It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Flat Earth...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthtalk44
It seems often times like too big a topic to try and pin down even though we're seeing a lot of evidence both for and against. Like they both seem to have "some legs" to stand on so I don't know what to think.

Yet, every planet you see through a telescope shows a round disc. This would require that either every other body you can see detail on with a telescope is spherical and Earth is flat, or that somehow the other planets are also flat but no matter where they are in their orbit, they contrive to present a flat surface to our point of view. Which is loony. And what about the Sun? Round disc, right? So, the Sun, it's flat? Is it spinning so that it, too, always presents a flat surface to the Earth? Isn't that getting a bit complicated?

You can also see other planets rotate, especially Mars, but with a decent telescope you can observe the Moon's libration. With a dedicated telescope and a digital camera, you can do a time lapse movie of the Moon librating over a month's time.

You can also watch the moons of Jupiter going behind the planet and coming back out again.

Also if you had even a smattering of physics it would be obvious that flat planets have a lot of issues. Not the least of which would be, what happens to the atmosphere?
edit on 11-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44

Can you please reply to my question to you in page 1?

Can you please tell me where the edge of the world (allegedly)is?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
similar to the hawaii video, here's another island spotted 125 miles away. Most of it above ground:

Also from Genoa, on bright clear days, the island of Elba can be seen an incredible 125 miles away! If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Elba should be forever invisible behind 8770 feet of curvature.

"mirage my azz"

ip.bitcointalk.org... S3SzCKPgLA

ip.bitcointalk.org... t94AN2Dw
edit on 11-12-2016 by truthtalk44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthtalk44
similar to the hawaii video, here's another island spotted 125 miles away. Most of it above ground:

Also from Genoa, on bright clear days, the island of Elba can be seen an incredible 125 miles away! If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference, Elba should be forever invisible behind 8770 feet of curvature.

Look at your photo. Not the distance. Look in the foreground, at the bottom. Wow! It's taken from a pretty tall vantage point, right?

That changes your geometry. A lot. And it's why a lot of these guys crop that sort of thing out.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hundreds of companies and countries have sent multiple satellites into space. All together they employ thousands if not millions of people who worked / work on these satellite projects. Yet you believe that millions of people can keep this secret and no flat earth photos have ever been leaked? All the pictures of earth from space are fake? The astronaut videos from the ISS are fake?

The flat earth theory is so far beyond ridiculous. Want to prove it to your self? Strap a go pro to a rocket or a balloon. Lucky for you its been done before.

This video must be fake then right?

How the hell did they fake this one?!?!?!

edit on 11-12-2016 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lets just call flat earthers what they are, ignorant morons who would believe anything. Can any of you "beleivers" explain how our atmosphere adheres to the "disc"? Lemme guess, way up in the sky "they" have installed a clear glass dome to keep the air in ....

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

In fact you are on a spaceship orbiting the planet Zarg and everything your senses tells you is true, is actually a illusion in your brain image.

The cool thing is, is that there is nothing you can say to prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I am not saying the earth is flat, but for every one of those videos, there is one of these.

Also, they make some good arguments, and I don't see the reason for others to call them names or ridicule them. You won't convince anyone that way.

P.S. I like the song in this one... that is why I picked it.
edit on 11-12-2016 by Dapaga because: add comment

edit on 11-12-2016 by Dapaga because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

That video uses a fish eye lens. Using one of those you could make it look convex if you wanted to and it actually DOES @ 3:39.

What names did I call anyone? I said the THEORY is beyond ridiculous and it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There really is some good evidence for the flat earth. There are pictures from the air of the horizon being flat instead of curved, and the whole thing about flights in the southern hemisphere is very intriguing. For instance, why would a plane from South Africa to Australia need to go all the way north to the middle east to refuel when, according to the globe, they could just fly a straight shot?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I do see what you mean about the fish eye lens, but the same could be said for the NASA videos. My point was that video evidence of a high altitude balloon is not going to prove it to a flat earther. Just as an example: here is one without.

Oh, and I wasn't referring to you about the insults.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

planes fly " great circle routes " google it - and they do make perfect sense if you look at the routs on a globe

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

please cite which flights you refer too

in the meantime - johannasburg [ RSA ] > perth [ AUS ]

direct flight - that is imposible on the flat earth delusion [ no commercial airliner can carry passengers and freight that distance ]

also - no commercial airliner can fly fast enough to do the trip in 9h 20m in the flat earth delusion

evidence

if you are honest - all flight make sense

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

please cite the altitude of the observer in that vid - it is important

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

actually - you do have to leave the basement to preform the Eratosthenes experiment

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Bedlam

actually - you do have to leave the basement to preform the Eratosthenes experiment

Technically, I suppose. Backyard, then.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
There really is some good evidence for the flat earth. There are pictures from the air of the horizon being flat instead of curved, and the whole thing about flights in the southern hemisphere is very intriguing. For instance, why would a plane from South Africa to Australia need to go all the way north to the middle east to refuel when, according to the globe, they could just fly a straight shot?

Wow, a few pictures where the horizon appears flat and a half-ass theory that falls apart with even the most casual of scrutiny ...I used to think the vastly overwhelming amount of evidence of a round earth, coupled with .....ah screw it, I'm done wasting my time here, this topic is a troll's wet dream. I don't make generalizations often, but anyone that truly believes this garbage is an utter moron.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

i think they are litto alien supercomputers, and their my friends....

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Champ, the Earth is 40'075 km in circumference, and its wider at the equator than the poles (due to the centripital forces of the earth rotating on its axis)

You cant use incorrect figures to back up your incorrect theory, that not how this "scientific investigation" thing works.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I just want to make sure I understand you right, its 2016 and you are trying to say there is good evidence that the Earth ia flat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join