It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is.
The message was welcoming & tastefully worded--maybe not the tone the average Ted Nugent fan is used to, perhaps.

The thing is, I assume Pence went to the theatre to be entertained. Those actors are talented individuals, & many of them are gay. Pence is the knot head who thinks gay people need to be cured. Not hard to understand why they chose to say something.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Excellent free speech. Why is any of this a problem? The only problem I see was that the statement didn't end with a moonwalk off stage for added effect.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Honestly with all the hate crimes popping up, I don't think this safety pin thing is so snowflakey after all but you better be willing and able to mean that you will put your own body between a victim and a violent bigot.

I think it's a beautiful and simple show of solidarity - and it also makes you a target

But, as someone pointed out to me the other day - choosing to not wear it also means that you have the freedom to be invisible where so many others don't

In any case - we'll be hearing about what a bunch of loser, SJW, snowflake panty waists we are for years to come.

How much am I supposed to care about that now?

:-)

link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

maybe not the tone the average Ted Nugent fan is used to, perhaps.

I haha'd!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Those actors are talented individuals, & many of them are gay.

Wait! What?!?!?! Broadway actors are gay???

How did Pence's head not instantly explode and rain bits of Conservative shrapnel down on the audience?

Everyone there should have gotten a participation trophy just for going to that play and risking bodily harm.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So it's "your" country and not anyone else's?

Classic Ketsuko - way to miss my point

We're all in danger of losing our country. All different kinds of people are coming together now to protest

Try thinking about what I'm saying before you come at me again

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Remember, "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Orwell understood that the abuse of logic, reasoning, and language is meant to control those below them. ..... haha... our leaders are now more equal than others.

Logic...reasoning...

Language

Sigh...you know what desert? It's going to be work to keep the crazy to a minimum. The King's English is not what it used to be

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I think that happens when 25% of the electorate and whatever percentage of the majority that is... contorts themselves into permanent victims.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Astonishing...the Trump/Pense ticket spent the whole primary insulting half the electorate and now want to make nice nice?

It's politics and you reap what you sow.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: carewemust

Unfortunately, for a lot of the sore losers, only Trump stepping aside and allowing Hillary to be President-elect will make them shut up.

We all know that won't happen, but I can see that some people need to believe that this is what this is about

We're all in danger of losing our country. All different kinds of people are coming together now to protest

After every election, the number of Democrat officeholders in this country shrinks. Now down the lowest level since the Civil War. Unless you get Republicans joining in the protests, or ship in people from other countries to assist, the number of protestors will always be relatively small and insignificant. LOUD..but with no teeth.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. I don't tend to do provocative things like these actors did.

What, exactly, did they do? There's seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of what actually happened at the theater.

The cast didn't change anything about the show. It went on as it has every other performance.

WHAT DID HAPPEN: The audience relentlessly "booed" Pence while he was being seated, BEFORE the show.
WHAT DID HAPPEN: Twice, when a line in the play was read, the audience went crazy because of its poignancy, standing and applauding to the point the show had to momentarily stop.
WHAT DID HAPPEN: When the show was over, Pence and Co got up and left, BEFORE curtain call.
WHAT DID HAPPEN: The actor that played Hamilton asked Pence to stop and listen to his plea, which Pence did from the hallway out side the auditorium.

This is what he said to Mike Pence, during the curtain call.

“We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” he said. “We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf all of us.”

So, I'm going to ask you again, What did the cast do that has you so offended?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think that's about to change. Not only that they will be further left. Well, I hope anyway. I'd like to rejoin the Democrats.
edit on 11/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think that happens when 25% of the electorate and whatever percentage of the majority that is... contorts themselves into permanent victims.

It hurts to not have your feelings validated

Well, guess what kiddies...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I was sort of on the fence on whether "virtue-signalling" was a real phenomenon, but this settles it. Their little "message of love" is no more than a peacock's display to people who think like them, evidence by the plea to "tweet this out", and it wasn't a message to Mike Pence in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So they should be silent if they don't fit your echo chamber?
Is that your preference?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That escalated quickly. No I didn't imply that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Perhaps use that fab vocabulary of yours to better 'splain your meaning then....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I was sort of on the fence on whether "virtue-signalling" was a real phenomenon, but this settles it. Their little "message of love" is no more than a peacock's display to people who think like them, evidence by the plea to "tweet this out", and it wasn't a message to Mike Pence in the slightest.

Virtue signaling? What is it you've been doing this past year if not virtue signaling?

If you actually believed words were without power - you wouldn't be here in this thread now with your bottle of word bleach

Tough luck LesMiscreant

Words matter - and people do signal each other

Got a problem with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join