It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
So Russia influenced the election the same why a reporter, not revealing their sources, would by exposing corruption?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What the DNC does not want to admit is they failed to secure there own internet systems just like hillary's own system was open to hacking.

If trump's system would have been hacked that would have been news.
But the RNC had very good internet security and it protected them from looking like FOOLS.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: superbanjo

originally posted by: superbanjo
I am really surprised to see people on here not recognizing this as being shocking news and terrible. Even for Trump supporters, I think any decent American would feel compelled to defend our countries right and duty to have an election determined by Americans for Americans. The idea that they would engineer or attempt to crosses a line in the sand but maybe we are too polarized to even put our country and values ahead of our affiliations.

Funny Obama tried to use a ground game in Israel to influence Israel's presidential election?

What does that have to do with this CIA report indicating that Russia is manipulating the US election? That is the topic... And I am an America so I don't care about Israel in this instance. I care that the foundation of our freedom, which is our vote,is being undermined by a historic nemesis.

One, how can you trust the Obama ran CIA?

Two, if you don't like others influencing our elections, you should be outraged by the USA doing the same injustice.

Who would you trust then? Maybe, the 16 other agencies that said Russia was influencing the election?

Revisited....

The same people that claimed benghazi was an impromptu attack over a video and not a coordinated attack with RPGs and other heavy combat weapons?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
What the DNC does not want to admit is they failed to secure there own internet systems just like hillary's own system was open to hacking.

If trump's system would have been hacked that would have been news.
But the RNC had very good internet security and it protected them from looking like FOOLS.

To be accurate, very few people/orgs/groups can truly secure their systems from the major Intel folk. If Russian SVR or an agitating group within NSA/CIA wanted to access a server...they'd access the server.

On those terms, it's unlikely the RNC server is bullet-proof and suggests the DNC leaks were politically motivated.

On the bright side, *all* Parties should learn about security. The UK gov has 'lost' DVDs with millions of people's personal details on them - never learn. On the down side, we are all vulnerable to intrusions no matter what we do to protect our systems.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The CIA/NSA/FBI can't even track down creators of ransomware, were suppose to believe made up CIA assessment that has ZERO evidence to back it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Slightly off-topic...apologies to members

I had reason to look into the 'perception management' concept a couple of years ago. It was a thread idea relating to Intel and politics.

The wiki page was an exercise in 'perception management' with links and citations that were inaccurate or plain deceitful. It's not the first time I've caught a bad wiki page; that one stood out as the worst. To a large degree, the concept of 'pm' is practically mythical and caught me by surprise.

ETA - just checked the wiki and they've finally bannered it as a bad page. Good for them

edit on 12.10.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's confusing to me that people are completely dismissing this when it is being reported that Obama is calling for a deeper investigation and members of the Senate Intelligence committee want Obama to declassify some of what they have already found, so it can be released to the public.

Even sources like Fox News are saying it was already known in the intelligence circles that perhaps the Russians were up to something.

The intelligence community already has probed suspected foreign intervention in the U.S. election, having concluded earlier that Russia-backed actors likely were involved in breaching and releasing Democratic Party emails during the 2016 cycle.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Goose and Gander Syndrome?

Every major power is trying to influence domestic politics of foreign rivals and hates it when it happens to them. Snowden's leaks showed major powers (NSA) spying on enemies and allies lol. If they're doing it, so are the Russians, Chinese, Japanese etc

We'll never know. If proof of Russians is released, will we be sure it wasn't a US intel group or that the 'proof' is checkable? What a time to live in. Truth is an early casualty and it's a damn shame.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Good point. We may never know the entire truth and it is not unreasonable to suggest that everyone has their hands in the cookie jar at one point or another.

The US sure does have a history of messing with the elections of other countries.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If I got this correctly, Russia influenced the US elections by hacking the democratic party and exposing the truth about them?

Or am I missing something here? Did Russia directly influence the elections?
edit on 600k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm amazed at how this thread got this long with no information and no actual sources, but I digress. Once again the lib media can't even acknowledge the faults of its own party. Its akin to a kid getting in trouble and blaming the teacher. Let's blame Russia for the racist, bigoted emails from podesta, let's blame Russia for brazile leaking the debate questions, let's blame Russia for hrc lying to the FBI and congress, let's blame Russia for the dnc coercing to overthrow a Bernie nomination. Its all Russia's fault right not the steaming pile of dog # that is the DNC and hrc.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think the DNC was trying to help Trump win too.

