It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

You know, I've been thinking about this Mr. Hand. And
if I'm here, and you're here, doesn't that make it our time...?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247

For once the govt didnt, art stepped in, if Oliver stone does a movie about jfk I have the choice not to watch it, but if I go to a Broadway show expecting one thing and it's haighjacked for a political comment where I had no part in that different matter.. I don't want to take my daughter to a production of the lion king and have it end with a poltical statement about South africas poor human rights or animal cruelty laws, time and a place, and my dollar is not that! U wanna preach to pence? Do it on your own time, not rallying support to a captive audience!

That did not answer my question about where art and the government are involved on this topic or why you think there is some sort of separation.

And if someone ends up peeing in your kid's Lion King cheerios play you can always approach the management and ask for a refund.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The most effective way for people to voice their displeasure over this is to stop buying tickets.

The show will close and that will be the end of that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I have feelings. I'm just unable to get self-centered enough to describe them for you. But tell me how you feel, friend. I am only ever frustrated to the extent that you project your frustration upon my avatar. One day you might stop guessing and ask. It will save you from being wrong all the time.

This case isn't egregious, but it is indicative of the tribalistic desires of group-think. I bother because it interests me.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not being a dik but this is something that is allowed, and rightly so, eg, I'm making a film about nelson Mandela, sorry, but I need a black guy for it, Leo dicaprio blacked up ain't gonna do it a reply to: jellyrev

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I have feelings. I'm just unable to get self-centered enough to describe them for you. But tell me how you feel, friend. I am only ever frustrated to the extent that you project your frustration upon my avatar. One day you might stop guessing and ask. It will save you from being wrong all the time.

I haven't wondered for quite some time now - so, sorry to disappoint

But, with this you give yourself away. Are you in my laptop then - and so angry you're willing to admit it in public? Should I consider this a threat?

How much of other' people's business are you actually into?

This case isn't egregious, but it is indicative of the tribalistic desires of group-think. I bother because it interests me.

You bother because it bothers you that other people won't think the way you do. Plain and simple

edit on 11/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The most effective way for people to voice their displeasure over this is to stop buying tickets.

The show will close and that will be the end of that.

Seems people left and right want the goverment to regulate what they find offensive......stupid aint it?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It sounds like I'm more in your mind than in your laptop. It appears I'm always the topic of your posts. It's flattering, but we should stick to the thread topic for the sake of the rules.

You bother because it bothers you that other people won't think the way you do. Plain and simple

Their thinking doesn't affect me. Their actions do, however, and that is what I'm criticizing.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We're effing doomed.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Absolutely!!
Passion of the Christ, pentagon papers, snowden, jfk , artists have the right and responsibility to make social commentary "in their art!" But if I'm watchin a show with no political overtones then " one of the actors" ( again, the producer is a vocal hilary supporter) starts making a politcal party broadcast when I as a paying customer don't want to hear it... That's wrong, say what you want on the street, write to any paper where I have a choice to listen or not, but as a captive audience, and a paying customer, I came to watch a show.. Not listen to Ur opinion when it's not part of the show. Think about it, if I go to a cinema watching Star Wars and at the end the end they sneak in at the end " thanks for watching.. Vote trump, I'd be pist off! ( cause that's what they did.. They sneaked that in)

Sorry, missed the Mr hand reference, confused there!! a reply to: Gandalf77

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

But if I'm watchin a show with no political overtones then...

I just want to give you a heads up that the musical Hamilton does have just a smidgen of political overtones being that it is about a politician.

edit on 19-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What do you think?

Their opinion is no more, or less, valid than my own. They have every right to express it.

However, there is a time and a place for these things. It's a bit dickish to choose that time, and that place.

We get it, we really do. You don't like Trump/Pence... I don't either. However, they are the ones who won the election, no matter how much you wish it other wise.

In a bit over a year and several months you will have the opportunity to express that displeasure in a much more profound way... The Mid-terms. An opportunity to render the evil that is Trump/Pence harmless, or virtually so, for the remainder of his time in office--or conversely, reaffirm it should he do a bang up job of it.

Until then, the better choice would be to let the man do the job he was elected to do. Looking like a bunch of whiny children isn't very impressive, nor is trying to embarrass someone in public...

So, what do I think?

I was less than favorably impressed. Some brats need to grow the Hell up.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just more proof that for the regressive left "diverse/diversity" is really just a dog whistle for anti-white.

The racist Hamilton producers even specified "non-white" actors only need audition in their original casting call.

Hamilton' musical runs into trouble over 'non-white' casting notice

The producers of the hip-hop historical musical "Hamilton" have run into trouble over a recent open casting notice seeking "non-white" singers for Broadway and upcoming touring versions of the hit show.

Actors' Equity Assn. criticized the notice, which appeared on the official "Hamilton" website, saying that the race qualification is inconsistent with its policies that provide for equal opportunity throughout the theatrical industry.

The "non-white" casting calls were set to take place in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco over the next two months. The original notice read that producers were seeking "NON-WHITE [sic] men and women, ages 20s to 30s."

How very "diverse" of them.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lol I will ask for a refund if anyone pees on my Cheerios!!
Art & govt are involved because art has a captive audience and are making a political statement against the govt. am I wrong? I'd be as equally outraged if a Broadway show ended the show with " let's all vote hilary/trump.. Whatever" .. At the end of the day the theatre are entertainment and should not be making any political commentary that is not part of the show.. There no different to the media, would you like game of throwns to end an episode " next week circea kicks ass.. Btw, BLM"

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It sounds like I'm more in your mind than in your laptop. It appears I'm always the topic of your posts. It's flattering, but we should stick to the thread topic for the sake of the rules.

Sorry - not buying that

And I won't forget

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Actually it was the audience... which the actors nor production crews have any control over. When Pence got up to leave the man playing Hamilton spoke to him directly.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Art & govt are involved because art has a captive audience and are making a political statement against the govt. am I wrong?

Completely. Unless there is government compulsion to view art there is not a 'captive audience'.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How does that change anything I said?

There are times and places to express yourself. Frankly, it was rude, and needless. There are many a forum more suitable for expressions.

If Pence is as bad as some are fearing, doesn't this run the risk of just hardening his attitudes? I wonder if that even occurs to people when they go on their rants in public??

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Fair point, but if I'm watching a show about the enigma machine I don't want a lecture on whether snowdens a traitor or a patriot. Save it for reddit/ Facebook a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join