It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: superbanjo
I am really surprised to see people on here not recognizing this as being shocking news and terrible. Even for Trump supporters, I think any decent American would feel compelled to defend our countries right and duty to have an election determined by Americans for Americans. The idea that they would engineer or attempt to crosses a line in the sand but maybe we are too polarized to even put our country and values ahead of our affiliations.

Funny Obama tried to use a ground game in Israel to influence Israel's presidential election?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Yeah, again, no red flags here -

Obama wants the report before he leaves office Jan. 20, Monaco said. The review will be led by James Clapper, the outgoing director of national intelligence, officials said.

What does that mean?

You expect Trump to investigate a security breach that benefited him?

No I expect Obama to create a report that supports Democratic talking points in an effort to cast Trump's presidency as illegitimate. As Democratic talking points have been pushing since they lost.

Getting the report before he leaves office also allows him to push the illegitimate presidency talking point.

So it is more important for Trump to look good than to stand against Russia engineering US democracy? That sounds like a mad position for an American to take I'm sorry to say, are you American?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I am really surprised to see people on here not recognizing this as being shocking news and terrible. Even for Trump supporters, I think any decent American would feel compelled to defend our countries right and duty to have an election determined by Americans for Americans. The idea that they would engineer or attempt to crosses a line in the sand but maybe we are too polarized to even put our country and values ahead of our affiliations.

Funny Obama tried to use a ground game in Israel to influence Israel's presidential election?

What does that have to do with this CIA report indicating that Russia is manipulating the US election? That is the topic... And I am an America so I don't care about Israel in this instance. I care that the foundation of our freedom, which is our vote,is being undermined by a historic nemesis.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

You would have to ask the Russians. But a good guess would be Hillary was planning the continued opposition and ignoring the sovereignty of the current Syrian president who is backed and allied with Russia.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You would have to ask the Russians. But a good guess would be Hillary was planning the continued opposition and ignoring the sovereignty of the current Syrian president who is backed and allied with Russia.

that is the first intellectually honest answer I have gotten on this site. sounds right to me

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

that is the first intellectually honest answer I have gotten on this site. sounds right to me

Glad you think so highly of yourself your approval means what?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Is it just me, or does that WaPo article seem an aweful lot like, I think it's sorcha fall or some # like that? The ones who always get their sources from "The Kremlin" lol.

It is just you trying to paint them as "Fake News" because you dont agree with them and not because they are actually a fake news peddler.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

What does that have to do with this CIA report indicating that Russia is manipulating the US election? That is the topic... And I am an America so I don't care about Israel in this instance. I care that the foundation of our freedom, which is our vote,is being undermined by a historic nemesis.

One, how can you trust the Obama ran CIA?

Two, if you don't like others influencing our elections, you should be outraged by the USA doing the same injustice.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Two, if you don't like others influencing our elections, you should be outraged by the USA doing the same injustice.

Who would you trust then? Maybe, the 16 other agencies that said Russia was influencing the election?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Like the FBI and DOJ that ignored the blatant lies of Hillary breaking laws concerning classified information. Or Obama lying that he didn't know about Hillary's private server when it was proven he emailed Hillary using his pseudonym to her private server? The same agencies that turned a blind eye to the IRS targeting of conservatives or fast and the furious?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We'll never know for sure, will we? Nevertheless I think it makes intuitive sense that Russian Intel would have favoured a Trump win above the Dems. He represents an unknown quantity and might potentially destabilise the US which would be a Russian political goal. Dems are not only hostile to Russia; they actively work against Russian interests. It's only natural Russia would prefer someone else and Trump couldn't suit them more.

