It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck ploughs into Christmas market in Berlin, injuring several people – reports

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

it could be a terrorist attack. it also could not.

its that initial assumption thats dangerous. nothing good comes of it.
suspect is arrested, other dead.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll gladly say I was wrong but going by reports from the CBC, who interviewed two freelance journalists in Berlin at the scene and from previous attacks carried out with exactly the same MO, it certainly APPEARS to be a terrorist attack.

If it was an accident, than I will acknowledge I was wrong in my speculation gladly.
edit on 19-12-2016 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, it is the initial assumption that is hidden away when it does not fit a agenda that is dangerous. It is almost as if people have been conditioned to not think it was terror. Multiple times in the last 7 years I have heard this. Wait and see. Don't jump to conclusions...unless it is a cop who shot someone and god forbid the felon is black. See how that works. Fit an agenda.

Can you really with a straight face say that this could be a simple accident? If so the WH press secretary wants to talk to you about a job till inauguration day.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm finding it curious that as far as the police can tell, it's either/or still.

Which begs the question -- how many of you can we hold to your "bet my XYZ" promises if it turns out the driver fell asleep, knocked a bottle back, etc and this actually wasn't intentional or religiously motivated?

Cool story bro.

They might probably run with that one if you give Angela a ring.

"Just a coincidence yet another big truck mows down hordes of innocent Christmas shoppers, the driver had a few and the truck skidded on some icing that had fallen off a piece of Christmas cake, resulting in a tragic accident".

Nice.

What an absolute numpty.
edit on -06:0020161America/ChicagoMon, 19 Dec 2016 16:05:32 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago1205 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
More info from the interview. The truck was supposed to be unloaded that day(today), but was rescheduled for tomorrow at 8 AM. The original truck driver's wife tried to call him a 4 PM(local time), but could not reach him. The cousin and owner of the business, Ariel Zurawski, says he spoke with him in the afternoon presumably prior to 4 PM. The original driver has 15 years experience does not drink even a small beer the day before a job(according to Ariel). The truck should have been parked across from the company it was to unload at.

The only people that saw the original driver were in the offices and the guy bought a kebab because he didn't eat in a while(the cousin knows because of a phone call to the original driver I believe).
edit on 19-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a witness report said truck went in at ca. 40 mph and did not slow down
edit on 19-12-2016 by glowdog because: errz sorry!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

The cousin says the original driver told him on the phone that only Muslims were walking around/hanging around on that street. The cousin didn't think much of it.

I'm just adding the interview not blaming, but I see no reason for the original driver to do it. He has a wife, steady job, no alcohol problem and no reason to attack Christmas shoppers likely being a Christian himself(though certainly coming from a Christian background).

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
police tweets that they found a "suspicious object" streets in the area are closed.

looks like they suspect it to be more than an accident
edit on 19-12-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Shamrock6

it could be a terrorist attack. it also could not.

its that initial assumption thats dangerous. nothing good comes of it.
suspect is arrested, other dead.

Looking at evidence that is present and forming an opinion is not an assumption. If the opinion is based off no evidence whatsoever, then that's an assumption.

The fact that the event in Berlin that took place today bears a striking resemblance to a) a terrorist attack in Nice and b) an attack style that ISIS has encouraged is not an opinion, it is a fact. My stating that is not an assumption, it is a fact. I have not declared this to be a terrorist attack, I've stated that it sure as hell looks like one, because of the above evidence.

Ignoring evidence is dangerous, and nothing good comes of it.

I have no problem stating that it is terrorism. Or that it wasn't.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll gladly say I was wrong but going by reports from the CBC, who interviewed two freelance journalists in Berlin at the scene and from previous attacks carried out with exactly the same MO, it certainly APPEARS to be a terrorist attack.

If it was an accident, than I will acknowledge I was wrong in my speculation gladly.

Exactly. There seems to be a conflation of "looks like terrorism" and "is terrorism."

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Belgian media state that the van drove into the market twice. After coming to a halt the driver backed up so he could drive into the people a second time. link to Belgian live blog (Dutch)

link   
Dbl post
edit on 19-12-2016 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

link   
Woops
edit on 19-12-2016 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let us hope the families of victims are strong over this festive period.

We all KNOW who is to blame for this attack...yes attack.

Well done for letting in all these people who deserve no assistance at all! get rid of them. Before it is too late

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster
interesting- cant see anything about that in german media so far

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reboot23
Let us hope the families of victims are strong over this festive period.

We all KNOW who is to blame for this attack...yes attack.

Well done for letting in all these people who deserve no assistance at all! get rid of them. Before it is too late

Sadly, it is too late for some people. I hope they catch the actual driver, and find out why. At this point, all reports seem to indicate an intentional event, to kill, main, and cause terror in Germany on a Christian holiday shopping center. Odds are good it was motivated by that aspect, and inspired by ISIS.

Time will tell, but I hope the truth isn't suppressed to appease any one group.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
White House "condemns in the strongest terms what appears to have been a terrorist attack."

A bit tongue in cheek, but if the present White House is willing to say something appears to be a terror attack, that's saying something....

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Brussels anti terror on scene are saying it was mostl likely terror according to FNC
edit on 19-12-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
White House "condemns in the strongest terms what appears to have been a terrorist attack."

A bit tongue in cheek, but if the present White House is willing to say something appears to be a terror attack, that's saying something....

So the original driver got out and left his truck open for a thief/terrorist to attack these people? smh. never leave your keys in a vehicle or leave it running to be carjacked.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Under the supranational EU, Europe is about as safe as a dinner with Bill Cosby. European countries continue to suffer from these attacks in part due to a disarmament of their citizens. The people cannot defend themselves, and in a sick twist, do not want to defend themselves. They would rather leave defense up to the people who are doing nothing to protect the continent. I cannot help but think of the Georgia Guidestones and their depopulation agenda. Maybe they have nothing to do with one another, but the people of Europe are under attack by radicals and complicit governments and are dying by the dozens. Look at France, look at Germany, the West is under attack and the people of Germany have to stand up for themselves before self destructive weakness ends them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join