It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Turnout Of Hispanic Voters Looks LIke They May Cause A Landslide Win For Clinton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: UKTruth
Couple of quick points.

A lot of hispanics voting does not mean they are all voting for Clinton.
LA Times currently has Clinton 47-44 vs. Trump with the Latino vote.

Unanticipated, record turnout of a voting block that favors Clinton (even if it's only by 3 points) isn't going to do anything good for Trump.

It won't help him no, but I don't think it will definitive. I think she will win mainly because Trump did not manage to open up a big enough gap with the white vote, especially college educated.

link   
a reply to: Byrd

I live in Ga and we have a large population of migration workers and illegals, also many that are here by legal means, I also worked with a lawyer on migration as a translator, then moved on to work with the state education department to teach English to migrant workers children.

I think I know a thing or two of who is who around my neck of the woods and many of the people I relate too, when it comes to helping illegals and migrants get benefits pay by the tax payers.

link   

I provided the links.
you describing me being biased is an adjective in this case.

Sure, verbs can become adjectives.

Verbs Can Become Adjectives

Freepost please (and I will be charging you for English lessons soon)

Doesn't seem like there is anything you can charge me for.

The fact that unfair appears in one definition and not the other is an inconsistency on their part. You can tell them if you want but I'm still not paying for it.
edit on 7-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Now, what I can see is 20 million American citizens who are members of the minority groups and American women showing up at the polls in more numbers than they have before. Neither of these groups favors Trump though each group has some members who will vote for him.

I hope everyone who is eligible to votes.

You really think hillary inspires anyone to vote? I could see some coming out to vote against trump but not in those numbers.
By the same token I do not think trump inspires many to vote. I do think ALOT will vote against hillary.

We should know in around 36hrs

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

bloody peasants.

Is that a spot in the basket of deplorables?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I live in Ga and we have a large population of migration workers and illegals, also many that are here by legal means, I also worked with a lawyer on migration as a translator, then moved on to work with the state education department to teach English to migrant workers children.

I think I know a thing or two of who is who around my neck of the woods and many of the people I relate too, when it comes to helping illegals and migrants get benefits pay by the tax payers.

So do I. Personally. Directly. Exactly. How they get here to begin with, and then how they get health care, and food, and jobs, and fake IDs and all of it.

Directly. So, I know a THOUSAND things about it.

You'd rather they all die, then? Especially the babies? Deny them citizenship, starve them out, refuse them homes or jobs. All class, Marg, all class. Shame on you.
I really had thought better of you. Or rather, I guess the shame is on me, for thinking that Spanish-speaking immigrants here were decent, caring people. Not so vindictive, you know.

But yeah - you are in Georgia. Racism there is really deep. So it's like you're one of the "cool kids" who got here "the right way" and married someone and got a job. And you don't want to give up your status.

BULLY FOR YOU. That makes you a vindictive mean girl, not a hero.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Couple of quick points.

Unanticipated, record turnout of a voting block that favors Clinton (even if it's only by 3 points) isn't going to do anything good for Trump.

It won't help him no, but I don't think it will definitive. I think she will win mainly because Trump did not manage to open up a big enough gap with the white vote, especially college educated.

I don't necessarily disagree with that.

But if we add this particular unexpected turn to the mix, it may end up being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Consider, for example: Garcia is one of the three most common last names in Nevada and Arizona, both key swing states. The Latino vote could easily swing these states blue.

edit on 7-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

bloody peasants.

Is that a spot in the basket of deplorables?

Totally subjective. Depends who you ask.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I provided the links.
you describing me being biased is an adjective in this case.

Sure, verbs can become adjectives.

Verbs Can Become Adjectives

Freepost please (and I will be charging you for English lessons soon)

Doesn't seem like there is anything you can charge me for.

The fact that unfair appears in one definition and not the other is an inconsistency on their part. You can tell them if you want but I'm still not paying for it.

Lol, whatever dude... you are using an adjective.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why are you LOLing and saying whatever? I just said I was.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

ask in public or
ask in private?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why are you LOLing and saying whatever? I just said I was.

OK, We can continue the English debate in PM

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Couple of quick points.

I don't necessarily disagree with that.

But if we add this particular unexpected turn to the mix, it may end up being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Consider, for example: Garcia is one of the three most common last names in Nevada and Arizona, both key swing states. The Latino vote could easily swing these states blue.

I think the camels back was broken on Sunday. What I have seen in the polls is that Trump takes some time to gain ground and get level with Clinton and then some big news comes up out and he drops quickly. The path of least resistance seems to be a Clinton win.

I am expecting something similar to 2012 in terms of difference - some people might call that a blow out but it might be a few narrow wins in some big swing states that gets Clinton there.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The first thing the Church tell the illegals in my neck of the woods is to procreate make a lot of babies because the tax payers will pay for all of them, no they are not dying of hunger, we are all paying for their food.

I am in shame yes the way that the government deceive the tax payer and pander to the illegals in the nation.

Yes I know how they also get to enjoy SS, welfare and other benefits, yes I been there and seen it too, when I did translations.

Taxes no problem they get to tag all the "children" that they supposedly left back in their country because they came to work, real and none real.

Yes for 5 thousand dollars you can get a migrant worker permit, a driver license or a SS and no questions ask.

Yes we love America as citizens, but illegals love it more and for pennies on the dollar because when they get tired or commit crimes they can always go back home and let all cool off until the next time.

Yes I also have been in federal court doing translations in behave of criminals that deportations are nothing but an inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No need. There is nothing to debate. Your first oxford link didn't have a definition for adj so I quoted the definition for the verb.

You said it was an adjective and I agreed. So what? Oh and just for good measure here is the Merriam-webster definition of bias:

noun: a tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others that usually results in treating some people unfairly

Just to show the inconsistency doesn't just apply to one dictionary.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No need. There is nothing to debate. Your first oxford link didn't have a definition for adj so I quoted the definition for the verb.

You said it was an adjective and I agreed. So what? Oh and just for good measure here is the Merriam-webster definition of bias:

noun: a tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others that usually results in treating some people unfairly

Just to show the inconsistency doesn't just apply to one dictionary.

I've linked the definition of the adjective,
Merriam Webster - you used "bias" now? Why switch back?
Here is their definition of biased (adjective) from Merriam Webster:

having or showing a bias : having or showing an unfair tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others

www.merriam-webster.com...
Which leaves us back with you needing to prove unreasonableness and/or unfairness. I won't hold my breath, you'd argue that the sun won't come up tomorrow if you had to defend your position .

edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
Like the scene in LOTR when Aragorn raises an army of the dead to swoop in and change the tide of the battle....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Please don't hold your breath, I linked a definition which shows that "unfairness" is not a necessary part of the definition. You can write them and have them clear that up for you if you like.

ETA: Yes, "having or showing a bias" takes us back to the definition which shows no requisite of unfairness.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Please don't hold your breath, I linked a definition which shows that "unfairness" is not necessary part of the definition. You can write them and have them clear that up for you if you like.

No you really didn't.
You even switched back to the noun bias, but that includes a reference to unfairness as well. Which is fairly obvious to anyone who knows what bias or being biased means.

You are literally crazy. You simply don't know how to concede when you are wrong. Funny in a way, but also a bit sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It is actually a question that comes up. I look for answers and you call me crazy. Good thing that I don't really care too much about those things. Just enough to point them out.

Bias and Unfair

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join