It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump played you all like fiddle, welcome to the new order, welcome to the Fourth Reich

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Marie, I am half German, my family came to the USA in the 1850's from Prussia. I am a student of history, and I do believe that many of things that Donald Trump did, this election cycle, were reminders of the things that Adolph Hitler did in the 1930's. Whether they have an an affect on 2016 America is yet to be seen.

Nice to meet you, BubbaJoe,

I just checked the old maps unsure whether I actually am in the former region of Prussia, but I am apparently not quite, even though it stretched out pretty far through the country. ;-) Have you ever been back?

Well, I hope they don't have an affect on 2016 America, I really do. I was never able to understand how what happened in Germany back then was actually able to happen at all and I haven't found an answer yet. But that is what is scaring me about what's going on in your country right now, that nobody can actually predict how things like that actually happen and the actual hate I see ... people were even wearing shirts saying: "proud to be a hater" when they went to vote (might not be many people, I saw that on a TV program from the UK). Hate is never a good start. Doesn't matter towards what or whom it is focussed. Hitler hated. When I heard Trump talk about deportation ... you know that is so close the the german word they used for the jews back then and I have never heard it being used since for anything else: deportieren.

Well, we can only wait and see, BUT ... sorry I also have to say this: I believe many Germans back then also thought, after Hitler got in power: It probably won't get really bad. That is I believe something very human, to hope for the best. But sometimes it just doesn't come.

Let's not paint it all black yet though. You are still the people. You can start again talking nicer to each other, can't you? (And I am not talking to you BubbaJoe, you have been very kind.)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
dp
edit on 12-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Willtell
One dark day all these deceived ones will rue the time they supported Trump.

Remember this day…remember this period because it’s the best its going to be under Trump.

To Trump this is just another deal…another swindle…half the American people--that’s a good deal for Trump.

He's laughing at his supporters and grateful for their ignorance

Dark days are ahead folks

Get ready for em.

For you elected Trump at a price

...And that price is the very destruction of the foundation of the nation and maybe the world
Sad thing is, only half of Americans voted, so Trump only has support of 25% of the American public.

That's because we had no better choice....
2nd. you know that already
I stand by my right not to vote or participate, when there is no choice that reflects what is important to me. More should do that, imho.

I don't need voters to vote who don't care.

Or voters that vote for any reason other then the issues.

Ok Année: so you vote on issues, or what the candidates will do about them?

Thanks for twisting my viewpoint.

Sorry - - - didn't mean it that way.

Was really just expressing my own opinion.

Fair enough, my friend. But pls. re-read what I wrote and what you replied, and see if that wouldn't have struck a chord in you, about what you are objecting to, and being totally and completely misunderstood. THAT is the essence of why I don't vote, understanding where I am and the difference between democracies and representative republics, with no one truly representing YOU.
Thanks.
tetra

OK. Personally I respect people who don't vote for real reasons. But, then you kinda have to go with whatever happens.

I only voted for president and legal marijuana in CA. Left every thing else blank.

That's probably worse that I didn't study up on local issues that directly affect me. But, I just recently moved back here (still an excuse).

Gonna go back and read

OK.
I went with "whatever happens."
What makes you more observant or better or more mindful than me?
I truly, having lived what we're discussing, and you having accused me of not caring enough etc., resent what you're saying.

Just being honest.
I've been personally attendant to "whatever happens." You;re just moving back, as you say, and you're more attendant to whatever happens than me, and seek to judge me for my willful peaceful objectition by not participating because the aggregate electorate no longer represents me in a representattional republic????
ok.
give me some civic lesson, pls.
tetra

TRUCE - - - we apparently got off on the wrong foot. And every time I say something seems to make it worse.

So I'm gonna shut up. Starting over.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: dfnj2015

What I want to know is how a post like this gets so many flags and so many stars for what. Some persons opinion.

In regards to your opinion if you really think what you write is true well then, your a little to far gone. Sure all those in power tend to have something not quite right with them, as money is power and power corrupts.

However, your post is just nothing more then lines of the same thing I have heard a thousands times. About anyone and everyone. Its just your view, does not make it true.

I would deem it not true however, considering its not that accurate.... at all.

and your opinion is more important than the OP's because why?