Before some Trump fan comes through with a ranty post, no, I'm not saying Trump 'will' destabilise the US and, no, I'm not saying he 'wants' to either. Eggshells, eh? Trump has a lot of plans that may, or may not, backfire. Nobody knows exactly what will happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The reason not to trust it is easy. Trump having dialog with Russia is one thing, and Putin wanting him to win is also nothing to base a claim of criminal collusion with a foreign government to circumvent an election or change the outcome. Last week our government said there is no evidence that any foreign government penetrated our election systems in any way shape or form.
Just because Putin was rooting' for Trump means absolutely nothing. Putin wanting Trump to win was natural expectation after seeing how crooked Hillary was making very serious threats against Russia to cover her own feared defeat by Trump.

Sounds like you are making excuses. I just think it is lame to fool yourself into something that is bad for your country just because "your guy" won and it is self serving. I just did a search and news from big to small is acknowledging this as being e legitimate CIA report to senior congressional leaders. I did a search and Republican congressional leaders who were there and in the know have not claimed that this information is false.

I don't like Hillary I don't really like Trump, but I sure as hell know Russia does not have any business doing engineering american elections. I really can't believe you guys are so content and eager to cover Russia's ass., strange conservatives you are, like twisted backwards. Anyways, go Russia!!!

All I am seeing is excuses by the DNC and Clinton, and now even "boo-hew OBama" whom just switched on this issue, to cast blame on a boogy man, namely Russia, for their own defeat which in truth was their own criminality and low down skunk behavior throughout the Clinton campaign which is dirtier than the blackest of sins that caused their defeat. Just think Seth Rich and Bernie Sanders, and Hillary hiring Debbie Schwartz after the embarrassing exposure of criminality on all their parts, including the MSM helping them cheat with the dialog in advance controlling all the narratives.

All those things made them lose, not some super Russian cracking team with Donald at the helm with his hammer and sickle in hand. That narrative fits in perfectly with "Ludicrous online lies" and only fits in with that.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

How is this not criminal?

Title: Clinton ally gave $500K to wife of FBI agent on email probe

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a longtime Clinton confidant, helped steer $675,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an FBI official who went on to lead the probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email system, according to a report.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Ha, that's funny.

The CIA isn't "run" by Obama. Oh, sure ...Obama is the POTUS and there's the illusion of him being in charge...

Hell, the CIA is so compartmentalized, two people working in side-by-side offices might not know what the other does.

In reality, however, if the CIA wanted to replace Obama, they could

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

True and sadly true. There was a documents dump on wikileaks a few years back that covered memos and emails from CIA or FBI post-9/11. What they showed was way too much isolation between departments, agencies, locations, floors and desks. There was inter-departmental rivalry as well as one hand not knowing what the other was doing.

Basically a massive, expensive and extensive apparatus that doesn't communicate with itself.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Do you understand how political parties, political mechines, and presidential appointments work?

www.whitehouse.gov...
President Obama Nominates John Brennan as CIA Director

www.whitehouse.gov...

President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts

WASHINGTON, DC – Today, President Barack Obama announced his intent to appoint the following individuals to key Administration posts:

David S. Cohen – Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Not sure if it is funny or sad... but it is amusing how some members that immediately dismissed any criticism of Hillary from an anonymous source now seem to think an anonymous source is 100% correct and justified...

I think I will go with funny and add a little whiskey to my coke to make it feel more true.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This story is gaining traction in Europe right now.
The headlines are being oversimplified to "Russia enabled Trump's victory"

To me, it feels as though the people who really run the shop, do absolutely not want the new guy installed.
It's as if all the stops are being pulled out, firstly with the recounts, then the Agency with this (anything from the FBI ?)

Hmm

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I thought the DNC like whistleblowers and the groups like anonymous using any means as necessary to reveal corruption. Oh, but not their own dirty deeds, love of money, and choice seats. The party for the elite donors. There seems to be a word for that?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Now I'm totally confused.

So the FBI claims that they were the ones to provide the leaks, and the CIA claims that the Russians were the ones to provide the leaks.

?!?!

Who to believe, who to believe....

Oh wait, I know !

Let's not believe any of this crap and just leave all these alphabet schmucks to wallow in their own little game playing shenanigans.

The rest of us are too busy washing our hair or scrubbing the mildew off of our shower curtains.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join