It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just gave out 1536 Christmas presents!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Which is a little unusual for me as I am not a big fan of the whole Christmas gift thing but with kids it's different.

A mate of ours has a company that deals with overstocks and short dated foodstuffs, some of you may remember my thread a while back about what to do with 350kg of marshmallows.

Anyhows another load of pallets we got off him was a load of little kits with some air drying clay and a toy that you made into a race truck or a dog or similiar and we sold quite a few on the carboot as stocking fillers at 50p a pop but there was just too many of them so we spoke to the local primary schools and a children’s hospital and asked if they would be able to accept them to give the kids as a little extra present at Christmas and they all said yes!

So a few trips in the car and we have plenty more storage room and 1536 kids will get a little gift and half an hours fun from some people they never met.

If this sounds a little smug then what the heck, I have possibly the warmest feeling inside me I have ever had.

Merry Christmas everybody.

On a side note if anyone in the UK would like about 2600 One Direction party bags then give me a shout I literally cannot give those things away...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Cool as # man!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Fine job!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS ARE CONTAGIOUS!

Well Done...and Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You get to be a little smug with your friends when you do something like that.

It's when you're smug to those you helped. That makes you an arsehole lol.

Not in your case, good on you Sir.

**Applause**

~Tenth
edit on 12/15/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You have a good soul nonspecific.

Well done old chap.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
You have a good soul nonspecific.

Well done old chap.

What goes around comes around, it's been a tough year and I am genuinely lucky to be alive after it so to be in the position I am is good, not everyone is so lucky.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Splendidly spiffing.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have worked with some of the most vulnerable in society over the years, your kindness will be treasured and I hope reciprocated towards you and yours.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I have worked with some of the most vulnerable in society over the years, your kindness will be treasured and I hope reciprocated towards you and yours.

To be brutally honest my actions were not fully altruistic, they were taking up space and I have a temporary part time job as a caretaker and I offered some to the school and when they said yes I figured I would just give the lot away and free up the space and bring a little tiny bit of joy many times over.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bang on fella

Well done!

Nowhere near as good as your efforts...I'll be putting stuff in the local food bank drive. It doesn't take a lot of coin to buy a lot of goods. Sugar, beans, pasta, pasta sauces, tea, rice puddings, powdered milk and so on.

If this sounds a little smug then what the heck, I have possibly the warmest feeling inside me I have ever had.

F*** 'em and get your smug on. A few charitable brags can inspire others too. Be smug and generous or smug and miserly?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Bang on fella

Well done!

Nowhere near as good as your efforts...I'll be putting stuff in the local food bank drive. It doesn't take a lot of coin to buy a lot of goods. Sugar, beans, pasta, pasta sauces, tea, rice puddings, powdered milk and so on.

F*** 'em and get your smug on. A few charitable brags can inspire others too. Be smug and generous or smug and miserly?

It all makes a difference mate and to be fair I got them for free and sold enough to cover the fuel running them about so your beans cost you more than my gesture!

On a side note if anyone is near Gloucester and wants some for a good cause or themselves I still have about 450 left.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That sounded like a good thing to do. You are Alternative Santa. Did you dress up like your Avatar?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS ARE CONTAGIOUS!

Well Done...and Merry Christmas!

There is a certain kind of joy you get from bringing joy to others with no expectation of anything in return.

It is not just contagious for the recipient, it can be an emotion that the giver wishes to continue.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ha ha
You have one direction bags

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Fantastic job dude well done, those kids will have a little something for Xmas

Merry Christmas to all :-)

Edit...@nonspecific for those One Direction bags, you could just randomly (at night) give them to lots of people in your neighbourhood giving them for free or drive round and drop them all over the place, people would be like WHAT with the free bag.

Just a thought.
edit on 15-12-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't have money, means or connections to do something like that! So kudos to you! What I do have the means to do, is have each one of my kids pick a name from a tree while we are out shopping and use part of their budgeted Christmas shopping money to purchase gifts for those kids. They pick the names, they pick the gifts, they budget the money.... I'm just the driver..... We also donate to our local VA hospital, Local VETS, and will sometimes put gifts at the front door on Christmas eve for local kids that we know have parents that are facing hard times......
Since my Dad always spoiled my Mom at Christmas time, and since he has passed, we also budget for her... we pick her gifts together, we wrap her gifts together "from Santa" and we ALL sneak into her house on Christmas Eve and put them under the tree. We even include a couple things for her animals and make sure to fill her stocking!
The first year we did this "was priceless" she obviously knows who its all from now, but still doesn't steal away from the joy and wonder of waking up Christmas morning!
This has taught my kids to not be judgmental of kids less fortunate or folks that look like they have less or are different from us. It has my kids to rally together on their own to gather goods for those who have faced a fire or a health crisis without being prompted or "drug" into helping....

Hope you all are Blessed this Christmas and this New Year!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm inspired...

Thanks 👍🏻

Merry Christmas 🎄

edit on 15-12-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Fantastic job dude well done, those kids will have a little something for Xmas

Merry Christmas to all :-)

Edit...@nonspecific for those One Direction bags, you could just randomly (at night) give them to lots of people in your neighbourhood giving them for free or drive round and drop them all over the place, people would be like WHAT with the free bag.

Just a thought.

What a fantastic idea AND if you have any of those marshmallows left (from back in NOV) you could fill them up with those...two birds, one stone...uh-oh.

Well, you get the idea!

Good job!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
At first I wasn't sure if you were talking about the year or the amount. You know, like you gave a way Christmas gifts they gave out in 1536. Oh well. Anyway, at least you got rid of those marshmallows. I bet you made some kids very happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join