It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Portland OR Protests/Riots 11-12-16

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
a reply to: JinMI

Last winter it was rather warmer in the North. I'm not one of these "warming" people either BTW! If the warm trend holds this winter, we may see this $0R0$ protesting continue. I live in Montana, and it's middle of November-and the heater still hasn't kicked on tonight! That means it could go throughout the winter. I say we 'drone 'ol $0R0$ to death!

Wish I could say the same but it is already below freezing here in the northeast....thankfully I live in the middle of a group of towns that went red in the sea of blue that is the northeast.....which wouldn't be a problem if blue still represented democrat instead of radical liberal which it apparently now represents.....

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

He tries debating with me, and I am gentle with him and don't try to beat him up too badly, but at his age?

I'm a greedy bastard with money who doesn't "know how it is".

I don't, "Know his story!".

I love the moron to death, but he is fully immersed and indoctrinated.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That line of reasoning is way to familiar.

"I don't know how it is!"

I had to explain the electoral college and how the majority of the United States doesn't actually agree with the antics and outrage. She was generally surprised.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

He tries debating with me, and I am gentle with him and don't try to beat him up too badly, but at his age?

That is sad and sorry to hear that.....I think they will eventually realize that they were used as a tool to try and get crooked Hillary elected at some point....at least I hope they will. (as a group) I am not even against every thing that liberals believe just as I think some of the conservative ideas have merit....but the far leaning left ones have gone bat-loon crazy imo.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
he's going to college.

he's a. . . .

he's a . . . . .

he's an 'Art major".

(hangs head in shame)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Aren't you in IT and doing fairly well for yourself? My gawd! Can't say you didn't try to lead by example.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

he's going to college.

he's a. . . .

he's a . . . . .

he's an 'Art major".

(hangs head in shame)

heh, don't take it too hard.....a new occupation will be adopted I am sure when the realization sets in that it is very rare for Art to pay the bills.....as they don't call most artists starving for nothing. Colleges are another piece of the problem as they foster all this "safe space" everyone is a winner bull crap. I'm an old fart now....over 40 and I still remember when things were not quite this messed up.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Aren't you in IT and doing fairly well for yourself? My gawd! Can't say you didn't try to lead by example.

My Masters degree is in engineering. I do ok.

Enough to support my son. I love the boy with all my heart. . . . . .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! Say your prayers. Hopefully your son is grown up enough to stay out of trouble! After your son gets done with it, ask him what he learned....And thanks for sharing. May your son be protected!
edit on 11/12/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

He has a part-time job as assistant GM of a great hotel. The kid could do quite well for himself but for now. . . he's doing it to support his "art".

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Maybe he'll come around, or get hungry, or sick of borrowing from Dad.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! Say your prayers. Hopefully your son is grown up enough to stay out of trouble! After your son gets done with it, ask him what he learned....And thanks for sharing. May your son be protected!

Thanks.

He's dumb enough to go, but smart enough to stay out of trouble (I hope)

he's more interested in his "swag" to be honest. He wants to impress a red head gal.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Darkphoenix77

He has a part-time job as assistant GM of a great hotel. The kid could do quite well for himself but for now. . . he's doing it to support his "art".

well...maybe reality will set in at some point and he'll realize that he'd be better off turning that part time position into a full time one when Trump hopefully turns this festering pile of poo of an economy around.

Edit: I can't fault him for trying to impress a gal with red hair as honestly they have always been a weakness of mine also.....I almost started dating one I met on match.....thankfully nothing came of it because now all she talks about is her safe space on Facebook which leads me to believe had we started dating it would have ended in a spectacularly explosive fashion in all probability.....

edit on 12-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
SEE!! SEE!! THIS is what happens because they took DODGEBALL out of gym..

./sigh

Now everyone gets a ribbon.. What a shame..

DB, my condolences, he's still young tho, there is hope for him yet..

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Maybe he'll come around, or get hungry, or sick of borrowing from Dad.

I wish he'd get sick of borrowing from 'dad'.

He's got it good though. Free room and board, my wife does his laundry and we buy him food.

We're enablers.

link   

Aww DB... you sure you and your wife aren't cousins, right?

link   

Hey man, I'm was an art major and now a professional artist. I run my own business and I'm fairly successful. The problem with art degrees is people don't know how to use them or build a successful portfolio that will get them a good job. Took me a year and a lot of hours to get mine together enough to land jobs. If your boy has a good work ethic and a willingness to take criticism, then he should be OK.. If not, dude needs to change his major fast!

At one point in my life I probably thought similarly to your boy. chasing ass at all costs hell I'd probably riot if it was hot enough. Now a days.. Not so much.. My wife, kid and mortgage wouldn't like it. Lol

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Sounds like you and your wife need a big brother to your son. *raises hand* I'm housebroken too.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oh man. I remember those days. Feeling like the whole world vs me and I had to fight the man to give me my due. I have since grown up and have seen how foolish I was.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Our house is well insulated. It is about 39 out right now. Still mighty warm for this time of year!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join