It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Have Banded Together to Kill me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: rickymouse
You aren't that important OP. Nobody would waste their time even contemplating it.

To be honest, I am also a nobody. I'm proud of being a nobody. Nobody cares about others. Nobody is concerned for the future of our country. Nobody cares what kind of like our grandchildren will have. So being a nobody is a good thing.

I would hope so, but people don't have a whole lot to do around there. You'd be surprised the lengths some people would go once they feel they've been wronged in any type of way. Even if the source of that wrong is me talking about Trump, and not them personally.

A lot of people take what you say about Trump personally like you're talking about them. I didn't realize the depth of that until today.

Don't carry enough lunch money to eat at the Ritz and what's another swirlie in the big picture?

True that haha. Typing it out like this, I don't know why I'm surprised honestly. The crazy people have always been out there, on every side of the political isle.

link   

You aren't that important OP. Nobody would waste their time even contemplating it.

To be honest, I am also a nobody. I'm proud of being a nobody. Nobody cares about others. Nobody is concerned for the future of our country. Nobody cares what kind of like our grandchildren will have. So being a nobody is a good thing.

I would hope so, but people don't have a whole lot to do around there. You'd be surprised the lengths some people would go once they feel they've been wronged in any type of way. Even if the source of that wrong is me talking about Trump, and not them personally.

A lot of people take what you say about Trump personally like you're talking about them. I didn't realize the depth of that until today.

Neither candidate was that good this election. I am interested in seeing if Trump can pull this off. I think it is already too late, but remember, better late than never. If we would have gone another four years with industry leaving, we would have put ourselves into an even less secure economy. I doubt if it could go another four years more with how things are going.

The only other recourse to start it going again would be to start a big world war, I do not think that idea is acceptable, I would rather try Trump's ideas instead of war which would have been Hillary's way to go. Big wars have been used to fix economies for years because they boost production of goods necessary to fuel the war. But we would just be buying our bombs and shells from China, we don't have factories to make them here. Maybe Mexico would make our war supplies.
edit on 20-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Neither candidate was that good this election. I am interested in seeing if Trump can pull this off. I think it is already too late, but remember, better late than never. If we would have gone another four years with industry leaving, we would have put ourselves into an even less secure economy. I doubt if it could go another four years more with how things are going. The only recourse to start it going would be to start a big world war, I do not think that was acceptable, I would rather try Trump's ideas instead of war which would have been Hillary's way to go. Big wars have been used to fix economies for years because they boost production of goods necessary to fuel the war. But we would just be buying our bombs and shells from China, we don't have factories to make them here. Maybe Mexico would make our war supplies.

No doubt. I hope Trump turns America into a shining example of whatever everyone is wanting it to be. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of him when he does something idiotic.

I don't want to have to worry about getting beat by a mob for my political views either.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: justseth

After I posted a joking article on Facebook making fun of Trump's unpresidented spelling of the word unpresidented, after a brief exchange, someone I had known from high school commented, saying there's a lot of people angry about the things I've been writing and they're all going to get together to "teach me a lesson" while I'm back home for the holidays.

Freedom of speech, isn't freedom from speech.

See this is what I don't get about our society, how it can be falling apart like it is and no one seems to be able to talk about it. Strange pain, anxiety, headaches. What is it?

I mean has this ever happened before? Us getting angry about our candidate losing? Or did it always result in "Oh well, we tried our best...Mr. President" and then it was business as usual. I mean how weird does it have to get before someone says "There is something very wrong with our reality. We are all acting crazy. We are always fearful and make bad decisions collectively for some reason."

As far as I can tell HIllary Clinton would have won if the majority of people in America had given up on trying to solve what's ailing us. There is a lot of anger and hate out there. And violence too. Ergo, Trump won. People are looking for action to solve this situation. What is this situation? Lead in the water? Prion bioweapon? What is it that's making us this crazy?

Don't criticize the President. We might joke a bit, but its always tongue in cheek. Some people are really sensitive about it these days. And I though Democrats were pacifists? Some of the strongest hate I've seen has come from the left, which is very strange and surprising.

What's wrong with us?

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men
Pull your head out of your hippie haze
and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile, so impersonal
Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been
We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of him when he does something idiotic.

