It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You guys are all so supportive, you really humble me! (As much as an arrogant fool like me can be humbled, of course)

If I'm ever posting too much story you all need to let me know.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Too much story? Are you kidding me?????? Bahahaha! No way! Keep posting!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No, I dont mind. Any publicity is good publicity!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

OK, OK, just had to check. I have the self-esteem of a carrot, you see, so I am very concerned about offending others.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Carrot on please! (Yeah I know pretty corny) but I don't think any of us will get tired of your amazing story!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hi guys. Hello everybody.

So i went fishing last night with a buddy. We had to hike about 30 min to get to our spot it was semi remote.

On the way home were walking aling a lakeside service road when illuminated by the bright full moon a mountain lion saunters into the middle of the road 75 feet from us. Stops, looks at us for a moment then bounds across the road up to the top of a hill. Covered the 200 foot distance to the top of the hill in 4 seconds and in large leaps. Was impressive.

Pumas look a whole lot bigger in real life when oys 12:30am, theyre only 75 feet away and theres nothing inbetween you and it and youre not armed and its just you and your buddy and nobody else for miles.

When she got to the top of the hill it turned around and watched us. we made sure not to turn our backs to it for long while egreesing. Good thing too. When i turned around to keep track of it i had followed us halfway down the hill. When it saw me turn around it crouched down and blened really well with the grasses. Was a hairy 20 more minutes walk back to our car. But i honestly think the cat was just keeping an eye on us and wasnt stalking us. Either way we stayed far away from any ambush spots and overhangs.

But yeah. At the time the cat seemed gigantic.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

HA! Funny.

OK - finally got it formatted & I'll post in a sec. NOTE: If this one's too icky, you guys have to let me know & I'll remove it. I tried to keep it tasteful, but I don't yet know where the line is for the Shed.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring

Today's episode: Blood

Bile rose in Gaalen's stomach. He had seen the heights of violence and savagery during his time in the Lanceguard. Men cut down and killed in all sorts of ghastly ways by the creatures of the world outside the walls of Avaanse. But he still felt unprepared for the horror he saw right now.

The man – it must have been a man since the corpse bore a kir – was bound to a sturdy wooden chair in his own quarters. The quarters had belonged to an under-valet – one who substituted in for other valets as needed, or was used to serve as valet for visiting noblemen or sometimes noblewomen if they preferred a male servant. The kir allowed such choice without concern for safety.

Of course, no one in the room could tell if the body tied to the chair was in fact the under-valet in question.

It was unusual to involve Bastion personnel in a palace criminal situation like this. However, he had been with the Captain of the Royal Guard, Ronil Wesaden discussing aspects of the Feast of the Bells and how the Lanceguard and Ladiesguard could assist the Royal Guard during the festival when the messenger arrived and he had offered to help.

Gaalen surveyed the austere room. A small desk with a quill, an inkpot, a few sheets of parchment, and a single book – the Aomman Book of Voices. A candle still burned low on the desk. The room contained one window and a pallet of straw. A chest of the man’s personal belongings stood open, his livery hung neatly on one side, now spattered with blood. Strips of what looked like cloth – the man’s nightshirt, Gaalen assumed - lay scattered about the room.

Gaalen’s stomach heaved again, but he fought it down. It wasn’t even the corpse that bothered him. It was the blood. Blood was everywhere. The strips of nightshirt were soaked in it. It had covered the pages on the desk and obscured whatever was written. Light trying to stream in the window glowed a dull scarlet-black. There were even splashes on the ceiling, some still dripping. One man could not bleed this much, Gaalen thought. Who on Geaomm would do such a thing?
edit on 11-15-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: Whoops - removed quote tag

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah! I am getting ready to head home but will read it tonight! Woohoo!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Nice one Shep! Very good addition to Your Tale!!

In fact there has been work from Others lately that fit into the 'Nice' category! You Guys/Gals make it hard to come up with anything even remotely up to Par, for Your 'Course'!

Gordi I am looking for an image or two to fit the call, for Your and Toms' Project... Oh can you send Me your email address please by way of U2U? Thanx in advance...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Shepard, the self esteem of a carrot? Ahahaha! Being here in this place, your self esteem will rise. Trust me!
Your story was not icky! It was great!!! I have been in battles where blood was spilled and lives were lost and stuff in my story. No problem.

Dave, though I would absolutely love to see such a wildcat, I would have been scared to death with one walking around so near to me! I would imagine if it didn't have cubs nearby and wasn't too hungry, folks would be safe.

Hiya Jess Honey!

Hiya Syx!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

At the time she seemed huge, like a giant tiger.
She was so silent and smooth in her movements. If it werent for the full moon and her being out in the open on a paved road we'd never have seen her move across in front of us. and, if she chose to, wed have walked right into a ambush. We got lucky.

She was running across the road from the lake. Bet she was getting a drink and got surprised by us coming around the corner. We ourselves were pretty silent.

But man, the way she scaled that hill. If she wanted us, she woulda gotten us. Easily coulda.

When she followed us along the trail by staying half way up the embankement/hill she blended so well when in a low crawl with the scrib and grasses that, if not for her movements, wed have never been able to keep an eye on her. She was that stealthy....and huge.

We spent half the walk home strategizing. "Id take our fishing polls and hold her off using them like spears. " .... "uhh.... IlI....um...throw my styrofoam cooler at her when she charges. Maybe shell go after our catfish we caught instead"

But after, in reflection...yeah right ...we werent gunna be able to do squat if we got pounced on. Who were we kidding.

The hunter...us fishermen almost got bested by another hunter.

I swear if it werent for the supermoon we would have never, ever, spotted her or been aware of just how close to danger we were.

edit on 15-11-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Scary as hell for sure! I think that anyone who goes where such a creature lives, needs protection of some kind, like a gun. It must have been a gorgeous cat though and I'm glad that you, your friend and the cat are all alive and well.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It definitly got our pulses racing. But yeah yhe cat was pretty. Light beige with a black tip on its tail. Somehow i remember that detail. But really the beauty in her was the silky smoothnes and finess to her movements. Graceful and powerful and totally intimidating.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Double
edit on 15-11-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It's fascinating isn't it? I mean, we humans think we're so awesome. But if you take away our weapons, and put us face to face with a real predator, you quickly see where humans fit on the totem pole of wilderness.

Thanks for relating that story, BASSPLYR!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They are graceful and beautiful creatures! I envy those who have rescued and earned the trust of wildcats. What an amazing and rewarding feeling that must be!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So very true! Nature as well. It can be quite powerful and cause great destruction.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh no, I missed you when you were here!

You know that gif cracks me up! Love it!

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join