Really? and someone stared you. What a joke this website has become.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Remember this day…remember this period because it’s the best its going to be under Trump.

To Trump this is just another deal…another swindle…half the American people--that’s a good deal for Trump.

Get ready for em.

...And that price is the very destruction of the foundation of the nation and maybe the world
Sad thing is, only half of Americans voted, so Trump only has support of 25% of the American public.

I stand by my right not to vote or participate, when there is no choice that reflects what is important to me. More should do that, imho.

Fair enough, my friend. But pls. re-read what I wrote and what you replied, and see if that wouldn't have struck a chord in you, about what you are objecting to, and being totally and completely misunderstood. THAT is the essence of why I don't vote, understanding where I am and the difference between democracies and representative republics, with no one truly representing YOU.
Thanks.
tetra

OK. Personally I respect people who don't vote for real reasons. But, then you kinda have to go with whatever happens.

I only voted for president and legal marijuana in CA. Left every thing else blank.

That's probably worse that I didn't study up on local issues that directly affect me. But, I just recently moved back here (still an excuse).

Gonna go back and read

I didn't care enough to vote and was apathetic, and next, that I wasn't voting for the true objectives.....

NO, that's not what I mean.

I do understand caring enough not to vote for the only options available.

I only just registered in CA 1 day before the deadline. I was registered in Arizona.

My point of not voting locally - - is I did not have a good reason - - it is my fault for not reading the issues.

So Année: From what I gather, you have chosen to do what I did, for the exact same reasons, but then castigated me for doing the same.....????

You understand not caring enough to vote for the only options available...and yet. It's not that I don't care enough. I've made this point over and over. Yet you've defined it as a defining point of yours, while it's not my own.
IT ISN"T THAT I DIDN"T CARE ENOUGH< EVER< EVER< EVER

So, let's be clear.
It doesn't have anything to do with where I live, where I moved, or where I was in the movement of those two things, thing one and thing two....

It isn't about [b] situation awareness at all.
The political landscape, hereabouts, me thinks, eclipses all situational awareness, and your current circumstances, and I could hardly care what they be....and they aren't attendant to the primary issues at hand, my friend.
Good luck to you, despite all that. But you've failed to either represent your case, nor criticize me on my own, with any real integrity, for your wherewithal, your view on pot, legalization, and whatever state you lived in or moved to has absolutely nothing to do with what we're currently discussing, nor is warranted for discussing nor administering a cure for my "apathy," which really doesn't present as apathy at all, but a [total lack of representation of who I am and stand for and that's what voting in a representational republic really means, my young friend.....

It has nothing, absolutely, to do with how I feel about marajuana legalization, or apathy, or anything else. Kindly circumsize your comment to mine and my position, pls....
tetra

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Get ready for em.

Thanks.
tetra

Gonna go back and read

OK.
I went with "whatever happens."
What makes you more observant or better or more mindful than me?
I truly, having lived what we're discussing, and you having accused me of not caring enough etc., resent what you're saying.

Just being honest.
I've been personally attendant to "whatever happens." You;re just moving back, as you say, and you're more attendant to whatever happens than me, and seek to judge me for my willful peaceful objectition by not participating because the aggregate electorate no longer represents me in a representattional republic????
ok.
give me some civic lesson, pls.
tetra

TRUCE - - - we apparently got off on the wrong foot. And every time I say something seems to make it worse.

So I'm gonna shut up. Starting over.

LOL.
I gotta have a drink with you, just for that. Yes, nodding, we prob did get off on the wrong foot, or whatever body part adequately represents that. Cheers to you, lady. Have a good night.
That's how easy I make peace and acquiesce. Much love and happiness to you.
tetra

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What I want to know is how a post like this gets so many flags and so many stars for what. Some persons opinion.

In regards to your opinion if you really think what you write is true well then, your a little to far gone. Sure all those in power tend to have something not quite right with them, as money is power and power corrupts.

However, your post is just nothing more then lines of the same thing I have heard a thousands times. About anyone and everyone. Its just your view, does not make it true.

I would deem it not true however, considering its not that accurate.... at all.

and your opinion is more important than the OP's because why?

Really? and someone stared you. What a joke this website has become.

