It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Flat Earth...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hello, last spring I got sort of exposed to the whole flat earth thing. Since then I've seen so many back and forth arguments as to if there's any merit there or not.

One issue I have a bit of a problem with is the idea that basically people can't go visit. Or it's seriously restricted. Like I heard that if you go on an adventure cruise, if they're real (which cost like 50,000$) , then at most they'll take you to the shore to walk around.

But here's what I'm not sure about....

Lets say all the reason as to why people can't go there are legitimate. Like they say that it's because they're trying to keep it as a natural sanctuary untouched by man. Okay fine, if that's true so be it. but....

why don't we have any significant video of any jets flying over it and someone say filming through a window down at it? There's been a few where they show the ocean, and coastline. So I seen thoughs. But they say the land mass of antarctica should be larger than the USA. So what I don't get is why we haven't seen any real video of say a jet flying over that "inland area" and just filming down so that we can see it?

All they ever show are videos of the coast. Or slightly inland. Nothing "way in" like where you'd have the great plains in the US. "way inland". So that would put a lot of flat earth theory to rest. But there's NOTHING in terms of video footage. Mind you even if there was again it could easily be faked anyway. But still, why can't they show the world that it's this supposed "contenent".

I'm yet to see any convincing proof of that. And I'm objective. I'd take an honest look at anything that would show some proof. But again, nothing there.

So as for other arugments, I've seen a lot of back and forth each way. Those facts are perhaps harder to proove or disprove. So I mean if you can see another island from hawaii at 90 miles away and all that great stuff, fine, whatever, but still it's hard to say.

But the fact that tptb basically block people from seeing or visiting Antarctica is "highly suspect". If it's there "lets see it" in detail. Not just the coast. I want to see some video of the interior. And that dumb expedition that the royals did I don't put a lot of weight on that. Why? Because it's the royals, it's baised. Of course where else would they take the war vets than none other than the middle of antartica. What a joke. Like some independent video would be far more convincing. And I mean seriously if the royals and hurt war vets can make it out there, then that means that there should be hundreds of other fit people who would have also made it and filmed it. But there aren't any.

Anyway what's your take on that and on flat earth? What is it really? Is it real, or is it a psy op of some sort of it's own?

Like this is a beautiful psy op from what I can tell. What a joke, but it looks so real. Get real. Let me explain why?

Type into google: "size of Antartica" you'll get: 14million km2. then type in.....size of USA, you'll get....9.834 million km²

So according to the video below, Prince Harry and friends treked on skis to the south pole (and back?) (each hauling a heavy sled of gear)??? YOu're FREAKIN JOKING right???

THINK HERE.... That would be approximately a 2000 mile journey there and back to the coast. On their site they said it was just 200 miles.
www.princehenryofwales.org...

According to this map it would be about 1000 miles "each way".
www.theozonehole.com...

And I could be way off base. I'm just speculating here. But that would be like you walking from NYC to Spokane Washington. (almost). That would take months. And in those brulte freezing conditions chances are you wouldn't make it. ON their site they said they went about 10 miles a day. So that would mean it would actually take more like 200 days to go there and back.

AGain I'm not saying I know. I don't know, which is why I'm so curious to try and get some hard core proof that this whole flat earth thing is fake? So far I'm yet to get some concrete proof. And news footage of a royal going there actually does the opposite. Like if they're actually going to spread propaganda like that out there then it really gets me questioning stuff.

Anyway what do you think of all this????

(ya so according to this guy they got dropped off closer to the south pole, about 100 to 200 miles away from it). So if that's true then I could be wrong in my previous comment. But again, the point is that Antarctica is supposedly a lot bigger than the USA in land mass. So Why haven't we seen much footage of it? Like there's not much out there in terms of filming the interior.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

edit on 11-12-2016 by truthtalk44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44

The Nazi's have been there since the end of WW2. That is why no outsiders are allowed to see the truth concerning the neoNazi's and their UFO's.

Get ready for the fake alien invasion. Then condemn the Nazi's to hell for eternity.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

why don't we have any significant video of any jets flying over it and someone say filming through a window down at it?

We do.

So that would put a lot of flat earth theory to rest

I agree , looks like a globe to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
A video of the flight across the United States would be BORING, never mind the one over the Antarctic. Just with all white ice.....But I do believe some NASA(gasp) based orbital footage shows the Antarctic, much less boring when it goes by in orbit(faster too).
edit on 12/11/2016 by jappee because: I knt kptalize

edit on 12/11/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Basically, you can put a circle around the ice and landmass that is Antarctica, right? (Lets assume the standard - the Earth is a sphere idea). I mean, there is some line of latitude that is far enough north of Antarctica to encompass it. Now, imagine you take a boat around Antarctica via that line of latitude.

If you begin to have deja vu because you've reached the starting point and are continuing back along the path, then obviously the Earth is either cylindrical or spherical. If you travel for an amount of time that you expect to hit that point and things are still looking different all the time, then maybe there is a different (flat) shape. Problem solved.

Why traverse the crappy weather of Antarctica to find this out? Being in the boat will be slightly less bad, at least... Obviously, the flight stuff also that people mentioned. I mention the boat situation precisely because anyone could do it themselves. That is, you can get firsthand experience rather than taking someone else's word from a jet flying over or a satellite orbiting.
edit on 11 12Dec 1616 by SomethingLingual because: added stuff about flights/satellites

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You forget OP, the flat SUN theory...

The sun is just a flat slither floating above us. it just looks like a sphere with nasty sneaky Never A Straight Answer hidden tech. Who do they think they're fooling..

Devious scoundrels...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Well, I think it's interesting.
SF

Question Everything -

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The laws of physics state that gravity cannot create a flat object in space
End of discussion
Forever

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Is this a class project due on Monday?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What if you've been lied to? What if all the atoms and electrons in the universe aren't what you think they are?

Just a thought my friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Every time I hear about flat Earth believers, I wish they would go and actually find it(the edge)..and fall off.
edit on 12/11/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Never believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

hi - instead of fantasising about alledged " problems " with antarctica - why not solve the issue ` from home ` with some real science that can be done for very little money - esp if you have collaborators

the veracity of the spheroid model can be confirmed using any of the examples in my thread

i have numerous other ways to show that all flat earth claims are false - all of which can be realistically tested from the ` saftey ` of your own country

PS - if you insist on talking about antarctica - fine - lets address actual facts and science - not the flat earthers delusions - you game ?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN
Thanks for that I've never heard that before...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

It's only a thought. But i'm glad you learned something new today

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN
The irony is profound.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Mm yes, it must be.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You can go visit yourself 'the other side of Antarctica', there are cruises available from Australia. Here is a company that provides East Antarctica cruises. This cruise reaches number 3 in the map posted below.

Here is a nice map of Antarctica, see the red numbers: 1, you have Argentina and Chile there. 2, South Africa. 3, Australia and New Zealand. Where is the mystery???? Or, to be more precise, where is the 'edge of the world'?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

and further to this :

circumnavigation of antarctica - how far is it ?

if you look at a " flat earth map " - one of the many things that spring out is the vast distance that a " circumnavigation of antarctica " would take

a wild guess - and " in the head " calculation would suggest that a " flat earth circumnavingation of antarctica " would be > 120 thousand kiliometers

i will let that sink in

infact - just look at any of the touted " true flat earth maps " that fantasists point to - and the imposibilities of thier claims just roll in

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The laws of physics state that gravity cannot create a flat object in space

So you're saying that due to the laws of gravity the earth was formed into a sphere, I see, NOT!.
Care to explain what law of gravity that was?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join