It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Turnout Of Hispanic Voters Looks LIke They May Cause A Landslide Win For Clinton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm not offended and what he said sounds like that to me. I also added a little common sense observation to back that up.

OK, so why is your reaction more significant then in judging whether he was right or wrong to say it?
I thought it was a common sense thing to say...and actually a very good thing to say. The thousands of victims of sex crime and millions of young people affected by the drug trade were my immediate thought, not the feelings of someone upset by what he said.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You might want to figure out what those two are actually talking about.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
OK, so why is your reaction more significant then in judging whether he was right or wrong to say it?

It isn't a reaction. I'm just analyzing the words and what they mean. The context in which they were said and taking into consideration the audience and the intended effect.

I thought it was a common sense thing to say...and actually a very good thing to say. The thousands of victims of sex crime and millions of young people affected by the drug trade were my immediate thought, not the feelings of someone upset by what he said.

Yes, that is your bias.

I don't have that.
edit on 7-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You might want to figure out what those two are actually talking about.

What I am trying to figure out is who gave you, or people who agree with you, the responsibility of defining what Trump actually meant?
I prefer to actually look at the words he used.
edit on 7/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Notwithstanding all the sour grapes of many posters-- the OP is absolutely correct-- Trump buried himself the day he announced the race by offending so many Latinos.

Then over the race he offended woman blacks and Muslims many times.

Proves to me that he never wanted to win and is working for Hillary all along

The biggest proof that Trump can’t win is that he will lose the white college educated voters....

www.thedailybeast.com...

Adding the massive Latino vote against Trump may spell a landslide for Hillary

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It isn't a reaction. I'm just analyzing the words and what they mean. The context in which they were said and taking into consideration the audience and the intended effect.

Yes, that is your bias.

I don't have that.

I think something differently to you, so I am biased? Ah, now we are getting somewhere near how you think about life.
See above - wondering why your interpretation is any more valid than mine.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What I am trying to figure out is who gave you, or people who agree with you, the responsibility of defining what Trump actually meant?

That was their tangent.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

This is good news. Let's see the lying, immoral scumbag reap what he's sowed.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think something differently to you, so I am biased? Ah, now we are getting somewhere near how you think about life.

Yes.

Because I'm actually looking at the words without feeling anything about anyone.

Everyone claims to look at the words he used but, still, people on both sides get it wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That was their tangent.

So people who disagree with you are bias and on a 'tangent'? I see.
Quite the dictatorial mind you have there.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yes.

Because I'm actually looking at the words without feeling anything about anyone.

Everyone claims to look at the words he used but, still, people on both sides get it wrong.

Explains a lot. Delusion of grandeur and projection on to others. Common in control freaks

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No, really, the rapists he is talking about ARE immigrants, specifically the illegal immigrants.

The source he used for his claims wasn't supporting his claims.

I know the rapists he's talking about ARE the immigrants, the illegal immigrants.

His source was saying those immigrants were actually the victims of the rape occurring.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

No, really, the rapists he is talking about ARE immigrants, specifically the illegal immigrants.

The source he used for his claims wasn't supporting his claims.

I know the rapists he's talking about ARE the immigrants, the illegal immigrants.

His source was saying those immigrants were actually the victims of the rape occurring.

So? He made a mistake with a number. However, there are over 2,000 deportations of sex offenders each year from Texas alone and a high percentage of drug related crime has it's source in product flowing over the southern border. The problem he is talking about is real.

link   

No, worldstarcountry had said that the rapists where on the Mexican side of the border. You actually disagree with that but still argued with lucid lunacy about it.

Sorry but that's a perfect example of how your bias keeps you from seeing things clearly.

link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yeah, they've been underpolling Latino/Latina voters the entire election cycle. Even large amounts of Latino/Latina Republicans are voting for Hillary, particularly in Florida.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, worldstarcountry had said that the rapists had been the people on the Mexican side of the border. You actually disagree with that but still argued with lucid lunacy about it.

Sorry but that's a perfect example of how your bias keeps you from seeing things clearly.

Is there a rape problem from illegal immigrants accessing the US from the southern border - yes.
Is there a drug problem from illegal immigrants accessing the US from the southern border - yes.

Those are facts not open to interpretation, only quantification.

I just wanted your superiority complex on record, which you have provided.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So? He made a mistake with a number.

Mistake with a number!? What in the hell.

He said the rapists were the immigrants.
His source said the immigrants were the victims.

This mistake isn't a matter of bad math.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

So? He made a mistake with a number.

Mistake with a number!? What in the hell.

He said the rapists were the immigrants.
His source said the immigrants were the victims.

This mistake isn't a matter of bad math.

There are rapists coming across the border and drugs - in large numbers.
That is the key point, not a single interview and a single source he misinterpreted.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Explains a lot. Delusion of grandeur and projection on to others. Common in control freaks

Nice try but, no.

People have biases. That doesn't make me better than anyone else. I have my own but not about this.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is making the assumption that Hispanics are a monolithic voting block first off. It is also making the assumption that this surge will be enough to overcome the very real deficits Cliinton has with the black vote and young voters, both of which are depressed over Obama levels -- they are not with her at the moment.

So it may all be a wash at best or not enough. Considering the early voting returns in Florida are far more favorable to Trump than they were to Romney according to Drudge reports, this may simply be wishful thinking or not enough.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join