Why is your opinion more important, and what does it matter that I was starred, adds nothing to my check.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emarie

Marie, I am half German, my family came to the USA in the 1850's from Prussia. I am a student of history, and I do believe that many of things that Donald Trump did, this election cycle, were reminders of the things that Adolph Hitler did in the 1930's. Whether they have an an affect on 2016 America is yet to be seen.

Nice to meet you, BubbaJoe,

I just checked the old maps unsure whether I actually am in the former region of Prussia, but I am apparently not quite, even though it stretched out pretty far through the country. ;-) Have you ever been back?

Well, I hope they don't have an affect on 2016 America, I really do. I was never able to understand how what happened in Germany back then was actually able to happen at all and I haven't found an answer yet. But that is what is scaring me about what's going on in your country right now, that nobody can actually predict how things like that actually happen and the actual hate I see ... people were even wearing shirts saying: "proud to be a hater" when they went to vote (might not be many people, I saw that on a TV program from the UK). Hate is never a good start. Doesn't matter towards what or whom it is focussed. Hitler hated. When I heard Trump talk about deportation ... you know that is so close the the german word they used for the jews back then and I have never heard it being used since for anything else: deportieren.

Well, we can only wait and see, BUT ... sorry I also have to say this: I believe many Germans back then also thought, after Hitler got in power: It probably won't get really bad. That is I believe something very human, to hope for the best. But sometimes it just doesn't come.

Let's not paint it all black yet though. You are still the people. You can start again talking nicer to each other, can't you? (And I am not talking to you BubbaJoe, you have been very kind.)

I have only left the US twice, both times to Mexico. I have traveled to 46 of the 50 states in my life, and the other 4 are on my bucket list. You are German, so I focused on the German portion of my family, the other half is English, Scots, and Irish, and we have been here since 1621. Parts of my family, have probably been involved in most everything the US has done for a very long time. The US needs to come together, Donald Trump is not the man to do that, the next four years are going to be rough

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The other day I was talking about this (going from this election to the Third Reich once more) with a friend who said, he finds himself so often thinking about what he would have done if he had lived in the 1930s and 1940s. And of course if you are thinking about that you always hope you would have done the right thing and you want to distant yourself from the people who lived back then and did bad and horrible things or only even supported Hitler and call them different than you are, but you can’t really because your own family was living back then, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles. It’s so difficult to wrap your mind around.
Did you know how many people, I believe it was mostly women, but I am not certain, wrote letters to Hitler that were full of admiration and love? (I have an entire book about that in which those letters are printed) They did believe he would save them and change the bad lives they were living back then into good ones. Give them back their work. Make them all prosperous. He didn't. He did the opposite. (Well, he gave them all work in the factories were they built ammunition …)

I am just rambling now ... ;-) sorry.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Emarie because: well, I wrote safe instead of save ...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The other day I was talking about this (going from this election to the Third Reich once more) with a friend who said, he finds himself so often thinking about what he would have done if he had lived in the 1930s and 1940s. And of course if you are thinking about that you always hope you would have done the right thing and you want to distant yourself from the people who lived back then and did bad and horrible things or only even supported Hitler and call them different than you are, but you can’t really because your own family was living back then, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles. It’s so difficult to wrap your mind around.
Did you know how many people, I believe it was mostly women, but I am not certain, wrote letters to Hitler that were full of admiration and love? (I have an entire book about that in which those letters are printed) They did believe he would safe them and change the bad lives they were living back then into good ones. Give them back their work. Make them all prosperous. He didn't. He did the opposite. (Well, he gave them all work in the factories were they built ammunition …)

I am just rambling now ... ;-) sorry.

You are fine. I actually have met a gentleman in the past, I won't name him, but I met him in 1978, and by his own admission he had been a member of the Hitler Youth. People do stupid things to protect their families and incomes. The gentlemen I spoke to, never defended himself, other than to say, that is how it was. I have to add, I worked with this man for several years, and he was a very good and honest person.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

Trump won by using classic German style propaganda techniques. He blamed the "immigrants", the "Muslims", the "liberals", the "democrats", "Hillary", "the media" as the cause of all YOUR problems.

Yep and Hilary played the race card and went full retard.

