It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is Challenging China Even Before Becoming U.S. President.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KettuStop being a victim bro.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yeah the Chinese are so crafty that they can enforce their will on others But however when Americans do it, of course it doesn't work. Because China is so much better at diplomacy even though it seems that just means bully your neighbors. Great long game if your playing mini golf. See China doesnt have a long game they have a problem they lost control in Asia. Look at North Korea a former puppet they have totally lost control to the point they need to build a wall. They have pissed off every one of their neighborThe policy of appeasement hasn't worked so maybe now is time for some push back.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is the exact political correct bull# that gives US bad name. Dam POTUS can talk to any MF on the planet. China can kiss Trumps ass.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: luthier

Would that start a Trade War? Or perhaps result in China demanding that we immediately pay what we owe them, instead of interest-only payments?

We did . In bundles of junk bonds and mortgages . Timely , too . Just after that , the market crashed making the aforementioned worthless.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is nothing new and I don't think there is a metaphorical middle finger being thrown by calling the Taiwain president. He has called many world leaders. He even called the afghan and pakistan leaders as well I believe.

To hell with china and what it voices.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You don't know what you're talking about. If your chinese overlords are so great, they sure do have the friendlist neighbors, hmmm? Don't compare ancient China to this cesspool of corruption in current day china.
No, the days of back ass trade deals, manipulation currency is over and china knows this. Their "rising" long stalled before trump came in and any growth from now on won't be the doublw digit numbers.

Trump know what he is doing. He knows and even acknowledges that chinese businessmen are tough and that when you negotiate, you gotta be 10 times tougher. Trust me and have faith you pleb.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If a war, trade or military, starts between the US and China, Russia must be giddy. It will mean our demise. 315 million against 1.3 billion, guess who wins that war. The only way we could win is with nuclear, and then lose at same time.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If Obama did this the left would be heaping praise upon him, but the adamant Trump bashers will always find a way to dissect these accomplishments to fit their own cognitive dissonance, as evidenced by this thread.

Trump could walk on water, heal the sick and turn water into wine... and they would say that he can't swim, puts doctors out of work and is an alcoholic.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Obama who

That alone tells you the none legacy president we had for 8 years, all he did was to fill US with refugees while allowing organizations like CAIR proliferate all over the nation at the expenses of tax payers.

Trump may not be president but he is giving a taste of what kind of president the rest of the world that had taken advantage of the US is going to be.

I can not get enough.

Still he needs approval from congress on anything he is planning unless he is doing it by executive decision.

edit on 3-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Well, one thing is for sure. A Trump presidency won't be boring.

I want to see one of the Trump haters in the MSM have a stroke on live T.V.. They're getting closer to it every day that Trump opens his mouth, LOL.

Having read several of your posts, I have no trouble, sadly, believing that you really mean that.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yeah the Chinese are so crafty that they can enforce their will on others But however when Americans do it, of course it doesn't work. Because China is so much better at diplomacy even though it seems that just means bully your neighbors. Great long game if your playing mini golf. See China doesnt have a long game they have a problem they lost control in Asia. Look at North Korea a former puppet they have totally lost control to the point they need to build a wall. They have pissed off every one of their neighborThe policy of appeasement hasn't worked so maybe now is time for some push back.
This seems closer to the truth. If China was so smart and capable of the long-game, why did it take them so long to discover that Communism fails and made their country a backwater hole nobody cared about and simply trampled over as needed? They did install bits of capitalism and convert to a mixed economy, which by the way makes the country fascist (like the USA), and now have started to revert back a few notches after great success.

It seems like I'm being hard on China but in fact China is just as good of a place to live as the US on balance except for the pollution. China and America are more or less equally free countries. On paper they look the same but China does not enforce their regulations like smoking inside of buildings. Oh here is the government mandated no-smoking sign, go ahead and smoke because we are not their little surfs and we do what we want here. Okay, in China you have less freedom of speech due to wrongful censorship, but your rights in many other topics are much stronger including property rights. Look at the pictures of houses smack dab in the middle of highways because the property owner wouldn't sell. This is strong property rights! Its less Communist than people understand. Starting your own business is easier.

Go under a bridge or something and have a garage sale in China. Notice how you are not harassed or worse by the local police for doing so. Now try the same thing in the USA. You'll be harassed because the big corporate retailers own the business rules in the USA and set them for them selves to crush competition down to and including children's lemonade stands.

The thing about Taiwan is it is clearly not part of China because otherwise Taiwan would be sending money to China as that's what makes a country a country... the thugs at the top take your money and then you are part of their racket. Taiwan would be wise to eliminate all trade with China and become more self-sufficient. China's population does not realize feeling honor and pride is a VICE not a virtue. It is that feeling that is causing them to bury their hand in the sand on Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
If a war, trade or military, starts between the US and China, Russia must be giddy. It will mean our demise. 315 million against 1.3 billion, guess who wins that war. The only way we could win is with nuclear, and then lose at same time.

