It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I was saying their little "message" wasn't a message at all, but something like a mating ritual to people who think like them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That sounds kinda psycho-conspiratorial and paranoid.

But OK, thanks for the clarity on what you meant.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I have no problem with it. I find it hilarious. I always love a good comedy.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I bet if I told you how brave it was of them, you'd be singing a different tune.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unless you get Republicans joining in the protests, or ship in people from other countries to assist, the number of protestors will always be relatively small and insignificant. LOUD..but with no teeth.

I'm curious to see how this goes - as much as anyone. Republicans have joined

Loud voices have big teeth. Not everything has to be about firepower

Or, do you disagree?

There's a reason leaders shoot their protestors

edit on 11/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I feel bad for the owner of the building and owner of production if they did not authorize this.
Your job at work is not proselytize.

If the owner/producers authorized this then I respect it. But then they should also respect when a business does not want to produce a good/service for a gay wedding. free speech.

You have one Hell of a point there. If this is acceptable and free speech...then while the baker makes a gay wedding cake for his customers, he is welcome to lecture them about "Jesus" and their "sinning against God by being gay" without any legal repercussions....RIGHT?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
God! What's he doing going to a theater? Doesn't he know better?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I was saying their little "message" wasn't a message at all, but something like a mating ritual to people who think like them.

We get it Les - thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We get it Les - thanks

My pleasure. I will add, though, that moral posturing is a component of tribalism. It is something we should criticize instead of applaud.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hamilton ... Oh, you mean that prime example of leftists culturally appropriating history?

Can you tell me that if a bunch of white people made a play about Selma and cast all white people in it that the left wouldn't be all butthurt over it, but creating Hamilton is awesome and edgy and wonderful ...

Oh my god you just soo triggered me...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I bet if I told you how brave it was of them, you'd be singing a different tune.

Hehehe, I bet I wouldn't care.

I think your interpretation of what transpired is wrong, but you have freedom of speech in your own country don't you? So how about you just let some American actors be ok with exercising article 19, freedom of speech (the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or societal sanction) and not worry about whether I am part of your echo chamber or not.

edit on 19-11-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You're right he deserves zero hours of sleep or personal time.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We get it Les - thanks

My pleasure. I will add, though, that moral posturing is a component of tribalism. It is something we should criticize instead of applaud.

Do you think we're so stupid that we don't see your transparent cognitive shortcuts. Verbosity and goofy syntax, never covers up a lapse in logic.
edit on 19-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Reminder....this is NOT the Mud Pit or Chit Chat!!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Posts will continue to be removed.
Post bans may happen.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sat Nov 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I can sort of respect trump....

But pence is a neocon, chickenhawk, freedom hateing piece of fundie scum

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think if I pay for a ticket to see a play, I don't want to have to sit and listen to a lecture from a bunch of butthurt Liberals.

“We had to ask ourselves, how do we cope with this?” Mr. Seller said. “Our cast could barely go on stage the day after the election. The election was painful and crushing to all of us here.

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

It's unfortunate for you that intelligence and talent at the arts frequently render one such a "liberal snowflake".

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Criticism is also speech, remember. Unfortunately, these folks were criticizing nothing, and were merely signaling back in forth to each other how "good" they were through appeals to emotion.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The irony is rich, isn't it.

I love the line, "we are the diverse America". Really, I mean how racially centric can a person get. The diverse can have this country, but they'll never have me or mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I will add, though, that moral posturing is a component of tribalism. It is something we should criticize instead of applaud.

Such the social anthropologist you. The Jane Goodall shtick is getting old

You're actually going to presume to lecture us on moral posturing?

Alls I know is - some of us have this need to tell us how language works, what is legitimate or not, what is the truth - and what is not...who is moral - and who is not. Why the need to constantly tell us what we're saying (and thinking) is not right?

:-)

I'm suspicious of anyone that spends as much time as you do telling other people what they really mean, or what they should mean. Always with the what you're saying isn't legitimate, important, meaningful or safe

People gonna talk. Some of us accept that, even when we disagree. Some people are always trying to control how we talk - and how we think

These performers took advantage of an opportunity. I'm pretty sure they weren't morally tribalizing backstage

edit on 11/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: Some of my words self-deported :-)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: jellyrev
I feel bad for the owner of the building and owner of production if they did not authorize this.
Your job at work is not proselytize.

If the owner/producers authorized this then I respect it. But then they should also respect when a business does not want to produce a good/service for a gay wedding. free speech.

You have one Hell of a point there. If this is acceptable and free speech...then while the baker makes a gay wedding cake for his customers, he is welcome to lecture them about "Jesus" and their "sinning against God by being gay" without any legal repercussions....RIGHT?

Sure, the baker absolutely has the right to run his mouth all he wants. Considering that Jesus had absolutely nothing to say about gay people (and plenty to say about rich people), the baker just sounds like the typical idiotic, fundamentalist, self-righteous stooge. That's not unconstitutional. It's when the baker refuses to bake the cake for the gay couple and tries to claim that his "religious rights" are being violated--which is really just code for "they won't let me discriminate"--that the problem arises.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join