It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Have Banded Together to Kill me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Lol at the title. I know its a little melodramatic, but it's not far from the truth. Before I get started I want to say I know not all Trump supporters are like this.

Most are good people who just want what's best for themselves and what they want the country to be. However misguided that view is in my eyes it doesn't mean they're bad people. I don't want the hate from my experience to be amplified out onto anyone else.

The question I wanted to ask was: Has anyone else been threatened with violence over their political views?

After I posted a joking article on Facebook making fun of Trump's unpresidented spelling of the word unpresidented, after a brief exchange, someone I had known from high school commented, saying there's a lot of people angry about the things I've been writing and they're all going to get together to "teach me a lesson" while I'm back home for the holidays.

I'm not nervous about it, but it's definitely something I'll have to think about while I'm going about my business while back there.

I see it as just a consequence of free speech. Yeah, I might get dragged out in a field and beat with 2x4's for speaking bad about Trump. There's going to be people riding around looking for me to do that or worse most of the time probably. From some of the messages I've got, I'm pretty sure that's a guarantee.

A lot of people talk about the brownshirts, but in my case they're real. And something I have to think about because I have an unpopular opinion, and I'm not afraid to speak it.

Freedom of speech, isn't freedom from speech.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think the majority of us can openly say we're
sick to death of the Political nonsense and really don't care anymore what people think.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Clever tactic.

This is a Mud Pit topic.

In MY opinion of course.

+14 more 
link   
Screenshots, or it didn't happen

+5 more 
link   
Political religion isn't much different from actual religion.

People use false gods to justify their stupidity and in many cases, their violence.

Carry a gun. If that's not your cup of tea, Wal-Mart sells pepper spray that's reasonably potent.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is protection from the government not individuals.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
My first question: WTH kinda friends do you have!?!

My second question: Exactly what are you posting? Calling people names tends to piss them off.

Just saying...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well if it takes more than one, I guess they are a bit scared of you......

Surely your not nervous over some internet tough talk.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
After I posted a joking article on Facebook making fun of Trump's unpresidented spelling of the word unpresidented, after a brief exchange, someone I had known from high school commented, saying there's a lot of people angry about the things I've been writing and they're all going to get together to "teach me a lesson" while I'm back home for the holidays.

With your old crowd, maybe you've had it coming for a while and this was the last straw?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hell that's nothin. You should hear how my old friends and I still talk to each other.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Screenshots, or it didn't happen

If I give you screenshots I'm going to have to edit out a lot of the conversation for personal details, then people will just rip it apart thinking I'm changing the meaning by editing it out. Its a lose-lose situation.

Please, by all means, be skeptical. I wouldn't expect anything less. This whole situation kind of puts a damper on my time I should be enjoying because I have to always watch my back. But it is what it is. Its not the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you support the 2nd amendment, and are forced to defend yourself. It will be they who are taught the lesson.

Know the laws regarding self defense in your state.

link   

They're just talking smack online. It is easy to do.

link   

call me skeptical. I live in a town with people like you describe. The worst I seen on facebook was there was this proggie in a mental meltdown after the election commenting on people's post about how they hope their family should be raped and killed.
A few people sent a message to his boss, the owner of a local brewery. The owner offered free appetizers to the people his employee was harassing online and said he was going to have a talk with him.

IF you are in your car, the chances of them getting you are slim to none. I would simply advise not going to the local bars where people are liquored up
edit on 20-12-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hell that's nothin. You should hear how my old friends and I still talk to each other.

I've seen The Goonies. Which one are you?

edit on 20-12-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Just like any sensible person would, simply report the threat to proper authorities?

I get the feeling someone from your past has the idea of unfinished business, like maybe you stole his woman;
but you didn't steal her if she left him for being a jerk and a creep?

I doubt his band of thugs will consider catching a case over something so trivial as speaking one's mind?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We talk "smack" with the best of them...I've never had a friend really think I was coming home to "mop the floor" with them! LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The question I wanted to ask was: Has anyone else been threatened with violence over their political views?

Yes.

My candidate threatened my life when she found out I voted for her.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Liberals seemed to want to kill me, though not threats yet. Idiots will make up reasons to be violent though. I don't mean liberals, but literally all idiots. If they want violence they will find an excuse.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My candidate threatened my life when she found out I voted for her.

Lilith ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join