Not true, thankfully.

Any war that might be fought, would be fought between the nations' militaries...and the U.S. still has by far the most powerful military in the world - and has the capability to project that power to Asia. China is, for the moment, more of a regional military power.

That aside for the moment (because nobody would want a conflict like that to start, not the least of why is because it would risk the eventual use of nuclear weapons, if it became very serious), the fact that China has over 1.3 billion people is as much a weight as it is a strength. That is an awful lot of people to keep employed, fed and happy.

The Communist Government's biggest fear is not an invasion by America (or elsewhere), but that the people would become unhappy...and then rise up and throw them out. A Trade War with the West is the very last thing that China needs, because if America (and other sympathetic nations) suddenly stopped taking their manufactured goods...and stopped shipping them raw materials...China would convulse and crumble.

So, don't be too sure about America's demise...

Now, the Chinese are not stupid, and so you should also not expect that they will do anything precipitous as Trump stakes out a new level playing field for America. They will do everything they can to keep things cool, and to avoid any rapid decline in their economy, by playing along as best they can.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

That's a real nice story that doesn't reflect reality.

America the society would not fare well in a trade war.

The military could win sure, but that is hardly the only aspect to this. First off its the US in the wrong if trade deals are torn up that have been agreed apon. Second the chinese are much deeper entangled into America then I believe you recognize.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A phone call is not going to start a war, so chill.

Anyway, the US DOES have a relationship with Taiwan.

Under the Taiwan Relations Act, the US will protect Taiwan if China attacks or invades Taiwan.
President Reagan made "Six Promises" to Taiwan, including that the US would not takes sides with China against Taiwan, and does not formally recognize Chinese sovereignty over Taiwan.

Taiwan also has diplomatic offices (although not embassies) in the 13 US cities, including Washington DC.

I don't see anything wrong with the Trump talking to other world leaders.
It sounds like a path to strong diplomatic relations.
I don't think the US should be bullied by other countries to determine our allies.

President Reagan's Six Assurances to Taiwan and Their Meaning Today

diplomatic US locations

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
A phone call is not going to start a war, so chill.

Anyway, the US DOES have a relationship with Taiwan.

Under the Taiwan Relations Act, the US will protect Taiwan if China attacks or invades Taiwan.
President Reagan made "Six Promises" to Taiwan, including that the US would not takes sides with China against Taiwan, and does not formally recognize Chinese sovereignty over Taiwan.

Taiwan also has diplomatic offices (although not embassies) in the 13 US cities, including Washington DC.

I don't see anything wrong with the Trump talking to other world leaders.
It sounds like a path to strong diplomatic relations.
I don't think the US should be bullied by other countries to determine our allies.

President Reagan's Six Assurances to Taiwan and Their Meaning Today

diplomatic US locations

This is true but, the chinese are very macho when it comes to symbolic actions. It's very strange for such level people but, they get very heated over symbolic respect or lack of respect.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Uh oh:
China's foreign ministry said Saturday it has lodged a complaint with the United States over a controversial phone call between President-elect Donald Trump and Taiwan's President that has overturned decades of diplomatic protocol.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Maybe this is a non-story, since Donald Trump is still a Private Citizen. It's funny though, that the Mainstream Media has thrown Obama to the curb and started reporting on Trump's actions, like he's already the President!

-CareWeMust

Started???

They haven't stopped covering Trump since he announced his running. Reporting on Trumps actions isn't exactly a new thing in the Media or haven't you noticed???

Not sure where you're getting that idea from.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah, they'll go after Trump, right after they convict Hillary.

Especially when those bookies have nukes.

So do we. And aircraft carriers, stealth bombers, blahblahblah.....
And since when do the bookies kill their cash machines? I'm sure China is going to nuke their largest customers. I'm glad to see someone step up and stop us taking it up the ass on trade deals. Obama didn't have the cojones to do it and Hillary would have just went with the status quo.
edit on 3-12-2016 by DAVID64 because: forgot the quote

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I expect a boost in the US nuclear programs, after the boost in the military.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I was watching the news this morning and am seeing that Taiwan is the one who called Trump. It almost seemed like the MSM is making it like Trump called them. They called and said congratulations. If China wants to nuke us for someone answering a phone call then so be it. We don't need to exists as a species if it has come to this. Rather childish if you ask me. But nobody asked me. So its just my .02 cents.

edit on 3-12-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: You would of got on my arse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join