It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: CB328

I would't say Pagans are better, after all some do/did have horrible practices within them, but they do tend to leave others with their belief in tact, the Abrahamic faiths cannot share space with others sooner or later they will start stuff with you.

Precisely. You know, since I left the religious box, I have encountered so many different types of people. What I've found is, there are GOOD people in this world (and yes, that would include gay's). Are they perfect? No. They struggle with all the same things everyone else does.
Here's the think I've also found....Christians are some of the most condescending, judgmental, people out there (esp. online). Not all of them are...but, many. Christians also aren't "free in Christ". They struggle with all the same stuff those "in the world" do. It's kinda ridiculous how Christians think they are on higher ground, simply by believing in Jesus (of course, that would be Pauline doctrine). However, just about every Christian I know have just as many hang ups, struggles, addictions to "something", you name it. There IS NO DIFFERENCE. Oh, except the assurance that they are going to heaven and everyone else who doesn't believe, isn't. Jeesh.
Bottom line is, we are all HUMAN BEINGS who desire happiness, love, companionship, hope, etc. It's tough to get it on this messed up planet. But, Christians don't have the market cornered on those things.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: CB328

I would't say Pagans are better, after all some do/did have horrible practices within them, but they do tend to leave others with their belief in tact, the Abrahamic faiths cannot share space with others sooner or later they will start stuff with you.

Paganism is literally any form of nature worship, the sun being the most common and the earth as well.

Other than that there are myriads of pagan religions some practice human sacrifice but for the most part they cause no trouble and human sacrifice is rare and extreme.

In addition polytheism has been taken to mean paganism and visa versa which is not something you did, just an interesting fact.

But polytheism is multiple gods in a pantheon of beings and not about nature worship, usually has a High God and is more like monotheism with angels vs paganism.

new topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join