It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Ohio State Columbus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by matafuchs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Raw interviews...

nbc4i.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The dead attacker was believed to be an Ohio State student — a Somali refugee who lived near campus, NBC News reported.
Link

Channel 10 is saying the car traced to Mohammed Ali and the police are now at the address associated with the car registered to Ali.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So, the attacker was a Somali refugee, and used one of the methods that ISIS has been suggesting for a couple of years now?

I really don't think it will be hard to figure out his motive.

Current reports on Foxnews.com are suggesting that he was only armed with a butcher knife, and that the shots were fired by campus police.

What is the current word on those two guys that were arrested? Someone said they were just getting high.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
So, the attacker was a Somali refugee, and used one of the methods that ISIS has been suggesting for a couple of years now?

I really don't think it will be hard to figure out his motive.

Current reports on Foxnews.com are suggesting that he was only armed with a butcher knife, and that the shots were fired by campus police.

What is the current word on those two guys that were arrested? Someone said they were just getting high.

*armed with a knife and a car

FTFY

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: matafuchs
Well, it seems very coordinated. If the tweets are correct you have the following.

1. A fire alarm triggered to get students outside. They would be worried about that threat and not others.
2. Car pulls up and ran over people. Then 'exploded' in some fashion. Seems it did not work and the secondary weapon was a machete.
3. Shots fired were from law enforcement to kill driver(?)
4. This would mean there is at least ONE other person involved.

Looks like this could have been a lot worse than it was. Early in the day....I would think all campuses would be on high alert right now.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Why is the press calling this a "mass shooting"...if the terrorist is using a car and a machete to attack people?

Good question. Another good question is, what else is going on simultaneously that we're not supposed to be paying attention to? They know damn well there's no shooting. This is a diversion.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Ooops. Unfortunately, the cameras had been disabled last week due to maintenance.

Just kidding. It's not like these sorts of things 'happen'

I guess we will find out soon enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Another suspect is in custody too. He is reported to be a Somali refugee, as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh look! Another terrorist from Somalia. Is it ok know to say it was ISIS inspired because it sure was not inspired by the KKK. Don't want to get reported for profiling on ATSNN again.
edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-28T13:38:17-06:000117 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Probably the no-fly zone set up in Syria...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wonder if he's the guy who pulled the fire alarm. The reports are saying the alarm was pulled before the guy in the car hit the building, so either there was someone else inside the building, or that was the most unfortunately-timed fire drill in history.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I live less than two miles from that scene. I heard a clear explosion. I also heard shots from what had to be multiple weapons.

I live close enough to hear the roar of the crowd on football Saturdays, so everything I heard was clear as a bell.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Good grief...I forgot about that, thank you. People better wake the hell up pretty quick if that's the case.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
I live less than two miles from that scene. I heard a clear explosion. I also heard shots from what had to be multiple weapons.

I live close enough to hear the roar of the crowd on football Saturdays, so everything I heard was clear as a bell.

Heard there was a small explosion in the car...Don't know if it was an accidental detonation...or controlled by police.

Shots were police taking out the terrorist.

edit on 28-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How many bullets does a machete hold. Is it based on the magazine size.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Well they've covered all the usual bases so far; Muslim maniac, check. Multiple suspects but quickly confirmed lone assailant, check. Suspect dead and therefore unable to confirm or deny anything, check. Official story stubbornly sticking to that narrative, despite witness accounts such as yours that do not support it, check. Pretty soon they'll find social media accounts with pat, convenient connections to something sinister. Rinse and repeat.

I'm glad you were out of the immediate danger zone, by the way.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

There are two stories in the media.

Students say there was a fire alarm pulled. Other reports are there was a chlorine leak 'called in'. Bottom line is there was someone else unless he 'called' it in.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How many bullets does a machete hold. Is it based on the magazine size.

The MSM is preferring to call it a "butcher" knife...rather than "Machete"...Sounds less foreign 'terrorist-ish'
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So we have another Muslim attack on our hands? PET had better make good on his words.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's my thinking as well. They were quick, controlled bursts and the explosion didn't sound super huge.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join