It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Turnout Of Hispanic Voters Looks LIke They May Cause A Landslide Win For Clinton

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is the key point, not a single interview and a single source he misinterpreted.

The point I was making had to do with things Trump has said. So yes, it is the point.

You're welcome to make a different one.

edit on 7-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They've also been oversampling Democrats. So what's your point?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: UKTruth
Explains a lot. Delusion of grandeur and projection on to others. Common in control freaks

Nice try but, no.

People have biases. That doesn't make me better than anyone else. I have my own but not about this.

So who made you the arbiter of other people's bias? Who made you responsible for the 'official, non biased' interpretation of what Trump meant?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So you still have not realized that worldstarcountry said something that took his discussion with Lucid Lunacy on a tangent?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

This clearly isn't the case. Remember, Trump claimed he would get the Latino vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So who made you the arbiter of other people's bias?

You just said that you felt it was a good thing for him to say. You said it.

Who made you responsible for the 'official, non biased' interpretation of what Trump meant?

Who said I was the 'official, non biased' interpreter of what Trump meant?

I said that my interpretation, unlike those of others, is unbiased. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

That is the key point, not a single interview and a single source he misinterpreted.

The point I was making had to do with things Trump has said. So yes, it is the point.

You're welcome to make a different one.

I know - you were raising a completely irrelevant point.
I'm not sure I have met anyone who has never misinterpreted data at some point in their lives.

The underlying point Trump was actually addressing is a real problem - according to the data freely available.

If you raise an important point and one (of many) sources you use is misinterpreted, does that make the underlying point invalid? Sounds like nit picking to discredit him as opposed to addressing the bigger issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So who made you the arbiter of other people's bias?

You just said that you felt it was a good thing for him to say. You said it.

Who made you responsible for the 'official, non biased' interpretation of what Trump meant?

Who said I was the 'official, non biased' interpreter of what Trump meant?

I said that my interpretation, unlike those of others, is unbiased. Nothing more, nothing less.

So its anyone who disagrees with you who is biased? Back to that fallacy.
I do feel it was a good thing for him to say, but I am not running my interpretations of how many people he meant by 'some' to conclude he meant the 'minority'. He said 'some'. So he meant 'some'.
edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No, anyone who shows that they are biased through their statements is. I fail to see how someone saying that they are for or against something can be fallacious.

I do feel it was a good thing for him to say, but I am not running my interpretations of how many people he meant by 'some' to conclude he meant the 'minority'. He said 'some'. So he meant 'some'.

Makes no difference. The main point is that you thought it was good. That is what bias means. Feeling that something is good or bad. Biased for or biased against.
edit on 7-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The main point is that you thought it was good. That is what bias means. Feeling that something is good or bad. Biased for or biased against.

Nope. Not necessarily anyway, it simply shows a leaning, irrespective of good and bad because good and bad are subjective.

"The girl showed a bias toward Beyoncé, even though the girl thought some of her music sucked"

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No, anyone who shows that they are biased through their statements is. I fail to see how someone saying that they are for or against something can be fallacious.

Makes no difference. The main point is that you thought it was good. That is what bias means. Feeling that something is good or bad. Biased for or biased against.

Hate to burst your bubble, but no, that is not what bias means. It would only be bias if it was unfair and personal opinion influenced my judgement.

the action of supporting or opposing a particular person or thing in an unfair way, because of allowing personal opinions to influence your judgment

So, now you got that wrong...you claimed I was biased and you were not. Simply, this means to have any validity you need to show how I am being unfair and you are not.

I'm waiting...
edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Not in this context.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: alphabetaone

Not in this context.

See above - you need to brush up on your understanding and definitions of words...
You have a couple of proof points to provide.

chop chop...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure I have met anyone who has never misinterpreted data at some point in their lives.

Good grief!

Can you downplay it even more!?

Trump said the immigrants were rapists. When called on this he gave his source. His source didn't support his claims at all.

The underlying point Trump was actually addressing is a real problem - according to the data freely available.

According to the data he used to justify his points, it shows those immigrants are the victims of that rape that's occurring.

If you raise an important point and one (of many) sources you use is misinterpreted, does that make the underlying point invalid?

But his point was that the immigrants were the rapists. So if his source doesn't support his point (which it doesn't), he should have given a different source that did.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They've also been oversampling Democrats. So what's your point?

Oversampling Democrats?

What makes you think that? Because they poll more Democrats than Republicans?

You know there's more Democrats in the country than Republicans right?

You also know that there was a much larger turnout in the Democratic Primary than the Republican one right?

Lastly, you know that Clinton's popular vote numbers vs a much tougher candidate in Bernie sanders beat Trumps popular vote totals against a guy who didnt know what a basketball hoop was right?

Look at the primary numbers... The Republican turnout was weak..

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

This clearly isn't the case. Remember, Trump claimed he would get the Latino vote.

Totally right, when running for office a candidate should totally just announce that he means to throw an entire sector of the electorate under the bus like Clinton did by calling half the population deplorable.

What was he supposed to do? "Then there are the Latinos and we're losing them, so who cares about them ..."

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Trump was running against more candidates right up until the end too.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble, but no, that is not what bias means. It would only be bias if it was unfair and personal opinion influenced my judgement.

No, it could be fair and still be a bias.

And if you expect us to believe that personal opinion didn't go into it then, that would be another, no

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Good grief!

Can you downplay it even more!?

Trump said the immigrants were rapists. When called on this he gave his source. His source didn't support his claims at all.

According to the data he used to justify his points, it shows those immigrants are the victims of that rape that's occurring.

If you raise an important point and one (of many) sources you use is misinterpreted, does that make the underlying point invalid?

But his point was that the immigrants were the rapists. So if his source doesn't support his point (which it doesn't), he should have given a different source that did.

It's not the only source Trump has used (by a long way).
Why not concentrate on the actual problem as opposed to a Trump gotcha moment?

Is there a problem or not?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

See above - you need to brush up on your understanding and definitions of words...
You have a couple of proof points to provide.

chop chop...

No I don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join