It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So, I've heard a little about this in recent years but never in much detail. After seeing it mentioned in a video today I started Googling it and sure enough, there is a fair amount of information about how the Christians in Roman and later times forced many tribes and nations to convert to Christianity and killed a lot of people who resisted in the process.

It's really strange that we never hear about this in history, and of course you won't hear it in church that's for sure. The more I compare Christian (and Jewish) and Pagan beliefs the more I think that the pagan ones are better. At least they're based on real things and address real issues of people surviving in the world instead of imaginary beings and whose imaginary beings are better than who's.

www.heretication.info...

www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

www.hurstwic.org...

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Oh, you mean the Roman Catholic Church. You should change your title to "Church Of Rome" or better yet Vatican forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword, and killed about 50 million Christians who refused to bow to the Pope's blasphemies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, Vol. 2:

“That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind will be questioned by no Protestant who has a complete knowledge of history.” Some historians estimate that over 50 million lives (mostly Christians from Christ’s true Church), were taken by this so-called “holy” Inquisition to which they have never apologized.

Throughout recorded history, no organization on the face of the planet has hunted down and killed more Christians than the Roman Catholic Church.

The Woman is Drunken With Blood--at the instigation of her popes, Rome has shed rivers of blood of Christians who would not bow down to the Pope and Roman Catholic heresies and blasphemies--the martyrs of Jesus

Former Roman Catholic priest Bernard Fresenborg in his book Thirty Years in Hell puts it at a higher number--

Authentic history, and history that cannot be denied nor disputed, nor even questioned, gives the appalling record of 70,500,000 Protestants who were slain by the greatest curse the world has ever known--Roman Catholicism.

edit on 1-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
without reading your attachments - I have to ask - when was the last time this happened ?
Now tell me the last time Islam did this to Christians - the last I remember was just a few months.
The times have changed for some but not others.
Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well there was a thread that discusses how the early Christians were silenced by the Vatican simply because they don't toe the line with their doctrine. The Vatican silenced a lot people especially so-called 'Heretics' Native Americans for speaking against them.
edit on 1/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Annnd...?

This is hardly news. Those stories, or history if you prefer, have been known for centuries.

The conspiracy is?

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If you didn't learn all about this in history class, then you weren't paying attention. Not only was this taught, but no leftist ever lets a Christian forget and they constantly use it to justify everything Islam does today.

So use some intellectual honesty here.

Was it wrong for Catholics to do it then? In which case, it's also wrong for Muslims to do what they do today. Or if you excuse Islam using this excuse, then it was likewise excusable for the Catholics to have done it then.

You cannot have it both ways.
edit on 1-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mostly it was the Roman government using the pretense of Christianity to control conquered people.Not being done today but Islamists are carrying out their faith and killing everyone who doesn`t convert that they can.The Apostles didn`t go conquering cities and slaughtering people to convert them,Contrast the First Christians to the first Islamists.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A lot of bad things were done in the name of God in the past. Strange that Jesus actually tried to spread peace and good will and they developed a violent religion out of that.

Maybe they had a hard time with the reading part and thought it was Fleece and good kill

edit on 1-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Annnd...?

This is hardly news. Those stories, or history if you prefer, have been known for centuries.

The conspiracy is?

My sentiments exactly, where is the conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse Most people couldn`t read till the last 2 or three hundred years and were told what suited the leaders agenda,Just the same as Jim Jone,Koresh and other false prophets.Jesus warned that people like that would come along and they sure did.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

America was overrun by the Spanish who conquered the Inca, Maya, Native Americans and more and forced conversion or death. Some choice...

We've always been taught about this subject back in grade school!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Do you really think that word didn't get around? Folks knew about the crusades called by the Church, and not just the ones to the Holy Land, there were several called against fellow Christians in Europe. You think folks in Europe didn't know about those?

Repent or die has been, still is, a rather common practice by many religions. Nothing new under the sun, if you will.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Right?

Why does no one call the Spaniards on the floor for that #?

It's like, "Why did you do this to us, White-People?", and I'm like, "I dunno, ask a Spaniard".

So weird.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The conspiracy is?
that government sanctioned indoctrination institutions have dumbed-down the curriculum to the point that pertinent aspects of history have been eliminated from being taught at the expense of 'feelings' over 'facts' leading to the fact that this is now 'untaught history'.

It's a shame folks can't think for themselves and do their own research and study into human history, instead relying on government sanctioned indoctrination/propaganda media outlets to deliver all the knowledge the government wants it's citizens to know, and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Open any history book, religion or god in one form or another is responsible for more wars and killings than all other reasons combined.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Looks like we gotta kill Religion before it kills us!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Every school history class talks about the mass death christians caused in the crusades and new world.

The muslim locust(army plus migrants) invasion of the civilized world is portrayed in history books as "fair" because they didn't kill all christians and jews, they made them tax slaves.

School history books put a magnifying class on the third reich but do not even look at the soviet terror or the great democide forward in china.
The soviet institution killed the most people ever
Likely with chinese communism coming in second
Then likely the mongols and genghis khan

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
at least they gave them a chance to convert? look in the bible in earlier times and the jews were just killing everyone, including their animals... except of course, the pretty girls, which they could keep as concubines..

I kind of think that the further you go back in time, the more the societies demanded acceptance on one particular belief system.. and well, look at the pharaohs of egypt or the babalonian kings, they were considered to be gods. heck even the early kings and queens of europe were sometimes thought of being divine beings once crowned.

it kept societies under control and united. to point to one religion and single them out for it, in my opinion would be an error. just be glad that we've outgrown it for the most part.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

How is this a conspiracy? Are you trying to say its okay for Muslims to kill people because other groups have killed people throughout history? I don't buy into your theory that we have to accept behavior in today's modern age because things happened in the past.

I had family that was enslaved by Moorish invaders. Does that mean I need to demand reparations in 2017?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes this has truth to it and the times before this transpired were much like they are today...
Islamic extremists were doing much the same minus the explosives but were killing alot more people and raping forcing people to convert or die etc...
So be prepared to see this happen again...
And no other Christians other than catholics can be responsible... Because they were the only Christians... Its not like other Christian religions were morally superior...
And it was done out of necessity it was a Holy War...
And this same Holy War may be waged full scale again...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join