It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is Challenging China Even Before Becoming U.S. President.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The thing is that it was Reagan the one that made promises to Taiwan safety, as per luthier post. Trump will just make sure that they are honored.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't really care about Taiwan or China. The Chinese and and their 1.3 billion people care. Maybe someone should comfort them.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i hope Trump manages to get china angry... you know the country we owe the most money, and 70% trade manufacturing imports.
this will show how strong and qualified of a leader he is.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Trump did not initiate the call.

Trump answers a phone call and the world loses it mind.

Status Quo.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Maybe now we can manufacture in America again, The only reason China is where it is in manufacturing is because we made them, the same way that our nation private interest made Saudi Arabia the oil empire is today, so India, Japan and I can keep on and on, while our industrial base in America is dried and unemployment a big problem.

China holdings on the debt only hurt our nation, with keeping the 10-year Treasury at 2% and commodity markets at 1.6%, the in other words think that they have Americas economy in their hands, if we don't produce and buy their crap we depend on them, that is not so.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
North America has pissed off China before, they always get over it.

The U.S. president and Harper joina growing group of Western leaders who have chosen to greet the Dalai Lama in official venues despite criticism from China.

China says the Dalai Lama is a separatist political leader and considers it interference in China's domestic affairs whenever a world leader is seen to be offering support.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Kettu

You don't know what you're talking about. If your chinese overlords are so great, they sure do have the friendlist neighbors, hmmm? Don't compare ancient China to this cesspool of corruption in current day china. .

A cesspool of curruption is in every nation on this planet. Including your own government.

The west is one of the reasons we have seen a rise in terrorism. After all, we did train then. The west, including my country has alot to answer for.

If china was doing what we have done. People would be crying out how evil they are, and how they must be stopped. But it is okay if a western country is doing it because they are "liberaters"

Absolute joke!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Oh I would love to see Trump visit the Dalai Lama.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Oh I would love to see Trump visit the Dalai Lama.

Ah the lama. Life of 1st class travel and five star hotels being paid by stupid celebs since the CIA stopped his payroll.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just turned on CNN. They're ridiculously upset about this. Still. This'll be the main news until he does something else they don't like.

He said previously that he would talk to anyone, including North Korea.
That'll be interesting, a conversation with that dude......

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
This is the exact political correct bull# that gives US bad name. Dam POTUS can talk to any MF on the planet. China can kiss Trumps ass.

Trump isn't President yet or has that fact eluded you?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Xeven
This is the exact political correct bull# that gives US bad name. Dam POTUS can talk to any MF on the planet. China can kiss Trumps ass.

Trump isn't President yet or has that fact eluded you?

As good as though. Unless someone takes him out. And if that happens, then the true horror scenario might come true. Hillary as president!

Is that how it would work if trump is taken out?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

They were losing their minds last night.

This is such utter BS.

While they bloviate how Trump is stupidly risking war with a very important 'friend', no one with any sense is asking the obvious question then what kind of 'friend' would be willing to go to war over a phone call???

They are not.

In my view, the Chinese are neither friend or foe. They are opportunists operating under their own national interest.

Period.

This phone call is a bigger deal to the Trump haters than to China- though I'm sure, after our shameless domestic display, the Chinese will shortly take advantage of our internal division and lodge the appropriate diplomatic complaints.

So what?

The left has really lost it.

Where is their outrage over this? Uh-Oh: Bahamas Gives China green light to pursue fishing

That just happened, and right on our back-door. Pay attention to this post to really understand the significance of what is going on there.

There's plenty there for the left and right to be incensed about. But no. Total *crickets*.

Moreover, do I need to identify the dozens of other ways China is CURRENTLY undermining our national security, while we blissfully let them do it???

If China's cage is rattled over this phone call, then I'm glad for it. As is true with any international conflict, peace is only possible through strength. And for a very long time, we have only projected weakness.

edit on 3-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

They were losing their minds last night.

