It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Flat Earth...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthtalk44
One issue I have a bit of a problem with is the idea that basically people can't go visit.

Except you can visit.... or even fly over it! Just why do you think you cannot visit?

www.antarcticaflights.com.au...

www.antarctica.gov.au...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Gothmog

The laws of physics state that gravity cannot create a flat object in space

So you're saying that due to the laws of gravity the earth was formed into a sphere, I see, NOT!.
Care to explain what law of gravity that was?

Again , did you not read. Are you following me and commenting on my posts without reading ?
Read again
For everyone else - someone doesnt know that there is only 1 Law of Gravity - Newton's Law
The rest is guided by the Laws of Physics.
No soup for you
edit on 12/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i will let that sink in

LOL exactly! There are companies that take you around Antarctica, mostly they do semi-circumnavigations but you can visit each place individually with different trips and do the calculations yourself. There is no mystery, only a lack of understanding of geography and maths.

But I'm looking forward to reading where the 'edge of the world' is on the map I posted.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's to do with mass and hydrostatic equilibrium.

One of the effects of mass is that it attracts other mass. For small objects, like your computer, your car, and even a building, the force of gravity is tiny. But when you have millions, and even trillions of tonnes of mass, the effect of the gravity really builds up. All of the mass pulls on all the other mass, and it tries to create the most efficient shape… a sphere.
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I thought that that theory had died hundreds of years ago,just shows that man is devolving,haven't these people been on mountains,watched movies,shows,I've never seen a picture of the bottom of a flat earth,maybe in a cartoon,the arguments are rediculous

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Cool, so I don't have to believe you?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Not at all my friend, not at all
To each his own right?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44

If that is true so bee it

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plane but there is

GillAn Anderson from the Antarctic FTF movie.

FIG. 6. n -InAs: Amplitude of the transverse component of theTHz electric field versus frequency as a function of magnetic field45° to surface, from B  0–5 T at 0.5 T intervals.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

AGain I'm not saying I know. I don't know, which is why I'm so curious to try and get some hard core proof that this whole flat earth thing is fake? So far I'm yet to get some concrete proof. And news footage of a royal going there actually does the opposite. Like if they're actually going to spread propaganda like that out there then it really gets me questioning stuff.

There is plenty of proof. The Coriolis affect for one proves the earth is round.

The Coriolis effect is most apparent in the path of an object moving longitudinally. On the Earth an object that moves along a north-south path, or longitudinal line, will undergo apparent deflection to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere.

Also a measurable FACT is that if a ship traveling east on the equator is around 1 percent lighter than if traveling west. This is due to the spinning of the earth and the fact that it spins faster at the equator then anywhere else. Here is a fun video that can explain it way better than me. Start at 12:00 if you don't want to watch the whole thing

Flat earth is a stupid theory.
edit on 11-12-2016 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Agreed.

Those who believe in Flat Earth are probably living in a 2D world.

Everything is flat there.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This topic is always a curiosity. I just went and listened to Genesis. Flat earth seems so wrong, who would espouse the theory? I mean on the face of it, it seems absurd. Frankly, I don't want to have to think that hard. It's a round earth for me then.

Too simple ?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe it is round. Who knows. I'm about 50/50 on the issue. I think my biggest challenge is that tptb are liars. So whatever they say, I know the opposite must be closer to the truth. That's another reason I sort of side with the flat earthers. But also some of the flat earth ideas don't seem to be 100% true either. Because if we lived on say Jupiter, then likely the flat earthers would easily be able to prove their point. But it's almost like that. it's still a pretty big planet so it would easily seem to appear that the world is flat.

However, there still are some valid points on there side too like I still can't figure this one out...

This is the Curviture mathematical chart that shows how much the horizon would drop off, and how much at what distance. .... eternalworldorder.files.wordpress.com...

So what you see is that at 90 miles the earth drops off by 1.02 miles. So that in feet is: 5385.6 (ft).

So think about this VERY CAREFULLY AS YOU Watch the video below... The island he's showing is at very least 90 miles away. Possibly closer to 100 miles. (at 100 miles the earth drops off by closer to 7000 ft) The tallest mountain on that other island is only 4000 ft high (not even 1 mile high). So according the ball earth math this person should not be able to ANY OF THAT ISLAND!!! Instead he's showing "most if not all of it" and most if not all of the mountain above sea level.