Or "sexist." Another variation is if you are disagreeing with them they give themselves license to accuse you of mansplaining or whitesplaining... I hate that ish.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You are fine. I actually have met a gentleman in the past, I won't name him, but I met him in 1978, and by his own admission he had been a member of the Hitler Youth. People do stupid things to protect their families and incomes. The gentlemen I spoke to, never defended himself, other than to say, that is how it was. I have to add, I worked with this man for several years, and he was a very good and honest person.

That is exactly what I mean. You (meaning me) know your grandparents and you also know how nice and kind and loving they are and always have been and that's what makes it even harder to imagine what they lived through and how, how, how it happened.

What Trump needs to do in my opinion is not tweet and reinforce the hate but calm everyone down. Or at least try. Do something. And NOT ever with tweets but with his voice in front of the Nation.

Alright, I am out for today.
It was nice talking with you.
Marie

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: muSSang

Trump won by using classic German style propaganda techniques. He blamed the "immigrants", the "Muslims", the "liberals", the "democrats", "Hillary", "the media" as the cause of all YOUR problems.

Yep and Hilary played the race card and went full retard.

Or "sexist." Another variation is if you are disagreeing with them they give themselves license to accuse you of mansplaining or whitesplaining... I hate that ish.

and you prove yourself to be an intelligent human being in what manner?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That is exactly what I mean. You (meaning me) know your grandparents and you also know how nice and kind and loving they are and always have been and that's what makes it even harder to imagine what they lived through and how, how, how it happened.

What Trump needs to do in my opinion is not tweet and reinforce the hate but calm everyone down. Or at least try. Do something. And NOT ever with tweets but with his voice in front of the Nation.

Alright, I am out for today.
It was nice talking with you.
Marie

Marie,

It has been nice talking to you as well, yes my parents and grandparents are/were nice folks, they were were racists. I know this is a generational thing, but damnit people, we do not judge others by the color of their skin. How does this stupidity continue to exist?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Your are the frst sensible person I see on this page and I agree. This deserves a more serious conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I didn't vote for either one of these clowns, but come on, the Fourth Reich? ...and you expect anyone to take you seriously?

You're just craving being the center of attention by posting things to shock people into responding to this crap. But it is working. I'm replying. This is the problem, not who won the election. Rational people are looking for a way to compromise and move forward.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I didn't vote for either one of these clowns, but come on, the Fourth Reich? ...and you expect anyone to take you seriously?

You're just craving being the center of attention by posting things to shock people into responding to this crap. But it is working. I'm replying. This is the problem, not who won the election. Rational people are looking for a way to compromise and move forward.

Blaine, there is actually some intelligent conversation going on in this thread. I hope you can see that. There are a few, but not many, of the burn it all down variety.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Fourth Reich huh? You better feel goddamn happy that we have been stubborn and low brow enough for you to maintain your right to bear arms, including your high capacity anti-authoritarian rifles with the tactical scary blackness and fore grip. Because guess what??? Your right to keep those arms ensures you will be in a position to defend yourself from this Reich personally. Because if its true, your only choice is to run and hide, or fight for liberty.

I guess we weren't so crazy after all were we?? Now go out and purchase more arms and ammo and train to use them, if you truly believe the boogy man is coming now. Don't worry, we won't mock you and call you names. Welcome to our point of view.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

If somebody resembles Hitler it is without doubt Hillary Clinton also known as Hitlery Clinton. Just saying I know some germans or if someone's ancestry is german doesn't give a better understanding.

It is high time someone kicked Obama/Clinton behind and stopped supporting terrorism.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Fourth Reich huh? You better feel goddamn happy that we have been stubborn and low brow enough for you to maintain your right to bear arms, including your high capacity anti-authoritarian rifles with the tactical scary blackness and fore grip. Because guess what??? Your right to keep those arms ensures you will be in a position to defend yourself from this Reich personally. Because if its true, your only choice is to run and hide, or fight for liberty.

I guess we weren't so crazy after all were we?? Now go out and purchase more arms and ammo and train to use them, if you truly believe the boogy man is coming now. Don't worry, we won't mock you and call you names. Welcome to our point of view.

There's Godwin's law.

There needs to be another one - - "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of bringing Gun Rights into it approaches 1."

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join