This is such utter BS.

While they bloviate how Trump is stupidly risking war with a very important 'friend', no one with any sense is asking the obvious question then of what kind of 'friend' would be willing to go to war over a phone call???

They are not.

In my view, the Chinese are neither friend or foe. They are opportunists operating under their own national interest.

Period.

This phone call is a bigger deal to the Trump haters than to China- though I'm sure, after our shameless domestic display, the Chinese will shortly take advantage of our internal division and lodge the appropriate diplomatic complaints.

So what?

The left has really lost it.

Where is their outrage over this? Uh-Oh: Bahamas Gives China green light to pursue fishing

That just happened, and right on our back-door. Pay attention to this post to really understand the significance of what is going on there.

There's plenty there for the left and right to be incensed about. But no. Total *crickets*.

Moreover, do I need to identify the dozens of other ways China is CURRENTLY undermining our national security, while we blissfully let them do it???

If China's cage is rattled over this phone call, then I'm glad for it. As is true with any international conflict, peace is only possible through strength. And for a very long time, we have only projected weakness.

All i see is people about this country and that, and pretty much ignoring there own countries horrors.

Yes, china are no saints. Byut what country is? The west has been the aggressor for a number of years now. Just look at the middle east and Libya for that.

And lets not forget the terrorists we fight, have been used by the west in many occasions. Libya is a great example.

At the end of the dsy, all governments have alot to answer for. But here we are not seeing that and just moaning about other countries.

There is a bigger picture here

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
All posturing and publicity. the phone call was planned and known about 12 hours ahead. China called it a gimmick by taiwan not a casus belli.
The whole taiwan situation, the US sells them billions in arms and has various defensive pact treaties to protect this rebel government according to One China sympathist. Didn't realize ATS was full of One China Sympathist.
It is more of a state than a non-state, if that UN vote would have went the other way and there was not so much anti-US sentiment at that time Taiwan would likely be considered its own nation by other governments.
also

edit on 3-12-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

To be clear, I'm not moaning about other countries. China is neither our friend or foe. I'm moaning about our country, because we've had our heads up our collective back-side, we've been deprived of oxygen for way too long.

It's time we convert our kleptocracy into a functioning republic and make better choices about our domestic AND international interests.

Like I said, peace only happens through strength. That is not the same thing as aggression.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

A war with who?

Don't give me that bull Un a China shop analogy. The mess of bad trade deals and bad foreign policies is hardly a peachy little China shop. More like the China shop was already being ransacked by the looting politicians and corporations, Trump is here to put a stop to it.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
All posturing and publicity. the phone call was planned and known about 12 hours ahead. China called it a gimmick by taiwan not a casus belli.
The whole taiwan situation, the US sells them billions in arms and has various defensive pact treaties to protect this rebel government according to One China sympathist. Didn't realize ATS was full of One China Sympathist.
It is more of a state than a non-state, if that UN vote would have went the other way and there was not so much anti-US sentiment at that time Taiwan would likely be considered its own nation by other governments.
also

Free tibet!!!!
Lets have tibet back to what it was before chinese rule. You know what it was like before chinese rule?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

To be clear, I'm not moaning about other countries. China is neither our friend or foe. I'm moaning about our country, because we've had our heads up our collective back-side, we've been deprived of oxygen for way too long.

It's time we convert our kleptocracy into a functioning republic and make better choices about our domestic AND international interests.

Like I said, peace only happens through strength. That is not the same thing as aggression.

We have had the same system in place for years. The system is broken, not judt financially, but also corruption wise too.

As long as we have this system, and this way of thinking, we will always be on the brink of financial disaster, and will always be on the brink of war.

Its a horrble system. Money driven, for the rich. Thats all.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Free tibet!!!! Lets have tibet back to what it was before chinese rule. You know what it was like before chinese rule?

goat herders and monks? I have no clue, enlighten me. I never cared much for the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join