We should not able to see any of that island on a ball earth model. And lets say by some crazy fluke you could see it, well you'd see a tiny tiny bit of the peak of a moutain at very most. Like all of 20 feet, maybe under some strange atmospheric conditions. But you certainly WOULD NOT see the whole mountain above sea level as this person is showing. As that mountain is only 4000 ft high. It should be below the horizon at that distance by at least 1385 ft if the earth is truly a ball. (possibly more).

So PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT??? See this is where it gets so confusing because the flat earthers seem to have some reasonably solid proof too that something isn't quite right with the ball earth theory. So I'll let you watch this below and then look for your replies. Thanks.

edit on 11-12-2016 by truthtalk44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Gothmog

The laws of physics state that gravity cannot create a flat object in space

So you're saying that due to the laws of gravity the earth was formed into a sphere, I see, NOT!.
Care to explain what law of gravity that was?

That would be the one by which fluids form into spheres, when no other influences are present. In terms of gravity, a fluid body in free fall would assume a spherical shape because that's got the least energy of gravitic potential.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Maybe it is round. Who knows.

YOU can know. All you need are some friends who live quite a distance away and who have cell phones.

Method of Eratosthenes will tell you what you want to know, without leaving your basement.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Of course the worlds flat... who ya gonna believe, me or your lying eyes??

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

However, there still are some valid points on there side too like I still can't figure this one out...

Inevitably, these sorts of PROOF!!11!! leave out a couple of important bits.

1) they don't know or won't say where the recording was made from (or they do and lie). If you don't know the height above sea level of the camera's POV, you can't determine the horizon distance. Even a few feet makes a big difference.

2) they always claim you can see ALL OF IT, and that's rarely the case. We went around and around with the Toronto-across-the-great-lakes flat earthers last year. BUT YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE SKYLINE! LOOOOOK!!!11! And, of course, if you looked at a close in photo, there were buildings several hundred feet high that were not there in the distant shot. Because they were below the horizon. And it turns out the photos were taken from a sort of tower that was about 30 feet high. It showed exactly what you SHOULD see.

If you don't have some sort of easily identifiable features in the distant landscape to judge accurately what you're seeing and what you're not, it's without merit. And this doesn't have any. At least with the Toronto skyline stuff, you could identify buildings and look up their roof heights.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think it's a theological thing too. Like on a flat earth, that makes you a created man. But on a ball earth model that religates you to nothing more than an evolved monkey that came from slime. So if you can be lead to believe that you're nothing more than an evolved monkey then tptb have brain washed you into the way they'd want the slave class to think. but I really don't know. It seems often times like too big a topic to try and pin down even though we're seeing a lot of evidence both for and against. Like they both seem to have "some legs" to stand on so I don't know what to think.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ive heard a couple of really good arguments and explanations for flat earth.

The 1 that stuck out as being quite convincing were plane routes, they never seem to fly direct and in fact the routes only make sense when looked at from a flat earth perspective.

According to flat earth Antarctica is the rim of our disc

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
there's also sort of the video game vr type of theory. Which would make sphere and flat both real. Because what's happening in that model is basically the matrix were there is "nothing out there in the distance". There's nothing there. In a video game it comes into perspective when you look. When you don't look "there's nothing waiting there". That's the whole quantum physics theory. Like nothing shows up until you look. That's sort of how a 3d video game is. It's all 1's and 0's, until you look and then it comes into perspective. But again that's just another theory, which I don't know much about nor can explain well. but it would sort of make the ball and flat earthers both have legs

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
there's also sort of the video game vr type of theory. Which would make sphere and flat both real. Because what's happening in that model is basically the matrix were there is "nothing out there in the distance". There's nothing there. In a video game it comes into perspective when you look. When you don't look "there's nothing waiting there". That's the whole quantum physics theory. Like nothing shows up until you look. That's sort of how a 3d video game is. It's all 1's and 0's, until you look and then it comes into perspective. But again that's just another theory, which I don't know much about nor can explain well. but it would sort of make the ball and flat earthers both have legs

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join