Did you miss the GWB presidency? I got it all out of my system then. They're all clowns red and blue alike.

edit on 20-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: IAMTAT

I love how it goes with my 'Puffy Shirt'

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hey, I will make fun of him also. But remember he is trying to do something. It could be a real interesting next four years.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of him when he does something idiotic.

Did you miss the GWB presidency? I got it all out of my system then. They're all clowns red and blue alike.

Hey, I liked GWB. I wouldn't have minded him coming out to the hunting camp and playing cards and drinking a few beers. He was just an icon, he was not actually running the country. Others were setting the stage.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Martin75

Hell that's nothin. You should hear how my old friends and I still talk to each other.

I've seen The Goonies. Which one are you?

HEYYYY YOUUUUU GUYYYYS!
(Sorry, I couldn't resist) LOL!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
To everyone: I didn't really get into politics until this past election. Maybe its normal to have your life threatened over writing critical of the president. I don't know.

Half of my worry over this is that this is something new. You can call me a liar (probably not as eloquently as the one poster who chose to tear apart some image of me she's built up in her head) and not believe it, and that's fine with me. I don't care in the least.

If this is happening anywhere, it needs to be talked about. Regardless of which side is doing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The question I wanted to ask was: Has anyone else been threatened with violence over their political views?

No. I've chosen to keep my internal affairs (cough, cough, political views) segregated to my own mind. Do I have opinions? Yes. However, I don't let them construct my view from others.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

The question I wanted to ask was: Has anyone else been threatened with violence over their political views?

No. I've chosen to keep my internal affairs (cough, cough, political views) segregated to my own mind. Do I have opinions? Yes. However, I don't let them construct my view from others.

Those are good ideas. Life would definitely be easier if I didn't speak my mind about things I believe in, but to not talk about something out of fear of violence runs contrary to a lot of things I was taught.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Has your life even been threatened?

They threatened to teach you a lesson. You don't know what that lesson entails. They might just ignore you or something. They were probably just trying to scare you into shutting the hell up.

Did it work?

edit on 20-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You should check out "Nosedive", first of the new Black Mirror episode. Brilliant in a very spooky way and sorta related.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

To everyone: I didn't really get into politics until this past election. Maybe its normal to have your life threatened over writing critical of the president. I don't know.

Half of my worry over this is that this is something new. You can call me a liar (probably not as eloquently as the one poster who chose to tear apart some image of me she's built up in her head) and not believe it, and that's fine with me. I don't care in the least.

If this is happening anywhere, it needs to be talked about. Regardless of which side is doing it.

I agree. The degree of real nastiness has gone off the charts.. on both sides. Ive been around for more than a couple of election cycles, and this election has been the cherry on top of pure hatefulness being spewed all over the place. I joke around a LOT, but Im no fool. I know people who are dead serious in their hatefulness.. and if you feel threatened : come out with both barrels. Im sickened that Americans would harm fellow Americans over political parties that in the end truly dont give one good damn about any of us. When the nitty gets gritty, it wont be any of them who will be there beside you. It will be your neighbor or friend or even stranger.. and political parties wont matter anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Has your life even been threatened?

They threatened to teach you a lesson. You don't know what that lesson entails. They might just ignore you or something. They were probably just trying to scare you into shutting the hell up.

Did it work?

Oh yeah. Per T&C I can't really type out what I was PM'd without getting post banned, but yeah. I know you have only my word on that, so take it or leave it.

And hell no it didn't work lol. My family members that are Trump voters jumped on him too. I'll never change what I write just because someone threatened me.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Our Governments have banded togther to kill many of us.
and

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Divide and conquer is definitely working. Half the time I've sat here thinking about it I've been thinking about how we aren't even really enemies. THEY'VE made it so we're at each others throats.

Our fellow Americans aren't the problem. The people who pit us against each other are.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'd go looking for them and ask them is violence is the right way to deal with this. If you have it coming, you may have to take a punch, if you aren't a pinhead in real life, you may be able to just smile and say you are a liberal, and they should not be the stereotype that you and your buddies think they are. You might still have to take a punch, but that way, you will have the moral high ground.

I'd stand up for you from taking an ass whoopin, but you'll get no pat on the ass here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join