If they hadn't have stacked the deck in Hillary's favor, Bernie would probably be the President elect right now.

CNN had a hand in it too.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: theantediluvian

Odd, some sources say the CIA provided the information to Wikileaks.

"some sources" is a placeholder for BS...More so without citation or link.

It is similar to Trump's repeated refrain "people say" or "a lot of people think".

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Or Jeil Storm backed by Soros / Clinton demanding a recount with NO proof of election hacking.

By the why, were is the outrage over Soros trying to buy elections?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

By the why, where is the outrage over Soros trying to buy elections?

That's different. When Soros does it, he's a social justice warrior, protecting the planet against evil.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hopefully the first thing President Trump does is send the warmongers spreading these lies packing. They will never work in the public sector again.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: BlueMule
It was pretty obvious what was going on. Wikileaks picks on NATO, etc.

The election scales were tipped by:

1. Russia
2. Comey
3. Fake news

You guys need to snap out of your denial.

Ummmm - No.

The election was influenced heavily by the truth exposed via the Wikileaks emails.

True, but Wikileaks is a Russian weapon aimed at NATO.

Let's put the blame where it actually lies, shall we? Or are we not grown-ups here?

There's plenty of blame to go around. HRC deserves plenty of it but not all.

I don't think she should be POTUS. But neither should trump.

Russian interference has tainted the conspiracy theory community and the election. Both need a reboot.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: theantediluvian

I would be highly suspicious of a news story that claims to be revealing something secret from within the intelligence community.

John Podesta's email was hacked because he lost his iPhone in DC.

And as per usual, this article is all puff and no substance.

Your claim is FACTUALLY WRONG at best and INTENTIONAL FALSE INFORMATION at worst.

John Podesta's email was hacked on March 19th, 2016 by Fancy Bear APT28 (advanced persistent threat) via a Phishing Ploy hiding behind a Bitly link posing as the GMail Service.

Fancy Bear is the cyber warfare team for Russian Military Intelligence.

Not to be confused with Cozy Bear APT29, which is Russian FSB (FSB is the new KGB post USSR)...Though both Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear work together for common missions, they also compete to outdo one another.

Guccifer 2.0 is a persona that Fancy Bear APT28 uses at times for attempted misdirection.

Colin Powel's email was hacked at the same time and Fancy Bear also targeted 108 email addresses in the Hillary Clinton campaign

* They also made the mistake of not closing one of the links, thus leaving the door open for security experts to fully trace the hack.

* This was near identical to the link that Colin Powell, Podesta and others responded to.

*This was the actual fake Bitly Link that was targeted to Podesta that Fancy Bear accidentally left non-private and allowed Cyber Security experts to monitor and trace-back.

arstechnica.com...

Crowdstrike, Secureworks and several other non-partisan, non-political cyber security firms have traced the hack and links directly to Fancy Bear (Russian Military Intelligence).

www.crowdstrike.com...

www.secureworks.com...

dailycaller.com...

www.esquire.com...

motherboard.vice.com...

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

The above links contain various information gleaned at different points of the analysis and investigation as it has been evolving.

Combined ...the evidence now traces directly back to Fancy Bear.

The big break was the one bitly link that wasn't closed after exploitation..

It was one of Fancy Bear’s “gravest mistakes,” as Thomas Rid, a professor at King's College who has closely studied the case, put it in a new piece published on Thursday in Esquire, as it gave researchers unprecedented visibility into the activities of Fancy Bear, linking different parts of its larger campaign together.

motherboard.vice.com...

edit on 10-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Hopefully the first thing President Trump does is send the warmongers spreading these lies packing. They will never work in the public sector again.

Trumps cabinet picks are near exclusively Military or Private Sector CEO's.

These are not Warmongers spreading lies. These are intelligence analysts...and private cyber security firms...doing their jobs.

They have presented clear evidence and explanations...You have simply said crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join