claim) to be Christian (or following Christ, representing Christ, etc.).

Christianity is actually doing what he said his followers should do (which includes sticking to bible teachings and not contradicting those with teachings about a Triune God, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, the doctrine of the immortal soul and accompanying doctrine of literal hellfire, the doctrine of 'sola fide', faith alone in order to be saved, promoting faith without works, i.e. dead faith, hypocrisy, more hypocrisy, some twisting, and then some more hypocrisy; don't forget the philosophy of agnostic vagueness where supposedly you can't know some things for certain that are clearly explained in the bible, God supposedly being a mystery so you just have to take some things on faith regarding some of these teachings about God even though they directly contradict what the bible is unambiguously teaching or because someone says it was revealed to them by God or by the holy spirit, etc.).

Well....then, what the heck do you need Paul for?? I mean, Jesus pretty much kept it simple....love
God and love your neighbor as yourself....(or just...love others). I even extend that love to the other sentient beings on this planet...like animals.
It's not rocket science, and all the junk posted just gets lost in rhetoric and doctrine.
Love God...love people...and love animals. Can't get more simple than that, man.

Just don't go to a "Christian potluck". That "mercy" is only for humans, don't ya know.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join