It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland OR Protests/Riots 11-12-16

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They've announced the protest to be an unlawful assembly at the time of this posting. Still peaceful at this point but they are disobeying the law. Last night flashbang grenades had to be used to disperse rioters who were burning paper and signs in the streets.

Live feed here.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
People are eventually going to get really sick of seeing their foot stomp protests......seriously too many people in this country have a real need to grow up! I can't believe that entire swaths of "adults" portray this kind of immaturity to the rest of the free world.....oh how hard I can imagine they are laughing at us.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
They've announced the protest to be an unlawful assembly at the time of this posting. Still peaceful at this point but they are disobeying the law. Last night flashbang grenades had to be used to disperse rioters who were burning paper and signs in the streets.

Live feed here.

I remember during the occupy movement, the homeless had a place to call "home". Now it seems the sjw's have a "movement". I feel bad for the people who work and live in downtown. The cops really don't mess around in P-town. They're not afraid to kill people.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

While I don't disagree, they have a right to protests. The ones this year however have highlighted the flaws in the critical thinking skills of the protesters. They are oblivious.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I've never been there but it's on my bucket list. Anywhere west of the Rockies actually but I digress. I listen to a talk show who is doing his radio show live. He keeps interjecting with how they are lighted ADD's. Aerial dispersement devices, kind of like aerial flashbangs. However, I'm not seeing that in the live feed......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I literally just saw someone wearing a blm jacket. I thought this was about the election?

Link to pic of what I'm talking about.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-11-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

I don't think anyone exactly knows what they are doing or trying to achieve down there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

While I don't disagree, they have a right to protests. The ones this year however have highlighted the flaws in the critical thinking skills of the protesters. They are oblivious.

As much as I have to laugh at the protesters, I'm with you- why is it against the law?
I really don't like a bunch of overgrown children with too much time and money on their hands throwing temper tantrums - but until they're interfering with MY freedom, I don't see any problem here.

I hope they start getting arrested en-mass and blaming the establishment for the laws allowing them to get arrested over peaceful protest.
Gee, I wonder who created those laws...

Time to get a smell a bit of your own brand...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I don't think anyone exactly knows what they are doing or trying to achieve down there.

Throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their own way.

In the words of the intern I had to fire because he didn't understand how a job works,

"I am so triggered right now" - all of the protesters.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

That's exactly my point with the occupy crap I dealt with in downtown. It was seriously a clusterfunk of homeless kids, entitled PSU students, and bored hipsters. The working people had jobs to do and rent to pay, so we ignored as much of it as we could. Unless if you either worked or lived downtown, both of which applied to me.

As far as bucket lists? Go to Seattle over Portland. It's actually much nicer in the sense the surrounding areas are more worthy. You could hit up the SAN Juan islands, head up to Canada, go to Forks and make fun of the Twilight fan tards, the culture in Seattle is more plentiful. Portland you can do in a day. Seattle will take you a week to enjoy fully.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think there are a few different reasons for them being there. As PlasticWizard showed, there is a BLM element down there.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Holy crap. I just saw my ex in the feed. Woman's study major, MSW feminist. Wow. That was sureal. I had a feeling she would involve herself in this. Complete and total feminist sjw in the true sense. Wow.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It looks like they blocked off burnside bridge. Funny thing is, by blocking a couple of bridges, and maybe two major streets, you could successfully quarantine the entire downtown area.
I just feel badly for the people trying to go home after working. I still have friends who work right where they are filming. And from the looks of the crowd, I'm seeing a ton of young faces. Portland State is right in downtown too. Funny. Actually, it's not.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

So there is a college there? That's very interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The cops are moving in now. Flash bangs going off. Sweeping up the mess.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I'm on the MAX to downtown right now. I'll let you all know of any shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I agree.....but as I have said in previous threads just because they have the right does not mean they should exercise it.....especially over something this foolish.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm on the MAX to downtown right now. I'll let you all know of any shenanigans.
Good luck and be safe. Cops in full riot gear on Stark and maybe 6th? They were just by the indoor mall.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Awesome. Looking forward to an actual on the ground update, thank you Abysha!

Ps. Still waiting for an explanation in that other thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So there is a college there? That's very interesting.

Yes. Really close by where this is all going on. About 10 blocks. PSU. It's where a few of those SJW YouTube vids were filmed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join