It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Ohio State Columbus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Heard there was a small explosion in the car...Don't know if it was an accidental detonation...or controlled by police.

You know, every time I hear about the bomb squad detonating a suspicious package "as a precaution," I imagine a bunch of rednecks blowing stuff up just because they can, even tho they know it's just a gym bag with someone's smelly workout clothes

Seriously, I'm guessing the attacker rigged the car to explode, but it didn't work like he planned, and the knife was his back-up method.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: TomLawless

Well they've covered all the usual bases so far; Muslim maniac, check. Multiple suspects but quickly confirmed lone assailant, check. Suspect dead and therefore unable to confirm or deny anything, check. Official story stubbornly sticking to that narrative, despite witness accounts such as yours that do not support it, check. Pretty soon they'll find social media accounts with pat, convenient connections to something sinister. Rinse and repeat.

I'm glad you were out of the immediate danger zone, by the way.

Yup. I ran into the house and turned on the police scanner (my dog had to pee) and the news. When they started rolling with the coverage a few minutes later, the story was just way off to me.

They closed my road off super quick. I decided to stay home and do stuff around the house. I have a pitbull and a shotgun, I figure I'm safe.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
18 year old Somali (of Somali decent and community) was the attacker
edit on 11/28/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
18 year old Somali was the attacker

So this piece of # was welcomed into MY country, given FREE access to college-level education, and STILL decided to kill us?

I'm getting REALLY sick of these muslims.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

There are two stories in the media.

Students say there was a fire alarm pulled. Other reports are there was a chlorine leak 'called in'. Bottom line is there was someone else unless he 'called' it in.

Not completely contradictory. If there is a chlorine gas leak, the students need to be evacuated and the fire alarm would be a way to achieve that. If the situation was an emergency, I doubt they told everyon why they were being eveacuated, so as far as some were concerned, the alarm was simply "pulled" because they weren't informed fully at the time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

CNN didn't give a name or state if he was a citizen or immigrant.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I thought it was already stated he was a Somali refugee.

yup

Law enforcement officials told NBC News the suspect's name is 18-year-old Abdul Razaq Artan, a student at the university. He was a Somali refugee who left his homeland with his family in 2007, lived in Pakistan and then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident of the United States, officials said.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 28-11-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

(post by IAMTAT removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Battelle Memorial Institute is right there at the OSU campus. Some of you may remember allegations they were involved with MKULTRA or similar projects at one time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieAtTheGap
Battelle Memorial Institute is right there at the OSU campus. Some of you may remember allegations they were involved with MKULTRA or similar projects at one time.

Nope, not buying it. Besides, we already have a much larger version of MKultra in ISIS-inspired muslim rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I thought it was already stated he was a Somali refugee.

yup

Law enforcement officials told NBC News the suspect's name is 18-year-old Abdul Razaq Artan, a student at the university. He was a Somali refugee who left his homeland with his family in 2007, lived in Pakistan and then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident of the United States, officials said.

www.nbcnews.com...

I believe there were TWO. One dead...one in custody.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm sitting here a bit stunned right now. There was an actual terrorist attack (largely unsuccessful as it was) right out my front door. I can literally drive over there in three or four minutes.

I pay close attention to these things when they happen. I read about them, I check out all the angles and eyewitness testimony and I never really understood how detached I really was, though. When it's this close? It just feels like a kick to the gut. It really can happen anywhere.

I often think about how Battelle Industries is even closer, and how much of a big target it would be.

www.battelle.org...

Lots if big time top secret stuff going on there.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
I'm sitting here a bit stunned right now. There was an actual terrorist attack (largely unsuccessful as it was) right out my front door. I can literally drive over there in three or four minutes.

I pay close attention to these things when they happen. I read about them, I check out all the angles and eyewitness testimony and I never really understood how detached I really was, though. When it's this close? It just feels like a kick to the gut. It really can happen anywhere.

I often think about how Battelle Industries is even closer, and how much of a big target it would be.

www.battelle.org...

Lots if big time top secret stuff going on there.

Why attack big CO. When they can get a better response from kids getting injured or killed while simply trying to get an education?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good point. I guess it would be more of an attractive nuke strike candidate.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
President-Elect Trump responds to OSU situation. Quick response, very thoughtful and presidential.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This is all what I like to call "Micro-Transaction Terrorism"... no need for a hefty initial payout, instead nickel and dime their way into generating fear. It's actually a very effective psychological technique as pockets of small incidents leave room for false lapses in a sense of security.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is what hits home....

Photo of Ali Muhammad the Terrorist at Ohio State University our kindness is our weakness and these radicals know it and use it.

They do and still are.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

18 year old Somali was the attacker

So this piece of # was welcomed into MY country, given FREE access to college-level education, and STILL decided to kill us?

I'm getting REALLY sick of these muslims.

Yep, and I wounder how the inclusive safe space SJW types are feeling? I'll bet they are asking themselves what they did wrong and how they could have been more inclusive to the evil terrorist scum..

So the left wants to disarm us and bring people like this in to finish the job. What a joke Obama and his Black Panther Klan have become.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

This is all what I like to call "Micro-Transaction Terrorism"... no need for a hefty initial payout, instead nickel and dime their way into generating fear. It's actually a very effective psychological technique as pockets of small incidents leave room for false lapses in a sense of security.

And they dont' have to be in contact with any of the executors, save for social media.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join