It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck ploughs into Christmas market in Berlin, injuring several people – reports

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Sad, how only rightwing motivated comments get stars in seconds!
ATS, what have you become?

Are you referring to those who call these attacks radical islamic terrorism, or the people who point out the fact that there have been 10 major terrorist attacks in Europe since the refugee crisis started last year?

Is common sense relegated to just the Right-wing? Political correctness has already claimed too many lives in 2016.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Herr Merkel is going to have a hard time playing this one down during the election.

Oh dont worry, she shamelessly will.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 19 Dec 2016 21:50:28 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Konduit
Herr Merkel is going to have a hard time playing this one down during the election.

Oh dont worry, she shamelessly will.

Maybe she can blame Russian hackers too? Or, the deplorable citizens of her own country? She sure as heck has not shown any real concern nor protection for her own citizens to date. Seems like the latest political plan, blame, deflect, and avoid accepting responsibility for the deaths of your own citizenry.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

I've been reading a little about false flags and with the so called ISIS seemingly claiming this one, it sure looks that way to me however, among other signs of a false flag is the matter of identity.

In 1996 in Tasmania Australia, 35 people were gunned down in a cafa by one of the best anti terro shooters in the world, whoever they were. The passport of the 29 year old, but intellectually a 13 year old child patsy, Martin Bryant, was found in the glove box of an old Volvo identical to his own, which was parked at the location where the shootings occurred even though he had not visited that location in the previous year or so. Who found the passport has never been revealed.

On January 7, 2015, two masked assassins entered the Charlie Hebdo office in Paris and murdered 12 people. The two blokes escaped but crashed their car. The police found an ID card in the Citroen. This discovery enabled the Police to track the entire Charlie Hebdo tragedy to the two Kouachi brothers.

The day after the 9/11 attacks, a suspicious Toyota was identified at Dulles International Airport. It was registered to Al-Hazmi of Lemon Grove, California. When searched, a travel itinerary for KHALID AL-MIHDHAR and MAJED MOQED on AA Flight 77 was found among other items. Including a piece of paper with “Osama 5895316” written on it.

In Shanksville Pennsylvania, a half-burnt visa paper belonging to alleged hijacker Ziad Jarra was found in a field amongst the megre debris of Flight 93.

Thanks to Dee McLachlan of Gumshoe News

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thoughts and prayers to the injured...

=================================

On to my own personal self absorbed outlook.

Last 2 years I was paranoid every time we walked into a big xmas market... now this...

We had just gotten back into Germany after the last few weeks of life sucking (Sisters youngest being abused, Wife's grandmother passing away, near the anniversary of my mother passing away) I was looking forward to catching some markets to distract and relax me... I wonder if I am to old to become a hermit.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I went to a chippy the other day.
One of the newer ones thst also does kebabs and run by the sort of Muslim that is the type who just wants to get on like the rest of us do.

We chatred a bit about work and footy and stuff, like you do while waiting for a fresh batch of chips to cook and it got me thinking when I saw this, about how he could have been running one of those stalls (his chippy sold Gloucester sausages, so he's obviously not one of the crazies that don't like pork ).

I doubt very much that his response to an attack like this would be any different to mine, yet he'd be on the receiving end of any abuse directed at muslims in general and unfairly so.

Rather than try and pretend that every act of terror is unconnected with islamic terrorism, or, put all muslims into the same bag as bad uns, we really need to begin to differentiate between those people who happen to be mu slims, but are just regular folks and the nutcases who probably hate them almost as much as us westerners.
edit on 43pTue, 20 Dec 2016 02:52:43 -060020162016-12-20T02:52:43-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Very true that. Pity many on here can not understand there are many moderate muslims who hate that their religion is being used this way.
I work with many muslims and each displayed disgust at the attack.
It is the fundies which are the problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Totally, and the impression I get is that they'd be in line to kick the fundies in the nuts same as the rest of us if the weird lib classes weren't always trying to muddy the water.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I have had the same experience as you, vast majority of Muslims are no different than their christian counter parts... they want a safe place to raise their family and want their kids to have every opportunity to improve their lot in life.

Problem a lot of folks have is this refusal to call an Islamic extremist what they are; If this attack in germany turns out to be terror related calling the attacker an Islamic extremist is not calling all fundamentalist from Islam terrorists, that is something merkel and obama have forgotten.

Just like if a right wing christian group blows up an abortion clinic... they are christian extremists... or crazy fundamentalists also; it does not mean all Christians are.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
East european number plate, could really be "just" a drunken driver...

Truck>>> GDA 08J5
Trailer>> ZGR US66

Both registered in Poland, Truck in Gdansk, Trailer registered in Gryfino.

PS, seemingly the original driver was shot dead.
edit on 20 12 2016 by TheJudge2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
My guess is the dead guy in the truck was the original owner and he was probably killed by the hijacker long before the truck was driven into the market.

Looks like I right when i posted this comment yesterday.

Because skynews have this report:

The suspect was arrested about a mile away after escaping from the lorry and German media say police later raided the refugee centre he is said to have been staying at. A man found dead in the passenger seat of the lorry was a Polish citizen. Police said the man, who has not been named, was not driving when the crash happened. German magazine Focus, citing the state interior minister, reported that the man was probably shot dead.

news.sky.com...
edit on CSTTue, 20 Dec 2016 05:51:07 -06000000003105x007x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

My guess is the dead guy in the truck was the original owner and he was probably killed by the hijacker long before the truck was driven into the market.

Looks like I right when i posted this comment yesterday.

Looks that way.
It was always very very likely that this was a terrorist attack, but for Germany it's even worse than that. The terrorist was a refugee and he was let stay despite having several ID's and being a petty criminal.
It really is time for mass deportations to begin.
edit on 20/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Merkel definitely has blood on her hands.

If she doesn't start to deport those with bad intentions, the far-right will rise in that Country and if the far-right get into power in Germany, those immigrants could get far worse than deportation orders

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Discussing the possible/likely cause behind the attack is thread drift?

Or are you just upset that it's looking even more like terrorism than it did yesterday?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Apparently a citizen followed the driver when he ran off and called the Police - that's how they caught him.

The big brave warrior of Islam is apparently denying he had anything to do with it though - "it wasn't me guvnor, honest, please don't take away my benefits".

At least the nutter who shot the Russian had the kahunas to stand there and take his medicine.

Not cry and whine like a little bitch boy after mercilessly running down innocent families in a truck.

Pathetic - that's what you're dealing with.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Credit where it's due! It will be interesting to learn whether he was a target of opportunity or if he was specifically chosen.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Not Russian....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Not Russian....

The Russian ambassador? He was definitely Russian.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Thought you meant the Polish guy that was found shot. That would make more sense to discuss instead of another topic altogether unless you're accidentally in the wrong thread...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Apparantly they got the wrong guy according to Berlin police.

''Berliner police: we got the wrong guy''
twitter.com...

''berliner police: suspect is still at large and armed and could strike again''
twitter.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join