It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It sounds like I'm more in your mind than in your laptop. It appears I'm always the topic of your posts. It's flattering, but we should stick to the thread topic for the sake of the rules.

Sorry - not buying that

And I won't forget

Won't forget what, exactly? That someone disagreed with you? It happens sometimes. You'll live.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Free speech and protest are rude. Too bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You seemed to take issue with the production.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247

Fair point, but if I'm watching a show about the enigma machine I don't want a lecture on whether snowdens a traitor or a patriot. Save it for reddit/ Facebook

That does not mean the film's producers cannot do that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Kali74

How does that change anything I said?

There are times and places to express yourself. Frankly, it was rude, and needless. There are many a forum more suitable for expressions.

If Pence is as bad as some are fearing, doesn't this run the risk of just hardening his attitudes? I wonder if that even occurs to people when they go on their rants in public??

According to any standards of decency, it was rude. Remember when we kept our politics and religion to ourselves?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
C'mon! Really!!?!! U know what I mean about a captive audience, splitting hairs here. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
According to any standards of decency, it was rude. Remember when we kept our politics and religion to ourselves?

When was that?

I think I recall from my crummy public school education that one of the most shocking displays of someone stating their political views happened in a theater during 1865.

link   
Are you not agreeing with each other? a reply to: LesMisanthrope

link   
a reply to: windword

Did I say they couldn't? I said they shouldn't.

...and yes, it is rude. Had it somehow been reversed, I doubt not that some of you wouldn't be nearly so understanding and supportive.

link   

I was less than favorably impressed. Some brats need to grow the Hell up.

You think this was a normal election then? The things that came up during this election were not the same things as we've come to expect. We're looking at a government that plans to register Muslims, just for starters. It wasn't just talk

People in this country are more than concerned - they're actually afraid. I know some people say it was all just talk, so - if this is how you see it I can understand how this might look like superficial nonsense to you

But, for much of America right now, we have to be able to deal with the reality that presents itself. That Donald Trump plans on doing the things he said he would do. The midterms aren't going to be a big enough band aid to fix this. We're in uncharted territory now

What they did was very respectful. Especially considering what night happen if we don't all speak up. I think in a country like ours, where we do have the freedom to speak, in public, with our elected officials - there is no venue that isn't appropriate

I think it's interesting that you call them brats

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

C'mon! Really!!?!! U know what I mean about a captive audience, splitting hairs here.

It is not splitting hairs. If you do not like what is being said you can walk out and ask for a refund.

No one forced you to attend or stay.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There are times and places to express yourself. Frankly, it was rude, and needless. There are many a forum more suitable for expressions.

If Pence is as bad as some are fearing, doesn't this run the risk of just hardening his attitudes? I wonder if that even occurs to people when they go on their rants in public??

Sure it was rude.

But I don't remember ever seeing that as a qualification for expressing ones self.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The behaviour was rude.

Attach whatever deeper meaning to that that you wish to.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
really?!? Are you really advocating that he should have shot pence in the head?!? // sarc
Lol a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When was that?

I think I recall from my crummy public school education that one of the most shocking displays of someone stating their political views happened in a theater during 1865.

At least back then it wasn't about public displays of virtue, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope.

Getting through to your intended target without being rude generally gets better results though...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

really?!? Are you really advocating that he should have shot pence in the head?!? // sarc
Lol

I am stating that people's public views on politics have been on display since forever.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They say you can catch more flies with honey. . . but even idiots have rights.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

What do you think?

I think this is the last time Mike Pence let's his wife harangue him into going to the theater to see a musical...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sure it was rude.

But I don't remember ever seeing that as a qualification for expressing ones self.

It never was a qualification for expressing oneself. But in terms of the quality of expression, it is sorely lacking.

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join