It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Writing is a curse. I cannot put down the pen. I agree, we should be suspicious of the obsessed. But I don't stand on a stage in front of a booing crowd and patronize the one the crowd is booing at. That is beyond my conceit.

I also agree that they are opportunists, but instead of seeking unity, they followed the crowd. Like I said: tribalism.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But I don't stand on a stage in front of a booing crowd and patronize the one the crowd is booing at.

That didn't happen at the event we're talking about

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am referring to the video.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Leftoeroticism?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
100% agree here!! I am totally non partisan but this was a disgrace! They claimed afterwards they enjoyed the "conversation" this wasn't a conversation it was a hatchet job, I don't care if Ur trump , pence, hilary or pol pot! As all performers know, he who controls the Mike controls the show, I'm not even bothered about pence, he's in the game, he can take it, but if I was in that audience and paid for a show, id be disgusted that they used the opportunity to host a political statement! If I'm there seeing a show and the cast makes any kind of statement, I'm associated with that regardless. (Hey jim, hear you were at that show last night where the cast said at the end o the night homosexuality is an abomination.. Didn't think U were like that dude!.. Same same!!) they should be ashamed of themselves, and full disclosure the lady who put on the show was a hilary supporter! Separation of church n state and art! Not anymore ! a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Leftoeroticism?

You coined a word. But it's more solipsism than anything else. They cannot see beyond their own feelings. All of it is motive for self-aggrandizing. Leftosolipsism would be more apt.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I saw the video and it showed nothing like what you described happened. Not booing, no patronizing.

edit on 19-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
Separation of church n state and art! Not anymore !

How did the government involve itself with religion on this one (church and state)?

Also, when and where was there a decree on government separation from the arts?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

self-aggrandizing

Funny how you always make me think of that term.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

Since when does any sort of work of art, show, etc., need to be devoid of political or religious statements--or even off-the-script remarks like this one, for that matter? Aren't those things fundamental topics of art and showmanship?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess when the speaker said "there is nothing to boo here" he mistook something else for booing.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

self-aggrandizing

Funny how you always make me think of that term.

As long as I make you think, my dear.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I didn't hear any booing. I heard the speaker say that there's "nothing to boo", and I heard a cheering crowd.

What did not happen, is the Hamilton actor "standing on a stage in front of a booing crowd and patronize the one the crowd is booing at."

DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Your own virtue signaling and moral posturing is making you imagine things that didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

But I don't stand on a stage in front of a booing crowd and patronize the one the crowd is booing at. That is beyond my conceit.

No it isn't Les. Especially if your crowd is the one doing the booing

Besides - if you took the time to pay attention, he called for them to stop booing

I got nothing but for love for all this. I know that drives you crazy - and I know that you can't help yourself. You need to spin this into some kind of anti liberal diatribe...

Well - whatever

I also agree that they are opportunists, but instead of seeking unity, they followed the crowd. Like I said: tribalism.

Is Trumps crew not guilty of the same thing? What is this unity you speak of?

I think you lack some basic understanding of how things work :-)

Or, you have a motive and a plan

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If you did, I would bother to converse.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Of course you have love for it. They are expressing feelings, and that is like hot garbage to a fly for some. But they are feelings nonetheless. It doesn't drive me crazy as much as it drives me to complete boredom.

Once they start talking about something in the world besides their own feelings, I will take the time to pay attention.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think people realize how Pandora's Box is being opened here.

If you support what happened in this situation, then I guess you'll have to accept and suffer through an announcement made by a flight attendant or pilot to the rest of the plane that the weight in the cargo hold has to be redistributed or that someone needs to change seats to accommodate your plus++ size or the size of your mother or that of your whole family.

I guess you'll have to accept and suffer through an announcement in a restaurant made by wait staff or the owner when they publicly lecture you on your ignorance of the cuisine or your wine selection, or for that matter the number of children you apparently have...or your piercings...or tattoos...or style of dress...or the color of your hair.

I guess you'll have to accept and suffer through an announcement made by the wedding photographer who announces to your guests what he thinks about them or the wedding party...the choice of dress...flowers...cake...food.

I guess you'll have to accept and suffer through ANY PUBLIC announcement made by any business that decides to publicly lecture you on any legally permissible topic.

And while most people are discussing this topic from the perspective of the cast or Pence, what about the other patrons? Did they pay for that part of the spectacle?

Yes, I get it. Businesses should be entitled to make poor choices. But what I don't understand is why in the world would anyone encourage them to do so????? Just because something is legally permissible doesn't mean we should culturally encourage it.

Some people have become completely unhinged, and in their effort to remind everyone how inclusive we all need to be, have made things more divisive than I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Bravo. Nice job.

I look forward to the signs in front of business establishments indicating Republicans Only. Democrats Only. Pro Life Supporters Only...Pro Choice Only...Harambe Haters Need Not Enter.

edit on 19-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is why sometimes you don't want to bring attention to yourselves. Regardless of what you think should be allowed for casting calls I believe in NY this is not something that flies.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Of course you have love for it. They are expressing feelings, and that is like hot garbage to a fly for some. But they are feelings nonetheless. It doesn't drive me crazy as much as it drives me to complete boredom.

Once they start talking about something in the world besides their own feelings, I will take the time to pay attention.

It's a shame you have no feelings Leslie - they're delightful

Love it when you're frustrated - it's always so obvious

Why are you even bothering with any of this? You guys caught the bus - you can stop running now

Hit the beach, catch some rays...

:-)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For once the govt didnt, art stepped in, if Oliver stone does a movie about jfk I have the choice not to watch it, but if I go to a Broadway show expecting one thing and it's haighjacked for a political comment where I had no part in that different matter.. I don't want to take my daughter to a production of the lion king and have it end with a poltical statement about South africas poor human rights or animal cruelty laws, time and a place, and my dollar is not that! U wanna preach to pence? Do it on your own time, not rallying support to a captive audience! a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join